Frank Gore and the Six Carries.

DohBoy

Reaction score
After several weeks now of seeing the run defense slip, this was a spectacular turn around against a guy who has been a real thorn in the side. Of all the great things that happened last night, that was most satisfying thing, IMO. Even better than watching Harbaugh stew all night...

Going in, that was the guy I was really worried about; by the end of game, he was just a "rumor"...

DohBoy

ariel9302

Reaction score
strangely enough he averaged more per carry than lynch. I was surprised they didn't establish a run, even though its obvious getting behind early forced them to play to a much more aggressive game plan. the most satisfying part of last night for me had to be vernon davis getting crushed by Kam. I've been telling my niners friend all about kam for about a year now, showing him all his best hits on youtube and stuff. now I think he knows what I've been talking about!

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Very strange game plan by the 49ers last night. Young QB, on the road in a tough environment, raining, playing a team that Gore usually eats for lunch...and they come out throwing it all over the place?

Bad idea.

FriscosFinest

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2ijr9ada said:
Very strange game plan by the 49ers last night. Young QB, on the road in a tough environment, raining, playing a team that Gore usually eats for lunch...and they come out throwing it all over the place?

Bad idea.

couldnt agree more!

two dog

Reaction score
Dude's a good runner. Always been surprised at how well Gore has held up too.
He was severely damaged goods when he came into the league.

Tore up a knee pretty badly down at Miami so they got him at a relative bargain.
Third round, as I recall.

Still, it was satisfying to see this Hawk killer be a non-factor.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Well, to be fair, I do not think they planned on abandoning the run game so early. I can understand trying to attack a rookie cornerback on the first series. They quickly found themselves down 7-0, and then 14-0 and the gameplan began to permanently become pass first. After the blocked field goal they were forced to be far away from anything that they wanted to do.