Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: The Breno Giacomini appreciation thread
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:36 pm 
* 17Power Blogger *

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/time-to-gi ... ine-credit

Quote:
Breno Giacomini still can’t catch a break from some fans. I don’t have access to statistics that will back this up, but the eye test says there haven’t been many better right tackles in the league in the second half of the season. The first half was frustrating – he had far too many penalties and the offense suffered as a consequence. Now he’s playing at an elite level for a right tackle. There, I said it.

This is how I’ll back that statement up…

Jared Allen, Cameron Wake, Julius Peppers, Mario Williams, Aldon Smith.

Five of the NFL’s best pass rushers. Five players who had absolutely no impact rushing the edge against the Seahawks. Some of that’s down to Russell Okung. Some of that’s down to Russell Wilson’s quick thinking and elusiveness. Some of it’s down to the brilliant play of Breno Giacomini.

Totally agree with Rob here. It's funny how we fans will mercilessly knock a player or unit for struggling, but if/when that player or unit improves, it usually goes unnoticed. This entire offensive line has been fairly penalty-free for weeks now.

So here's to you, Breno. Thanks for allowing us to focus our biggest efforts elsewhere.

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power

Post subject: Re: The Breno Giacomini appreciation thread
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:38 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *

Love Breno. He's a bad ass, mean S.O.B. and I'm glad he's on our team and not one of our opponents. Seems like a great teammate too.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:39 pm 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]

Breno is one of my new favorite players. He's learning from his past mistakes and he plays with a mean streak just like some other guy that used to play LG for us during the Super Bowl season.

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII

Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:49 pm 
NET Veteran

I like the way Breno follows the pile and plays through to the whistle (even after sometimes). I like his intensity and thuggery. He is true gangsta.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:51 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *

Aros wrote:
Breno is one of my new favorite players. He's learning from his past mistakes and he plays with a mean streak just like some other guy that used to play LG for us during the Super Bowl season.

He who's name shall never be typed here again.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:36 pm 
NET Veteran

Offensive lineman are always under appreciated or thrown under the bus. I was a Breno apologist to my family and coworkers earlier this year cause I loved his style and attitude and knew he would eventually work out the mistakes (hopeful at least). I'm glad he has been quiet the past few weeks, that means he's been on point!

Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:40 pm 
USMC 1970-77

If you look at that list, most of those guys started the game over Okung, and they were moved to get more pressure, and Breno pretty much said, "Not gonna happen."

Although we might be a bit thin, depth-wise, our starting tackles ain't so bad right now.

:)

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:46 pm 
NET Veteran

After last night's 49er butt whopping, we should probably add Sweezy into this equation, as he seems to take no crap from anyone, and will smack your butt if you try to tell him different.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:51 pm 
USMC 1970-77

IIRC, some of Breno's penalties occurred when opposing players were not clearing the pile very quickly, and Jock looked like he was actually defending Marshawn, Turb, or one of out other skill guys who had the ball and couldn't get up because the opponnents were sitting on them.

I like his loyalty to his teammates. I think if some of our current linemen had seen the Hass throat crush incident, at least one of them would have been ejected, but they would have hurt the D-lineman. And Breno would have led the charge.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:21 pm 
NET Rookie

Breno brings the nasty every game. Unsung hero of the line during this run, and deserves respect.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:25 pm 
NET Veteran

My folks said they were going to buy me a new Seahawks jersey for Christmas, and asked me which one to get. I was legitimately going to get Giacomini before settling on the more boring choice of Marshawn. If I lived in Washington I'd totally own a Giacomini jersey right now; transplanted across the country in Indiana, nobody would even know who he is and would probably think it was just me wearing a custom jersey of my own name, so I went for one of the players people would recognize.

But needless to say, I'm a fan of Breno's.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:36 pm 
NET Veteran

Yes I endorse all that has been said but man does he have a small head and funny helmet

Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:06 pm 
NET Veteran

Been a fan since day one. His head still looks funny in a helmet though!

Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:03 pm 
* Just Chillin' *

I think a lot were quick to draw on Breno. He's made some outstanding plays as well as some bone headed ones. But I have always felt like he had more of an upside and we should let him develop and see where it goes. I think he's pretty darn close to owning that position long term. While everyone around him has been in and out, he's been there every game ready to ball. Muy Breno!

Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:16 pm 
NET Practice Squad

Breno is a stud.... This cat is Adam Carolla's twin!!!!

Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:17 pm 
NET Starter

MidwestHawker wrote:
My folks said they were going to buy me a new Seahawks jersey for Christmas, and asked me which one to get. I was legitimately going to get Giacomini before settling on the more boring choice of Marshawn. If I lived in Washington I'd totally own a Giacomini jersey right now; transplanted across the country in Indiana, nobody would even know who he is and would probably think it was just me wearing a custom jersey of my own name, so I went for one of the players people would recognize.

i woulda gone with sherman earl wilson or even tate.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:31 pm 
NET Veteran

AnchoviesofTerror wrote:
MidwestHawker wrote:

i woulda gone with sherman earl wilson or even tate.

I thought about Tate, but being in Indiana I didn't want to be mistaken for a Notre Dame fan. I generally shoot for bigger players since I'm a big dude myself (was a lineman in high school), so usually like to go OL/DL/LB/TE...for that reason I didn't want Wilson even though he might be my favorite. Marshawn sort of fit the bill due to being the big bruiser in spite of the fact that he actually isn't that big, so it's where I went.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:09 pm 
* NET Bad Ass *

I've been a supporter of Breno throughout the bad times. The mean streak is kind of awesome!
I met his mom and aunt in Miami and they were the nicest ladies.

i had to help His mom get his attention before the game.
He was in "the zone" and really didn't want to even wave.
It was pretty funny.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]