Violently announcing our arrival as a powerhouse

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • I had heard that the refs have been told if it looks brutal flag it and they will look at the film to determine whether or not it gets fined. So the League will defend the refs and that's why you see so many flags now. It may not cost Kam a fine but the 15 yards is still there.
    " Living on Earth isn't cheap, but it does include a yearly free trip around the sun."
    v1rotv2
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• VivaEfrenHerrera wrote:
    Twisted wrote:
    VivaEfrenHerrera wrote:Kam's was not really to my personal taste,

huh? as stated it was a text book separate the ball from the receiver hit..

I didn't suggest that it was illegal or dirty or anything of the sort; just that it isn't to my taste. As in, I personally don't really dig that level of brutality. I'm not necessarily agitating to get rid of it, it's just not what I tune in hoping to see. I get that plenty of other fans see it differently and are attracted to the game for different reasons.

Honey, I'm not exactly sure what you were hoping to see at an NFL football game, but most here want to see the ball separated from the ball holder.....and that ain't easy when the ball holder has 22" biceps!!!
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• HawkAroundTheClock wrote:BEEE-UTIFUL! I assert that VD had no reason to go up in the air like that except that he knew Kam was coming. The split second when the ball is about to hit his hands, his heard turns to see Kam a step and a half away. I'm totally speculating that VD went up and brought his legs up like that to be in a defensive/protective position. If he kept his feet and snatched the ball out of the air with his hands, he may have been able to duck and dive under the hit. Maybe he still woulda got BAMMED, but he wouldn't have hung himself up like a frikkin piñata.

Apparently he has a habit of going airborne for catches. Digits fans complain about it on their forums. They don't know why he does it, and it drives them nuts.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

• Mario Manningham ... out for the rest of the season ... courtesy the Seahawks defense.
    Hate to see players injured ... always want to beat a team at their best ... but, oh well !!!
    Joe
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*

• joeseahawks wrote:Mario Manningham ... out for the rest of the season ... courtesy the Seahawks defense.
    Hate to see players injured ... always want to beat a team at their best ... but, oh well !!!

I hate that happened to him. I think they may feel it was intentional (I don't) and take out one of our guys with a shot to the knee.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Bigpumpkin wrote:Honey, I'm not exactly sure what you were hoping to see at an NFL football game, but most here want to see the ball separated from the ball holder.....and that ain't easy when the ball holder has 22" biceps!!!

"Honey"?! WTF? I don't quite get why I need to be condescended to merely because I enjoy football for reasons *other* than casual brutality. I certainly wasn't insulting anyone with any of my posts. So, as I've heard said, "What's your deal?"

Also, merry Christmas!
    Q: “What is your thing?”
    A: “Lay back, kick back, mind my business, stay in my own lane.”
    VivaEfrenHerrera
    NET Veteran

• BlueTalon wrote:
    HawkAroundTheClock wrote:BEEE-UTIFUL! I assert that VD had no reason to go up in the air like that except that he knew Kam was coming. The split second when the ball is about to hit his hands, his heard turns to see Kam a step and a half away. I'm totally speculating that VD went up and brought his legs up like that to be in a defensive/protective position. If he kept his feet and snatched the ball out of the air with his hands, he may have been able to duck and dive under the hit. Maybe he still woulda got BAMMED, but he wouldn't have hung himself up like a frikkin piñata.

Apparently he has a habit of going airborne for catches. Digits fans complain about it on their forums. They don't know why he does it, and it drives them nuts.

Interesting... I had no idea this was a tendency. If that's so, VD, the 9ers, and every other team is going to have to make great efforts to NOT set themselves up for hits like that when facing the Seahawks. Opponents' fear is preceding our path through the playoffs.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

• SlimHawk80 wrote:I cant believe how many flags came out on this hit. Silly stripes at it again. Love the look on VD's face

VD was asleep before he hit the ground.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• HawkAroundTheClock wrote:
    BlueTalon wrote:
    HawkAroundTheClock wrote:BEEE-UTIFUL! I assert that VD had no reason to go up in the air like that except that he knew Kam was coming. The split second when the ball is about to hit his hands, his heard turns to see Kam a step and a half away. I'm totally speculating that VD went up and brought his legs up like that to be in a defensive/protective position. If he kept his feet and snatched the ball out of the air with his hands, he may have been able to duck and dive under the hit. Maybe he still woulda got BAMMED, but he wouldn't have hung himself up like a frikkin piñata.

Interesting... I had no idea this was a tendency. If that's so, VD, the 9ers, and every other team is going to have to make great efforts to NOT set themselves up for hits like that when facing the Seahawks. Opponents' fear is preceding our path through the playoffs.

I know why he does it. He doesn't trust his hands, so he elevates to body catch.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:28 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information