Has Trufant been holding us back this entire time?

Axx

Reaction score
It feels like ever since Trufant got injured, were suddenly not getting gassed on 3rd and long -_-"

I think Maxwell and Lane are two very solid nickel players, Thurmond gets hurt to often for me to trust him

nsport

Reaction score
I think we needed Trufant for the preseason and first 3rd of the season to help increase the growth of the young guys. Trufant knows he's done... the young talent is just too good.

otter

Reaction score
I love our defenses "Next Man Up" philosophy. It doesn't matter who is playing back there, they get the job done, every time, with no noticable dropoff betweenthe #1 and the #5.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
otter":234wn1ev said:
I love our defenses "Next Man Up" philosophy. It doesn't matter who is playing back there, they get the job done, every time, with no noticable dropoff betweenthe #1 and the #5.

I think talent also has a role in there somewhere. It's not like a team would go to 10 men on the field if a starter went down. Moreso than 'next man up,' which every team in the league subscribes to, I think it has more to do with the 'always compete' mantra during practice. Our depth is not just taking mental reps during games. I scoffed at such things as 'Competition Tuesday' initially, but there actually might be something to it.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
otter":206eiorl said:

Exactly. It's the difference between a team having, say, their best D lineman out or stepping up and getting it done. Gotta love our depth.