Congrats from St Louis!

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Congrats from St Louis!
Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:52 am
  • Congrats to you all on the big victory last night over the Whiners. I thoroughly enjoyed the pounding you gave them, and the look on Harbaugh's face in the 4th quarter was priceless. Looking forward to this week and good luck (although I doubt you will need it against the Rams, we are on the way up but we arent playoff caliber yet)
    candyman4881
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 94
    Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:22 pm


Re: Congrats from St Louis!
Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:57 am
  • Woo Hoo Rams fans!
    Image

    Win Forever!
    User avatar
    JonRud
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1179
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 7:58 pm
    Location: New Jersey - Site of Super Bowl XLVIII


Re: Congrats from St Louis!
Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:58 am
  • The Rams have far exceeded what I thought they would accomplish this season. Fisher has them going the right direction.
    Image
    User avatar
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *
     
    Posts: 8973
    Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:16 pm


Re: Congrats from St Louis!
Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:02 am
  • They did better against the whiners than we did!
    Russell Wilson doesn't do losing anymore -peachesenregalia, jan 5, 2013
    User avatar
    seahawksfanatic000
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 481
    Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:41 pm


Re: Congrats from St Louis!
Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:29 am
  • Not going to lie, I see the Rams being a problem in a year, maybe two. Fisher is obviously heading in the right direction, and you guys have a ton of high picks coming up. Thanks for the warm wishes, and yeah, it felt great to spank the 49ers and their douche coach last night. :D
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 24826
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Congrats from St Louis!
Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:33 am
  • Thanks! Looks like Fisher has you guys on the upswing. We're going from NFCWorst to NFCBest. :)
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 10046
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Monroe, WA


Re: Congrats from St Louis!
Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:36 am
  • candyman4881 wrote:Congrats to you all on the big victory last night over the Whiners. I thoroughly enjoyed the pounding you gave them, and the look on Harbaugh's face in the 4th quarter was priceless. Looking forward to this week and good luck (although I doubt you will need it against the Rams, we are on the way up but we arent playoff caliber yet)


    Yeah it was priceless to see Hairballs reaction following their embarrassment! Here's to a good game this Sunday!
    Image Image
    User avatar
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2072
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:18 pm
    Location: Marysville, WA


Re: Congrats from St Louis!
Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:17 am
  • Yeah, if our other NFC west compadres to the south could come through next week, we could REALLY stick it to those "entitled" a-holes!!!

    Five golden rings my @ss!
    Image
    "John Schneider is...half ninja assassin, half shark. This
    man does not screw around...So glad he is our GM."
    - PGunning101
    User avatar
    gargantual
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1117
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:17 am
    Location: Lewiston, CA (but Seattle native :)


Re: Congrats from St Louis!
Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:52 pm
  • thanks for the comments.. rams next victim... i hear lamb chops taste mighty good with honey mustard?
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3921
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Congrats from St Louis!
Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:57 pm
  • Over the next couple of years, the Rams are going to replace the Niners as our main pain.
    Bradford has his struggles, but he is developing a rapport with Kendricks, he throws stick routes with nice accuracy, and he ate up our third down D last game.
    The Rams front four is second to none. Linebackers are pretty good too. Janoris Jenkins look incredible at jumping routes, and they blitz him a lot.

    I am not taking these guys lightly. IN fact, they scare me a bit more than the Niners did.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 10834
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: Congrats from St Louis!
Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:59 pm
  • Thanks Candyman for the congrats. I am sure Fisher would love nothing less than to slow down the Seahawks bandwagon. I expect a competitive game and an inspired one from Steven Jackson, who most likely is playing his last game as a Ram. Dude gave his all. Too bad he missed a chance to enjoy the Greatest Show by a few years and once it was his full time job hard times had hit them.

    Still have that Isaac Bruce photo with his Rams helmet sitting midfield on the Seahawks logo at the CLink. Those early 2000's games against the Rams was my gauge to how good a team the Seahawks were. We both hit hard times but now the division as a whole looks to be moving into respectability. The next few years should be brutal inside the division. Take care.
    Image
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    User avatar
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *
     
    Posts: 9175
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
    Location: Covington, Washington


Re: Congrats from St Louis!
Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:00 pm
  • Rams are in good hands.

    I think what they did with the draft, by trading out of the second pick, gaining additional first round picks ... sheesh, going to help load the talent on the team. You got a QB already, who I think is pretty dang good, and Fisher is a crafty crafty coach.
    Image
    User avatar
    madbohem
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 167
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:37 am


Re: Congrats from St Louis!
Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:53 pm
  • they'd be better with rg3

    /thread
    4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
    "He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."
    User avatar
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 869
    Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
    Location: Bellingham, WA


Re: Congrats from St Louis!
Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:08 pm
  • Jazzhawk wrote:The Rams have far exceeded what I thought they would accomplish this season.


    not me, I honestly thought every team in the division was going to go gangbusters, specially the Rams and Cards, just goes to show you never know with this league and injuries are HUGE.. pay attention to off season conditioning!!

    maybe next season all 4 teams have double digit wins by December? love nothing more than to see the NFCW dismantle the rest of the league, from the NFCWorst to the NFCWoodshed... lol



    :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:
    GO HAWKS!!!
    User avatar
    Twisted
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1554
    Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:29 pm


Re: Congrats from St Louis!
Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:15 pm
  • Rams beat us fair and square once already. needed a gimmick play to do it but won, and that loss has us needing help to get the NFC west title.

    Respect, but I say revenge.
    Image
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22742
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014


Re: Congrats from St Louis!
Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:53 pm
  • I still hate that the Rams got Jenkins in round 2. He was the best corner in that draft by a mile I thought. And that was a draft that had a different corner go in the top 7 picks. On the plus side, that was the only good pick the Rams made before the late rounds despite having so many picks in the early rounds.

    And Rams fan, thank you for the classy post. But I would seriously recommend using up the "kiss the ring" line while you still can. You might only get to use that line for another six weeks.
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 10714
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


Re: Congrats from St Louis!
Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:03 pm
  • kearly wrote:I still hate that the Rams got Jenkins in round 2. He was the best corner in that draft by a mile I thought. And that was a draft that had a different corner go in the top 7 picks. On the plus side, that was the only good pick the Rams made before the late rounds despite having so many picks in the early rounds.

    And Rams fan, thank you for the classy post. But I would seriously recommend using up the "kiss the ring" line while you still can. You might only get to use that line for another six weeks.


    I definitely think the Rams found a gem in Jenkins even though he was the 3rd CB taken in the draft (Claiborne to Cowboys and Kirkpatrick to Bengals). I disagree with "only good pick before the late rounds" comment. The Rams last draft was actually pretty stellar. 1st Round Michael Brockers has been a huge difference maker in the run D. 2nd Round Brian Quick and Isaiah Pead are still projects and have not contributed that much, these are the only two questionable picks in the draft IMO. Jenkins has been solid. 3rd Round Trumain Johnson has been a very solid #3 CB for us. 4th Round Chris Givens has been a starting WR. 5th Round Rok Watkins Guard has been on IR since week 3. Round 6 was our starting Kicker in Greg Zuerlein. And 7th Round was backup LB Sammy Brown and backup RB Daryl Richardson. Not too shabby in Fisher/Snead's 1st year
    candyman4881
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 94
    Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:22 pm


Re: Congrats from St Louis!
Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:20 pm
  • candyman4881 wrote:Congrats to you all on the big victory last night over the Whiners. I thoroughly enjoyed the pounding you gave them, and the look on Harbaugh's face in the 4th quarter was priceless. Looking forward to this week and good luck (although I doubt you will need it against the Rams, we are on the way up but we arent playoff caliber yet)


    Good to see you back candyman. Seems like Ram fans are pretty uncommon nowadays but you guys are going in the right direction. I say by year 3 Jeff Fisher will have your team playing playoff caliber football, especially with all the potential draft picks.
    User avatar
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1567
    Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:54 pm


Re: Congrats from St Louis!
Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:14 pm
  • candyman4881 wrote:
    kearly wrote:I still hate that the Rams got Jenkins in round 2. He was the best corner in that draft by a mile I thought. And that was a draft that had a different corner go in the top 7 picks. On the plus side, that was the only good pick the Rams made before the late rounds despite having so many picks in the early rounds.

    And Rams fan, thank you for the classy post. But I would seriously recommend using up the "kiss the ring" line while you still can. You might only get to use that line for another six weeks.


    I definitely think the Rams found a gem in Jenkins even though he was the 3rd CB taken in the draft (Claiborne to Cowboys and Kirkpatrick to Bengals). I disagree with "only good pick before the late rounds" comment. The Rams last draft was actually pretty stellar. 1st Round Michael Brockers has been a huge difference maker in the run D. 2nd Round Brian Quick and Isaiah Pead are still projects and have not contributed that much, these are the only two questionable picks in the draft IMO. Jenkins has been solid. 3rd Round Trumain Johnson has been a very solid #3 CB for us. 4th Round Chris Givens has been a starting WR. 5th Round Rok Watkins Guard has been on IR since week 3. Round 6 was our starting Kicker in Greg Zuerlein. And 7th Round was backup LB Sammy Brown and backup RB Daryl Richardson. Not too shabby in Fisher/Snead's 1st year


    I think your good players were Brockers (he's been beasting lately), Jenkins (gets burned, but a playmaker), Givens (STEAL!), and kinda Richardson and Quick. But the guy I'm most pissed you got......

    Greg Zuerlein. That guy is freaking revolutionary, he pretty much won you the game the last time we played with those long field goals. He is such a great player, I might even trade a 2nd rounder for him, he changes the field position game drastically.
    User avatar
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5220
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Washington


Re: Congrats from St Louis!
Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:11 am
  • Yeah, Jeff Fisher is one hell of a coach. Very impressive turn around for the Rams this season for sure. Should be a hard hitting game on Sunday.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2717
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Congrats from St Louis!
Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:06 am
  • candyman4881 wrote:Congrats to you all on the big victory last night over the Whiners. I thoroughly enjoyed the pounding you gave them, and the look on Harbaugh's face in the 4th quarter was priceless. Looking forward to this week and good luck (although I doubt you will need it against the Rams, we are on the way up but we arent playoff caliber yet)


    I second this.

    Nice game Sunday. After the Rams win against Tampa, then watching you beat down SF, made for a very nice Sunday.

    I will add. I live in San Diego. I am an LA Rams fan. All my Charger fan friends kept saying to me by text or tweet or facebook.... your Rams play THEM next week!! Your going to get killed!

    So you made a damn good impression to the nation of football watchers overall. Hey, if you caught the San Diego fan's attention, that is something. They don't seem to pay much attention to anything.

    I have my opinions about this Sunday, but this is the Congrats thread. So, Congrats from a non St. Louis Rams fan!
    Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.

    "They call it Sack City because you'd rather live in a SACK."
    User avatar
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 625
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
    Location: San Diego




It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:25 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information