We might have problems soon...

O-LineFan

Reaction score
but it's the best type of problem to have!

Salary cap issues!

I know it's been brought up before but tonight's game showed everyone that we have superstars all over the field.

It's a much better problem to have than QB's and coaching though!

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
No, I don't think so. This team is too well managed in all aspects.

OP
OP
O-LineFan

O-LineFan

Reaction score
Sorry to crap in your cornflakes guys, by all means enjoy the win.

Just something that crossed my mind.

hawkmanj

Reaction score
Enjoy the win and the next few years. Pete and John will continue to have great drafts.

Tical21

Reaction score
If they keep drafting the way they've been drafting and coaching the players up the way they've been coaching them up, it won't matter. It isn't like the players on the current roster are going to be the only good players on this team over the next few years. We're building one of "those" franchises. If we lose a Chancellor, Browner, Wright, Clemons, Miller, Tate, etc., are you not confident they'll find another good player to replace them? If you've got your QB, your LT, and a couple playmakers on defense, you can be awfully good for a long time if you're halfway decent at finding talent.

StaffAmerica74

Reaction score
well not really the new cba does not allow rookie contracts to be renegotiated until after the 3rd season playing on it... all of our stars are 1st or 2nd year players... and marshawn is the one older guy we need.... and mrob both signed new xontracts.

OP
OP
O-LineFan

O-LineFan

Reaction score
Yeesh, sensitive subject guys?

It's not like I'm excited about this, I'm just saying it's better to have to deal with this than the millions of other things from past regimes.

It's obvious that they draft well and will consider to do so. In fact the first round might not be worth watching anymore because much of the actions happens in rounds 3-6.

It was just an observation.

Goosfraba...

chris98251

Reaction score
John has been drafting and signing guys very reasonable, we should with success be able to keep a lot of them, also as seen tonight our depth is looking pretty fricken awesome as well, were just not familiar with how good they are becasue we have guys in front of them.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
O-LineFan":188p9ysa said:
Yeesh, sensitive subject guys?

It's not like I'm excited about this, I'm just saying it's better to have to deal with this than the millions of other things from past regimes.

It's obvious that they draft well and will consider to do so. In fact the first round might not be worth watching anymore because much of the actions happens in rounds 3-6.

It was just an observation.

Goosfraba...
Hey, I don't see you as crapping in anything.... I just think you are out of touch with the reality of the Seahawks. We have no cap issue. We have plenty of money to keep our own FA's who we need to keep and go after FA's that we may need, tho personally, I see no real FA's we 'need'.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Not sure where you are getting this info from.

John Schneider has been great with the cap since arriving and we are in tip top shape capwise. I don't expect, and there has been absolutely nothing to suggest that the front office will suddenly become negligent and incapable when it comes to the cap.

mikeak

Reaction score
This front office will turn some if these guys into trades. The trades will give us more picks throughout the draft. With the new CBA if you can consistently get 3 starters out of the draft you are in great shape. That means 9 players that aren't allowed to ask for more money. Add to that extra picks and you will have success.

The value of being able to draft right and stockpile picks has increased dramatically with the new CBA. While something was needed I think incoming players got royally screwed but PC and Schneider has shown an ability to build from the draft...

Fox0r

Reaction score
Good players take pay cuts to play for good franchises. They WANT to play for these teams. Soon, free agents will be swarming here. I'm not too worried. Look at the Pats.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I think what the OP was getting at wasn't salary cap problems persay.. just that we're going to have to give quite a bit of these players raises. And he's right, but luckily.. that's still years down the road so we don't have too much to worry about right now.