This team or 05' team?

• 05' team

Votes: 21 22.3%
  • 12' team

Votes: 73 77.7%

• Total voters

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
who would win? The team right now or the seahawks team on dec 24, 2005? I think it would be close, but I think this team would pull it out with Russell.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I would have to take this team BUT I would love to watch the Hall of Fame left side from 05 battle this D.

Pstark3

Reaction score
We scored 42 on a niner defense. our 05 defense was good but not strong enough to stop this offense, especially how its rolling now. It would probably be a high scoring game

Erebus

Reaction score
I wonder which team Marcus Trufant and Leroy Hill would choose. Our defense now is clearly better, but they were much bigger parts of our defense back then.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Man... some people's memories are short...

The '05 team does not lose against the Phins, Lions, Cards or Rams.

OP
OP
therealjohncarlson

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
sammyc521":1lffsj2w said:

Review the last 3 games and tell me we are the same team we were when we lost to said teams

Galen96

Reaction score
The 05 team was packed full of veterans that learned how to win the previous couple years. This team is young and improving every week. I take 2012 in a head to head. Easily.

This defense shuts down teams. 2005 just outscored teams.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Why a neutral field? While we're dreaming let's put this sucker at Qwest/CLink! :)

I'm going with the '05 squad. Today's guys are all passion and power, but the '05 bunch were more like seasoned pros who just picked you apart. They had that ability to win the coin toss, get the ball, march 80 yards in 14 plays and BOOM you're down a TD with eight minutes gone in the first quarter. I think they handle these guys in a tough fight.

That game last night was something, though... It's getting harder and harder to doubt 'em.

Starrman44

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":1qpjfuq3 said:
Why a neutral field? While we're dreaming let's put this sucker at Qwest/CLink! :)

I'm going with the '05 squad. Today's guys are all passion and power, but the '05 bunch were more like seasoned pros who just picked you apart. They had that ability to win the coin toss, get the ball, march 80 yards in 14 plays and BOOM you're down a TD with eight minutes gone in the first quarter. I think they handle these guys in a tough fight.

That game last night was something, though... It's getting harder and harder to doubt 'em.

0-0 tie 500 delay of games and false starts!! 12th man wins...

HawkWow

Reaction score
sammyc521":c2cko117 said:

Two very different teams.....no, not referring to the 05 and 12 teams, I'm referring to the 1st and 2nd half 12 team(s). That 05 team with their epic line was the best team in football. Clearly. I feel the same about this 2nd half Hawk team. This team don't lose to the teams you reference above, other than perhaps the let down game in Miami. That, IMO, was a fluke. A good fluke. It was clearly a wake up call. No telling who would win 05 vs. 12. In fact, I voted 12, but now change my mind. The 12 team can be a bit weak up the gut and I think 05 would control the clock on the ground with Hass doing enough to play keep-away. OTOH, I will likely change my pick about a 1000 more times. I am grateful to have enjoyed them both.

Reaction score
I'm enjoying the '12 team with MUCH MORE to follow......
but
my vote is for/still our only SB team !!

take this poll in 4 weeks after we win the 2012 NFC Championship, and I might vote differently......

Until then,
2005 team RULES Seahawk lore......................... :th2thumbs:

ensett

Reaction score
That would be a tough one. I think it would be hard for this team to stop 05's offense. They weren't flashy but they were as smooth and as efficient as you can get. 05 team also lead the league in sacks with 50 compared to this years 36.

Starrman44

Reaction score
ensett":31qq4ni4 said:
That would be a tough one. I think it would be hard for this team to stop 05's offense. They weren't flashy but they were as smooth and as efficient as you can get. 05 team also lead the league in sacks with 50 compared to this years 36.

We are so going to have 14 sacks next week! :thirishdrinkers:

TestMo1337

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":14g1gid8 said:
sammyc521":14g1gid8 said:

Review the last 3 games and tell me we are the same team we were when we lost to said teams
I believe the question was about the '12 vs '05 team... not the week 14-16 version of the '12 team vs.

madbohem

Reaction score
Hasselbeck wouldnt survive the first quarter.

Alexander could still run though, better then anyone now in the league behind Walter... but the 05 defense would be way outmatched trying to sack Wilson. Sadly Alexander wouldn't be much of a factor as 05 Hawks had to throw to try to catch up. Sherman would be less of a factor I think since Twitter was still a year away and it would be much harder to make a "You Mad Bro" viral statement leading up to the game.

HawkWow

Reaction score
glowingeyedseahawk":3m01o1q6 said:
I'm enjoying the '12 team with MUCH MORE to follow......
but
my vote is for/still our only SB team !!

take this poll in 4 weeks after we win the 2012 NFC Championship, and I might vote differently......

Until then,
2005 team RULES Seahawk lore......................... :th2thumbs:

Excellent point. That 05 team was about as good as they were going to get...especially with the certain loss of Hutch. That created the domino effect. This 12 team is all upside with nobody going anywhere anytime soon. ;)

OP
OP
therealjohncarlson

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
sammyc521":27nx5c9w said:
therealjohncarlson":27nx5c9w said:
sammyc521":27nx5c9w said:

I believe the question was about the '12 vs '05 team... not the week 14-16 version of the '12 team vs.

Well since a team ranging from across a whole season wouldn't make sense for this question, my question assumed the two teams were using their Dec 24 teams,which I actually made clear in my OP.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
This defense doesn't get to the opposing quarterbacks nearly as well as the '05's did, as good as this defense is. They'd be opportunistic, and probably pick Hasselbeck a couple of times, but that would be mitigated by some long scoring drives by the '05 team. It'd be a tough call, but I think at this point, the '05 team ekes out a win in OT. After the Rams game next week, I think the '12 team might just take it in OT.

Latest posts