Why the #2 seed isn't that far fetched.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
What we need to get the #2 seed:
Beat Rams.
Vikings Beat Packers.
Cards beat SF.

Packers at Vikings. It's at Minnesota. Adrian Peterson has had a fantastic season. The Vikings need the win to get into the playoffs so it is a playoff game, at home, for the Vikes. Tehy've got to feel like AP deserves to get in and they'll be playing all out. Green Bay doesn't want to get hurt going into the playoffs.

Arizona at San Fran. San Fran is beat to hell. Davis and Manningham are going to be out. Arizona is not as bad as we made them look. Their defense can give SF headaches. After the emotions of the last two games, SF has to be drained. Arizona is a team that's frustrated and has something to prove. This could be a trap game for the Niners.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'd prefer not to get the number 2 seed at this point. The team is too hot right now to want to lose momentum with a bye.

I'd love to win our division though and get that home game.

PGunning101

Reaction score
Arizona also starting Hoyer. A big plus for AZ's chances. Not a starter but a Tarvaris-grade QB. Fitz got his first 100 yard game today in over 2 months.

Cards will put Hoyer in w/ 4 plays: Handoff RB, Fitz crossing route, Fitz post route, Fitz go route. That might actually work. I think the AZ defense could get to Kap, Peterson's been playing great ball lately.

Not a likely scenario but not impossible either. Go Cards!

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
If we get the #2 seed, it means a home playoff game. In that respect, the Seahawks are so damned dominant at home, I would not really be concerned with a let down after a bye week.

OP
OP
SalishHawkFan

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
If we get the #2 seed, it means Super Bowl. No one is going to beat us at home in the playoffs and I doubt Atlanta will win, but if they do, it's the one road game I don't fear at all.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I think the good news regarding Zona is that this year there is no Luck to suck for. They won't lose much with a win. That said, I'd open SF at -14. The concussed Vernon Davis could QB them to a win (at home) over the Tards.

Twisted

Reaction score
I like Vikes beating GB, Hawks beating the Rams, but the Cards beating the Niners?

considering how bent the Cards were for "running up the score" lol, Cards will prolly go for draft pick before they do the Hawks any favors...

mikeak

Reaction score
While I don't really doubt that the 49ers will crush AZ here is more fuel to the fire :)

If CK plays poorly he may get replaced. Many don't perform their best when they know this. They can start pressuring themselves and throw ints.

If AZ wins it is a pick six or two and no turnovers. Highly unlike but since we can't impact it Seattle just needs to gout and win their game.

If in halftime 49ers is winning big then we should see Flynn and a few other backups in second half...

HawkWow

Reaction score
Twisted":2zr4zljq said:
I like Vikes beating GB, Hawks beating the Rams, but the Cards beating the Niners?

considering how bent the Cards were for "running up the score" lol, Cards will prolly go for draft pick before they do the Hawks any favors...

True. It sucks depending on other teams. Ever since the James kick return vs NE last week, I can't get our loss against Miami out of my head. I mean seriously, I've thought about it like once an hr for the last 7 days. If we don't go to the SB, I have no doubt this could go on until the start of the 2013 season. I may see a doctor.

kearly

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2iiaxgff said:
Packers at Vikings. It's at Minnesota. Adrian Peterson has had a fantastic season. The Vikings need the win to get into the playoffs so it is a playoff game, at home, for the Vikes. Tehy've got to feel like AP deserves to get in and they'll be playing all out. Green Bay doesn't want to get hurt going into the playoffs.

Arizona at San Fran. San Fran is beat to hell. Davis and Manningham are going to be out. Arizona is not as bad as we made them look. Their defense can give SF headaches. After the emotions of the last two games, SF has to be drained. Arizona is a team that's frustrated and has something to prove. This could be a trap game for the Niners.

I think the Vikings could definitely pull it off against Green Bay. Arizona though, I think they are actually trying to lose games the way they've handled their QB situation in recent weeks. Kevin Kolb isn't a great QB, but he looks like one in comparison to Skelton or Lindley, and they refuse to play him.

Chicago had been in a free fall. They just kicked Arizona in the ass 28-13. If Arizona beat the 49ers in SF it would be one of the very biggest shockers of the season. It would be like Tennessee beating the Packers earlier today, and they lost 55-7.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":1twf5i28 said:
If we get the #2 seed, it means a home playoff game. In that respect, the Seahawks are so damned dominant at home, I would not really be concerned with a let down after a bye week.

This. :th2thumbs:

Latest posts