What would you give to pair Russ with a top 10 ALL TIME wr?

sturg78

Reaction score
I have said a few times in multiple threads (padding thread count is a productive way) that I would love to have a megatron/Fitz game changing WR. Do you (the reader) think that a 22-24 year old baller WR would put us over the hump in tandem with Russ? If so, what would you be willing to give up for him? Flynn + 1stf ro Fitz at close to 30? Okung + 1st for megatron? 1st and blah blah for robert woods....guy from clemson? I guess I am asking, what would you give to pair the glory of Russ with the Schneider approved WR baller of the future. Could you sacrifice a top 10 D for a top 5 O?

bellyfat

Reaction score
I'd give up both Flynn and Browner for Fizgerald.

Only because the other three guys we have and the up and comers.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I"m not sure any of that is feasable..
however I have an alternative..

Al Toon

Al Toon was his fav receiver from WI who was drafted by NO and is still with NO. I think he sat out this year with a injury of some sort, but him and RW connected pretty good in college.

Besides, why would Pheonix give up their one real star who is an outstanding community person as well for a QB and be left with a QB but no receiver? Would make no sense to me.

Might be able to get Dockett though.

bellyfat

Reaction score
No actually I wouldnt trade within our division. So maybe Browner and a 1st rounder for Calvin Johnson.

skater18000

Reaction score
Depending on the doing...

The trade value is...

Seahawks Receives:

Top 10 receiver

Other Team Receives:

2012 1st rounder

2012 3rd rounder

Top 5 player on our team... (Sherman, Lynch, Wagner, Thomas, Okung)

At the end of the its not worth it because our superbowl caliber team isn't worth the risk. Never would happen anyway because we have a core base of our team. We need to add weapons in the draft on offense and studs on defense...

OP
OP
sturg78

sturg78

Reaction score
Yeah, feasible or not I guess the question is how much of the defense would you sacrifice for a legit lead leading number 1 at the expense for our defense or special teams.

cacksman

Reaction score
skater18000":2uxuvlti said:
Depending on the doing...

The trade value is...

Seahawks Receives:

Top 10 receiver

Other Team Receives:

2012 1st rounder

2012 3rd rounder

Top 5 player on our team... (Sherman, Lynch, Wagner, Thomas, Okung)

At the end of the its not worth it because our superbowl caliber team isn't worth the risk. Never would happen anyway because we have a core base of our team. We need to add weapons in the draft on offense and studs on defense...

Where did you come up with this?

Sherman and Thomas are more valuable alone than probably all but 3 WRs in the entire league. How do you figure we would need to trade away one of them, a 1st and 3rd for a Brandon Marshall(or other top 10 WR)? We could get him straight up for Sherman or Thomas. Not that we ever would do that.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
We could easily get the most electric receiver in this draft, and I don't think any trades are required. Tavon Austin from West Virginia. He's smallish.... he reminds me of a guy with Cliff Branch's size, Steve Largent's hands, Darryl Turner's break-away speed, Joey Galloway's confidence and build, and Russell Wilson's moves and intelligence and work-habits. Now tell me... does that sound like a guy who with a great QB throwing to him could become a top 10 receiver? Sure does to me. Even better than that... he's a great kid. Works hard, is kind and giving, and is a Mack Strong type of personality, he is an honor roll student in college and played his whole "contract" (scholarship) out and had a redshirt year to improve his game, but also to finish his degree and honor his commitment, so unlike a lot of receivers, I think Tavon is ready day 1 and can be used as a returner, receiver either in the slot or the outside, and has even played running back (oh the thought of the trickeration or even the threat of it are awesome). I think he's like Golden Tate, but he'll put it together a lot sooner. He moves in the open field like a cheetah. It's amazing to watch him run after the catch. He glides and everybody else seems stuck in glue.

There are chances to draft some really fine receivers this year. Some really good chances. I'd take Tavon with our first rounder and wouldn't look back.

joeshaney

Reaction score
Have u been watching us play.....
We don't need no stupid trade for a reciever to:
"Get us over the hump"
We are over the hump!

Rice is a great #1
Tate is a great #2
Baldwin is starting to ball...

Lets target more defensive lineman or a pass rushing speed linebacker.
One offensive player I'd consider for the right deal is Reggie bush to replace Washington.
I still like Leon but bush could be versatile Ala Percy harvin and pàir with lynch amazingly for potentially a much better value than Percy.

Still, draft is a better resource for this team.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Andre Johnson, or Larry Fitzgerald I don't care how old they are, I'd give a first rounder and possibly some change for either.

themunn

Reaction score
I'd love Fitz, but a player like him with his contract would cost us elsewhere, and I'm not prepared to give anyone up.

I'd much rather see us do a Falcons-type trade up for a Julio Jones/AJ Green type (if there's one available of course)

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I would like to test the market for Harvin. Reunite him with Bevell and Rice.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I have complete faith that P&J will find a gem or two in the draft. We're at the point now where all we need is a few players to really fill out this roster. I would like to see a true #1 WR, speed/coverage LB, and a immovable DT obtained in the draft. Beyond that it's just gravy.

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
I've been saying it all year and it's finally coming to fruition, Don't forget Baldwin was our #1 receiver last year. But I do think we have one spot to fill. The Butler/Kearse spot..

Rice, Baldwin, Tate, now butler (don't know how that will turn out yet). I'm not a fan of Kearse so far, I'm thinking Butler will take his job. But getting a Star, top 5 guy in that spot would be amazing.

sutz

Reaction score
Meh. Whoever teams up with Wilson for the next few years might just turn into a top 10 receiver. ;)

It's much better when the "stars" emerge from your team than it is trying to trade for them.

I want home grown talent, not retreads.