Running up the score outrage!

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
According to the national media:

Week 14: Seattle 58 - Arizona 0; Pete Carroll is evil running up the score like that! No class.

Week 15: Seattle 50 - Buffalo 17; Is Pete Carroll pissing off the rest of the NFL by running up the score like this? Tony Kornheiser intimates that RW might have his legs broken over this kind of irreverence.

Week 16: Green Bay 55 - Tennessee 7; Wow, those Packers are back and this just shows how powerful that offense really is. Aaron Rodgers for MVP! The Pack is Back!

Rainger

Reaction score
SoCalSeahawk":2r5zk0tz said:
According to the national media:

Week 14: Seattle 58 - Arizona 0; Pete Carroll is evil running up the score like that! No class.

Week 15: Seattle 50 - Buffalo 17; Is Pete Carroll pissing off the rest of the NFL by running up the score like this? Tony Kornheiser intimates that RW might have his legs broken over this kind of irreverence.

Week 16: Green Bay 55 - Tennessee 7; Wow, those Packers are back and this just shows how powerful that offense really is. Aaron Rodgers for MVP! The Pack is Back!
Yea it is such bull shit isnt it?

Rainger

Reaction score
Seeker":1c4na0ow said:
i love it.
we are the villains now
Man I have such a MAN crush on Uncle Pete for what he has done here. I love that the nation HATES us. I want it to continue. People only hate what they fear. Never in 37 years have we had what we have now under PC/JS. Bring on the hate. Take no prisoners.

SundayNiteBlackout

Reaction score
rainger":3rb9sx42 said:
Seeker":3rb9sx42 said:
i love it.
we are the villains now
Man I have such a MAN crush on Uncle Pete for what he has done here. I love that the nation HATES us. I want it to continue. People only hate what they fear. Never in 37 years have we had what we have now under PC/JS. Bring on the hate. Take no prisoners.

BINGO

irocdave

Reaction score
Back off on the woe is me stuff. Hawks are getting huge props from the media now, probably to much coverage. The hawks still have ground to cover to prove they can win it all. Having to go on the road in the playoffs will not be easey, not saying the guys cant do it, but it wont be easy and it's not something they have done yet consistantly.

With that said, GB will have their handsf ull with the angry birds...just hope it doesnt snow like last time in GB.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Snow or no snow, we'd destroy the packers right now. With ease. Wouldn't even be close.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
irocdave":31xt5wkg said:
Back off on the woe is me stuff. Hawks are getting huge props from the media now, probably to much coverage. The hawks still have ground to cover to prove they can win it all. Having to go on the road in the playoffs will not be easey, not saying the guys cant do it, but it wont be easy and it's not something they have done yet consistantly.

With that said, GB will have their handsf ull with the angry birds...just hope it doesnt snow like last time in GB.

It's not really woe is me stuff. It's a double standard.

To be clear, any and all complaining about running up the score at the pro level is insanely stupid. However, people don't get to just suddenly feel like it's no big deal when one team does it vs. when another team does it.

nsport

Reaction score
At my daughter's basketball game for 4th Graders - they went up 20 and the mercy rule was enacted. They still kept the time, but no longer kept score. Maybe we can get good 'ol Roger to consider this rule change?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Those type of rules definitely have good utility at high school and below. When it's kids playing, then by all means I don't support one side showing up another in an activity that's just supposed to be pure recreation. But man this running up the score complaining at the college and pro level has driven me crazy for years.

OP
OP
SoCalSeahawk

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
irocdave":2t6tr78u said:

I don't see how you get "woe is me" out of the original post. And what's with the "Back off" lead in? Was I in your personal space or something?

CPHawk

Reaction score
GB, unlike Seattle, scored 21 in the 4th quarter. That is purposely running up the score, but we play on the moon so who cares.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
nsport":1habh0hj said:
At my daughter's basketball game for 4th Graders - they went up 20 and the mercy rule was enacted. They still kept the time, but no longer kept score. Maybe we can get good 'ol Roger to consider this rule change?
Ya, maybe Goodellll will get the rules enacted that would freeze the higher scorers numbers so the other team can catch up, but only IF the higher scorer is the Seattle Seahawks :16:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
In all seriousness tho, I'd be pissed at Pete if he let up and didn't keep pouring it on, because that would encourage the other team to fight even harder to make a come back....and if they won because of a let up by Pete?, those SAME media pundits would be saying shit like "neither Pete nor the Seahawks players know how to finish a game"
Pete needs to answer these jerks with an "I refuse to ask my guys to let up or roll over for anyone"

Happypuppy

Reaction score
No one wants anything to do with this team. They are on a roll , can lay some wood on you (see DAL game) and getting better at all facets of the game

travlinhawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed that about the GB game but it is what it is. IMO Pete has his own thing going and not a lot of folks understand that outside of our circle. Everything he does is calculated and has meaning either for now or down the road. I just trust him and John and let the media chips fall where they may. Letting us in AND being the good guys is just a little more than I think a lot of the media is willing to do right now. As we continue to win big they will (and have been) adding a lot of Seattle to there agendas. The term red-headed step child comes to mind.

Latest posts