Yes, I am another one of those. Long time lurker, just registered. To my credit though, I became a fan of football in general and the Seahawks in particular in the miserable 2008 season
within a year I could name all 53 players on the roster!
What a win yesterday!
I thought as a way to introduce myself, I would go through the Seahawks games I have been to at the Seahawks stadium.
1. Preseason: vs. Raiders (23-16) – all I remember is Seneca Wallace. But I was hooked!
2. Vs. Jaguars (41-0) – Mea Culpa. I actually thought Jim Mora was going to take us places. My bad.
3. Vs. Lions (32-20) – We started down 17-0, didn't have a first down forever, and then won the game. Stafford had like 5 INTs in that game.
1. Vs. 49ers (31-6) – Matt Hasselbeck’s first pass of the day was intercepted. We still dominated 49ers. This was the game where my undying hatred of the 49ers started.
2. Vs. Cardinals (22-10) – First game with my 6 year (at that time) son. Downpour, Max Hall (was that his name?)—Loved it!
3. Vs. Giants (7-41) – Another My bad. I really wanted Charlie to be our long term starter. Instead, I was thinking of starting a chant for Zac Robinson by the fourth quarter.
4. Playoff: vs. Saints (41-36) – The most surreal sports experience of my life. From Walter Jones raising the 12th man flag to BeastQuake. No words necessary.
1. Preseason: vs. Raiders (20-3) – Went because someone had free tickets and because I wanted to see Tarvaris Jackson.
2. Vs. Cardinals (13-10) – don’t remember much from this game actually. Kevin Kolb threw the INT to Kam at the end.
3. Vs. Ravens (22-17) – Fun game. The last 6 min drive was as good a finish as I have ever seen. Ray Lewis’ ankles still hurt!
4. Vs. Eagles (31-14) – Hawthorne’s pick-6 was fun, mostly because how slow he ran
Fun game. Also the one where Golden Tate almost missed the first snap because he was busy watching the 12th man flag from the sidelines.
5. Vs. 49ers (17-19) – The best game I have ever seen in person. Tension was palpable. That memorable fourth down toss out of bounds was when I decided I wanted a new QB.
1. Vs. Patriots (24-23) – Went to the game with a Brady fan. What a game! This was the game where my man-crush started with DangeRuss.
2. Vs. Vikings (30-20) – AP ran for 77 yards (on the second play of the game), but the result was never really in doubt. AP and Fitz and Brees – the only non-Seahawks players I could respect.
3. Vs. Cardinals (58-0) – Went with my (now 8 years old) son. What fun! I asked him if he wanted to leave in the fourth quarter and he said “Nopes, we are staying till the end”. I am raising him right!
Basically the conclusion is that 1. When I am in attendance, and 2. When Seahawks’ starting
QB is playing, Seahawks don’t lose the game! Of the 15 games I have been to, the only two losses I were at were the ones started by Charlie someone and Tarvaris Jackson (who never started another game for Seahawks at home again).
Red17Hawk—the Red refers to Redmond and the 17 refers to a certain playcall that resulted in a little 67 yards run.