My theory on "who gets to win"

Dismas

Reaction score
I have had this thought tumbling around in my head for a while, and decided I need to let it roll on out.

The NFL appears to play favorites . . who gets the calls that let them advance? The golden boys . . Eli and the Gints, Peyton, Brees somewhat, tho he is tarnished now. The Steelers, The Patriots.

The teams with the big names are expected to win, and quite often seem to get a bit of an assist with it.

So the problem is, how do you break into the big boy club?

The answer: Russell Wilson

and here is as close a parallel as I can draw.
Once upon a time the Patriots sucked . . bad. and for a long time, even when they hired stud coaches, they sucked.

Then Tom Brady happened to the Patriots. He was magic, amazing . . he made the Patriots contenders, and contenders they have stayed. Belichik is good, but he was never great til Brady, now, everyone expects the Patriots to win.

Russell W has captured the zeitgeist . . he is taking the NFL by storm and forcing all the people who decide who the big boys are to take notice.

We are in, lads. With Russell to provide legitimacy, I beleive we wll now be allowed into that select group of teams who just *might* be allowed to win a championship.

I heart DangeRuss!

chris98251

Reaction score
Wilson helps, but I think Sherman and company have made everyone take notice, From Optomist Prime to the Boom Squad we are making noise. People may not know everyones name on defense but when the hits get media attention people want to watch guys getting laid out.

VaporHawk

Reaction score
I think that you just need to be good enough so that individual bad calls don't matter

Twisted

Reaction score
Dismas":3ubytihj said:
So the problem is, how do you break into the big boy club?
]

its called demographics, advertisers want the largest markets to hawk their wares, the reality is the east coast is much more densely populated than the west coast therefore you have a larger demographic on the east coast, more fans viewing the tele means selling more wares..

nothing will change that short of developing the west coast into the massive metropolis the east coast is..

Mariners, Sonics, Seahawks, Seattle just doesn't have the market share, you really don't think this sport is about the game do you?

its ALL about the stacks, they got mouths to feed

Stacks of money

kearly

Reaction score
I totally agree. People across the country seem to love Russell Wilson. People across the country are being blown away by what the Seahawks are doing right now. People love winners, and if Seattle ends up a dynasty team with a closet full of Lombardis, I don't see any reason why they wouldn't get the same level of national popularity that other dynasty teams have earned when it's all said and done. Especially since the Seahawks are so damn fun to watch.

The Seahawks have to actually become that dynasty first and before that they have to win a championship. That's really hard to do. But I definitely see the potential there for Seattle to shed it's redhead stepchild label very soon. The Seahawks have lost more games than they've won, they've never won a championship, and they've only been to 1 superbowl. Plus they are the NFL's most isolated franchise, have a strange mascot and unpopular uniforms. They have earned their pariah status.

But that is changing.

VHawk

Reaction score
People are loving the Seahawks right now.I always have fans from other teams get excited talking about the hawks when they see me.Overwhelmingly they all want RW ROY.This year is magical.