Resting some starters next week

arghawkfan

Reaction score
I think Rice, lynch would benefit from going into the playoffs with an extra week of rest...it looks like we'll have Browner, Thurmond back for playoffs, and although a win next week could get us a bye, I'd rather not rely on the cards and Vikings doing us any favours and go into the playoffs at almost full health.

Also, assuming Sherman isn't suspended, what would the depth chart look like in the secondary...have maxwell and lane overtaken Thurmond?

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Absolutely not. We can still get the #2 seed and failing a GB loss we can still get the Division.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
We pissed away Detroit and then Miami by playing soft. Now, I think Pete has been keeping the pedal to the metal because of that.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Pete may keep an eye on the scoreboard and if it looks like both games (particularly SF v. AZ) are not going our way then yeah, he may well start pulling guys. However, for the sake of momentum he may not.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Sure....once we are up by 30-40 points again. Otherwise, no way.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Rice is the only one I would hold out. We need him healthy if we are going to win in the playoffs and he has been gimpy for 2 weeks. Especially last night.

SeahawkGeoff

Reaction score
HawkFan72":277rkkwn said:
Rice is the only one I would hold out. We need him healthy if we are going to win in the playoffs and he has been gimpy for 2 weeks. Especially last night.

I agree Rice needs some rest.

sutz

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2m0mydru said:
Pete may keep an eye on the scoreboard and if it looks like both games (particularly SF v. AZ) are not going our way then yeah, he may well start pulling guys. However, for the sake of momentum he may not.
:13: This. Pete is smarter than the average fan. ;)

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
The Rams are playing very good football right now as they are 4-1 for their last five games. They will come here "under the radar" in hopes of getting a winning season. As bad as I would love to see us put up 50 points next Sunday, it might be best to rest those players who are hurting.