A disturbing trend...

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Points per game is trending down over the last 3 game. We have scored 58, 50, 42 the last three consecutive weeks. If this continues, we will only score 4 points in the Superbowl and asking our defense to hold the Broncos/Patriots/Texans to less than 4 points is asking a lot.

Discuss. :mrgreen:

MrCarey

Reaction score
I'm still pissed that we got beat by the Dolphins. Shoulda put up 60 on them.

Galen96

Reaction score
imagine if they didn't play the first half of the season to "preserve" their 7 point leads by playing it safe... This offense would have destroyed the first half of the schedule.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
JesterHawk":15vnf0g6 said:
Points per game is trending down over the last 3 game. We have scored 58, 50, 42 the last three consecutive weeks. If this continues, we will only score 4 points in the Superbowl and asking our defense to hold the Broncos/Patriots/Texans to less than 4 points is asking a lot.

Discuss. :mrgreen:
Actually at the current rate of scoring decline we'll score two (2) points in the big game. So we go ahead and pitch the first shutout in Super Bowl history, 2-zip. Entirely possible.

But what i think is really going to happen is we'll level out at around 40 or so ppg. Sounds about right. :th2thumbs:

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
Vikings beat pack, ap rushes for 291.. in an amazing game....
Arizona defense wins the day... hawks have a sqeaker in a 48 to 10 against the rams

seedhawk

Reaction score
We break the trend, and hang 66 on the rams. Go down in history with the highest points for in a 4 game stretch.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
hawks4thewin":c5jjogii said:
Vikings beat pack, ap rushes for 291.. in an amazing game....
Arizona defense wins the day... hawks have a sqeaker in a 48 to 10 against the rams

Haha! Go Cards, for sure. That said, I've got a sneaky suspicion the Rams will give us our toughest home contest of the season. Fisher, I feel, is the best game planner in the division. Especially against NFCW opponents. He doesn't have the complacency or arrogance of assuming he's unstoppable, like Harbaugh. He fully appreciates what the oppononent can and can't do and goes after it with the skillsets he has at his disposal....and he's better and more creative at it than just about anyone in the league.

Hate to borrow from Harbaugh, but 'bouncing back' after a big win is sometimes harder than doing the same after a loss.

I like how at least the players interviewed weren't really bragging after the win, so that's a good sign. Also, in a twisted sort of way, that shooting at the club cut their celebrating and self appreciation short with a sobering 'pop,' and probably gave them some perspective. Back to family, job and other more important things in life.