Interesting Nugget on Sherman from Eric Williams Chat

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
First off: guy asks question about Baldwin and Sherman regarding Harbaugh:

11:31 Comment From Carlos rogers
Do you think Baldwin & Sherm really dislike Harbaugh or are they just showing allegiance to their new team?

11:31 Nope. That is legitimate.

Then it gets really interesting:

11:32 Comment From xcman Did the Stanford guys not like him while at Stanford - or just feel slighted now

11:33 At Stanford. Sherman and Baldwin were recruited by a different coach, and had a tough transition when Harbaugh took over. Sherman moved from offense to defense in part to get away from Harbaugh.

So if that's true: part of the reason we even have a star cornerback is because Harbaugh is an ass.

Beautiful.

Link to entire chat here: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks ... -11-a-m-8/

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought at first that it was just playful, but spiteful "you didn't draft me" banter. I then realized that it was legitimate hstred after the birthday wish.

Pstark3

Reaction score
Wonder what was going through harbaughs head when Sherman was running that block back for a touchdown..haha

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Thanks for the All-Pro corner Douche Boy.
Your act will soon wear very thin with your players in Frisco (probably already has started......can you say "quaterback controversy"?....I knew that you could) and your team will soon become mediocre at best. I'm looking forward to your firing.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Nice find. Interesting, verry interesting.

gtcotcakya

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":19uhvg86 said:
11:32 Comment From xcman Did the Stanford guys not like him while at Stanford - or just feel slighted now

11:33 At Stanford. Sherman and Baldwin were recruited by a different coach, and had a tough transition when Harbaugh took over. Sherman moved from offense to defense in part to get away from Harbaugh.

Delicious irony if that's true...so I'm gonna believe it!

:mrgreen:

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
Hawkblogger did an interview and write up on Sherman on this exact topic a couple of months ago. Richard legit hates Harbaugh with a passion because Harbaugh pulled the same crap w/ Sherman after an injury that he's pulled on Alex Smith after his concussion. Sherm was their #1 WR and he got dropped basically off the depth chart after he got hurt, and Baldwin was his "little brother" at Stanford so you know they're gonna stick together

Axx

Reaction score
Can this rivalry get any better????

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":25idj3u1 said:
So if that's true: part of the reason we even have a star cornerback is because Harbaugh is an ass.

Beautiful.

You know, I've never really thought of it that way. That makes it even SWEETER! Thanks!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
the SBN Niners site was reporting last year that Luck also was not too friendly with Coach Harbaugh.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Other than Alex Smith, I've not seen many players express a fondness for the head whiner. That admiration, I am certain Smith would now like to retract. I have nothing against kaep, and wish him well (in the long term) but in the short term, I hope he flops and costs the Niners a run at the SB. I doubt t would lead to the dismissal of Harbaugh, but it would certainly knock him down a notch. But even then, his mammouth ego would surely remain intact.

canzag

Reaction score
I also have heard Harbaugh wanted Sherman to transfer but he would not.Sherman is a smart dude.He knew even if football did not work out a degree from Stanford is worth it.Plus the fact he is from Compton.How many kids from Compton can make it at Stanford,Sherman is inspiring story if you really think about it

zayden185

Reaction score
If send Baldwin and Sherm down to dtanford to do a recruiting/draft report...

Guys who hated harbaugh! Smart and have burning fire for the guy!!

He is a different cat isn't he? Makes him good I suppose

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
I've heard countless interviews with people that have been around hardouche, and the majority of them say one of two things...1) he was a decent guy as a player...2) he's a huge ass as a coach. That's coming from former players, and staff members.

No doubt about it....the guy is an ass hat.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
The guy will soon flame out in the NFL. You can't keep treating people like crap over and over without having them eventually quit on you. Wait until teams go hard on their free agents.

olyfan63

Reaction score
canzag":1vth5ccz said:
I also have heard Harbaugh wanted Sherman to transfer but he would not.Sherman is a smart dude.He knew even if football did not work out a degree from Stanford is worth it.Plus the fact he is from Compton.How many kids from Compton can make it at Stanford,Sherman is inspiring story if you really think about it

Nice post. The whole situation also shows Sherman is one smart dude, as if getting into Stanford wasn't enough. I've always been fascinated that Sherman came from the Compton environment and all the places to go wrong there, and wound up at Stanford. Major-league overcoming ones surroundings.

Hamhawk

Reaction score
off topic a little,..but I'm wondering if brother John is similar in personality,....he's been with and done well with the Ravens for a while now,...