Rich Eisen backing DangeRuss for OROY

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
Check out Rich Eisen's tweet...

Rich Eisen ‏@richeisen
"Ahem, @CollinsworthNBC -- I'm all for @DangeRussWilson as ROY. Said so last week: if RG3 was doing this, it wouldn't even be a question."

He also gave props to Carroll for having balls so big that they drag on the turf....
"Can't say enough of how bold a move it was for @PeteCarroll to start @DangeRussWilson -- the man is crazy like a fox. "

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
The other two have had great years but neither have faced the schedule the Russ has - that should be the decding factor when picking between Russ and RGIII

taz291819

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":1f81htuj said:
The other two have had great years but neither have faced the schedule the Russ has - that should be the decding factor when picking between Russ and RGIII

I agree, but it's not gonna happen, we all know that. RGIII is going to get it.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
RGIII has had a damn good year, too. His numbers were more impressive than I thought.

hawker84

Reaction score
yup, luck lost it, RGIII has not done enough to lose it, yet? RW is very deserving, unfortunately he plays for the seahawks.

ceej22

Reaction score
It's going to be close. If Dallas and Chicago win next week knocking Washington out of the playoffs Russell gets it.

Edited to say expand: There is also the passing TD mark set by Manning. Only 1 more to tie it. Breaking that and finishing 11-5 will make a strong case. Let's root for Houston to win as well giving RW one more win than Luck. I kind of feel that no matter who wins it someone is getting robbed this year. Luck might not have the efficiency numbers and has played an easier schedule but 7 game winning drives is pretty outstanding. Morris and Martin have been outstanding as well. As a Seahawk fan I'm definitely rooting for RW all the way.

Fox0r

Reaction score
Russell should get the nob over RGIII because he's a third round pick and wasn't even expected to start.

Twisted

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":3499mi5y said:
RGIII has had a damn good year, too. His numbers were more impressive than I thought.

against lesser opponents, not taking anything away from RG but his devision isn't all that either, not horrible 3 teams around .500 but no NFC west thats for sure, especially the first half of the season.. :shock:

prolly gonna come down to who goes the deepest in the playoffs?

hard to say but either way its a judgement call and if Wilson doesn't get it that deosnt mean he didn't deserve it or didn't play well enough, they can only pick one..

SharkHawk

Reaction score
And he has started all 16 games (or will once he starts next week barring any unforeseen circumstances during the week).

taz291819

Reaction score
Fox0r":1crjh0vs said:
Russell should get the nob over RGIII because he's a third round pick and wasn't even expected to start.

That's one way to look at it. But, RGIII was the overall #2 pick, so he was expected to produce, and he has.

IMO, who cares where one is picked, just go by the numbers.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Fox0r":k9aj1ef9 said:

...but with that, RW didn't have the same pressure to win as let's say, Luck. RW would get my vote but niether he nor Griffin had the pressure Luck had. RW replaced T-Jack while Luck replaced the QB version of God. Can't recall who exactly Griffin replaced...'nuff said.

All 3 are outstanding. RW will win a SB first, that's what matters most.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
If there is a certain "underdog"ness to the ROY, Russell gets it all the way. But as others have said, Luck, RG3, and RW are all deserving. In the end, it's just an award for the trophy case. The one that really counts is the Lombardi... and at this point all 3 guys still have a shot at that one.

Rainger

Reaction score
John Clayon has said in no uncertain terms that he is voting for LUCk regardless of anything. He does not look that the Clts were over 10 wins for many years only that that for 1 yeay they were bad so he believes that Luck is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Me I think JC is a douche bag. RW was a 3rd round pick and has exceeded all expectaions and deserves ROTY

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
What we are going to see is that Luck or RGIII will win it because they've had to do more with less, unfortunately. Russ has an awesome defense and an excellent running game to benefit him.

sc85sis

Reaction score
The pundits seemingly have forgotten how bad the Seahawks offense was last year. The only real change from then to now? That would be the addition of one rookie QB named Russell Wilson.

djb28

Reaction score
Good. Let RG3 have his ROTY and let Russ have his Super Bowl Trophy in year one!

Sac

Reaction score
LMAO. Luck didn't have any pressure to win. He went to a 2-14 team. All he had to do was look good.

kearly

Reaction score
Wilson is slightly ahead of Griffin in DVOA, which factors strength of opponent. I don't think Wilson's going to win it, but there is a very strong case building for it.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
ROTY is a marketing award.
Voting for RW as ROTY would mean that John Clayton (and the whole ESPN crew: Mel Kiper, ... ) weren't smart enough to see that RW should have been drafted way way way earlier. Remember, ESPN said Seattle had a bad draft. ESPN keeps bringing up the Packer's game that we won.
These people will NEVER admit that Russell is better than Luck or RGIII.
Marketing wise, why would they want to have RW ROTY? Next year they will have 100 Redskins or Colts games on their network .... they want people to tune in to watch their ROTY.

rainger":1fp3zowp said:
John Clayon has said in no uncertain terms that he is voting for LUCk regardless of anything. He does not look that the Clts were over 10 wins for many years only that that for 1 yeay they were bad so he believes that Luck is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Me I think JC is a douche bag. RW was a 3rd round pick and has exceeded all expectaions and deserves ROTY

themunn

Reaction score
HawkWow":37dq7zfe said:
Fox0r":37dq7zfe said:

...but with that, RW didn't have the same pressure to win as let's say, Luck. RW would get my vote but niether he nor Griffin had the pressure Luck had. RW replaced T-Jack while Luck replaced the QB version of God. Can't recall who exactly Griffin replaced...'nuff said.

All 3 are outstanding. RW will win a SB first, that's what matters most.

I'd say the exact opposite - Wilson was brought in to a team with strong supporting cast that spent a lot of money bringing in a QB in the off-season.
I'd say he had more pressure to win than either RGIII or Luck.
Certainly if he'd been throwing interceptions willy-nilly like Luck it'd be unlikely he's still out starting QB