What Changed With The Offense?

Zowert

Reaction score
Can someone who has been following the Hawks a little closer tell me something, please...?

Up until the Arizona game (or you could even argue the Chicago game) the Seahawks offense hovered between average and below average. That is the way the offense played most of the season at least in my opinion.

What changed since the loss at Miami? I think the offense played pretty well in Chicago, while the defense kind of took a game off. But after that, both sides of the ball have played well, especially the offense.

So... Can someone tell me what they know, or at least think has changed in the offense lately? I know Russell Wilson has been playing extremely well, but the game cannot rest entirely on the quarterback. Receivers have been making some great catches, the offensive line looked like it has been solid (especially Okung and Unger). Lynch is great as usual. But this is just from my untrained eye. I would like some more opinions, especially from anyone that has been watching closer.

Thanks.

themunn

Reaction score
the biggest change has been the full integration of the read-option - Wilson runs it fantastically which is creating split-second pauses in the defenses we're playing giving lynch more holes to hit, the receivers more space to get open to... or when he decides to keep the ball, Wilson lots of space to run into.

Even though Wilson didn't rush on any read-option plays last night (that I can think of), because the SF were wary of Wilson keeping the ball there were a number of times the DE paused just long enough to limit his effectiveness against Lynch.

We've also cut out penalties BIG time, those were drive killers in the past.

Finally, our receivers are catching balls that earlier this season they'd have dropped, the McCoy TD and both Baldwin TDs would probably have been dropped in the road games against Arizona and SF

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Honestly, our offense really took off in the Pats game.... We saw what Wilson could do. The 9ers shut down the early budding stages of that, and an above average running game and Wilson is what we had. The Vikings game was a nice balance, but neither were really "elite". The Miami game, the run got shut down and the pass blossomed. Then, with the read option, the run became elite, and the pass game was already seemingly elite, and we became pretty hard to beat.

lol

Twisted

Reaction score
themunn":186x93ai said:
t

Even though Wilson didn't rush on any read-option plays last night (that I can think of),

I think his read on his rushing scenarios were to put SFs linemen on the treadmill, absolutely hilarious watching those guys pick themselves up off the floor huffing and puffing, play after play

who saw that coming? "ok heres the game plan, were going to snap the ball, have Russel run figure 8s in the back field, then once the defense is drained we''ll send in some plays...

it was beautiful, watching the defenders scramble around like chickens with their heads cut off was a hoot too!

now thats a complete tool box and using your roster to the fullest, SFs front 4 ran more in that game than they did every game prior to that combined, it was beautiful!