Frank Gore and the Six Carries.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Frank Gore and the Six Carries.
Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:25 am
  • After several weeks now of seeing the run defense slip, this was a spectacular turn around against a guy who has been a real thorn in the side. Of all the great things that happened last night, that was most satisfying thing, IMO. Even better than watching Harbaugh stew all night...

Going in, that was the guy I was really worried about; by the end of game, he was just a "rumor"...

DohBoy
    DohBoy
    NET Starter

Re: Frank Gore and the Six Carries.
Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:39 am
  • strangely enough he averaged more per carry than lynch. I was surprised they didn't establish a run, even though its obvious getting behind early forced them to play to a much more aggressive game plan. the most satisfying part of last night for me had to be vernon davis getting crushed by Kam. I've been telling my niners friend all about kam for about a year now, showing him all his best hits on youtube and stuff. now I think he knows what I've been talking about!
    ariel9302
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:40 am
  • Very strange game plan by the 49ers last night. Young QB, on the road in a tough environment, raining, playing a team that Gore usually eats for lunch...and they come out throwing it all over the place?

Bad idea.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:13 am
  • FlyingGreg wrote:Very strange game plan by the 49ers last night. Young QB, on the road in a tough environment, raining, playing a team that Gore usually eats for lunch...and they come out throwing it all over the place?

Bad idea.

couldnt agree more!
    FriscosFinest
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:55 am
  • Personally I loved their game plan,
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:21 pm
  • Dude's a good runner. Always been surprised at how well Gore has held up too.
    He was severely damaged goods when he came into the league.

Tore up a knee pretty badly down at Miami so they got him at a relative bargain.
    Third round, as I recall.

Still, it was satisfying to see this Hawk killer be a non-factor.
    two dog
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:22 pm
  • Well, to be fair, I do not think they planned on abandoning the run game so early. I can understand trying to attack a rookie cornerback on the first series. They quickly found themselves down 7-0, and then 14-0 and the gameplan began to permanently become pass first. After the blocked field goal they were forced to be far away from anything that they wanted to do.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:58 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information