Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Trent Dilfer on what makes Russell Wilson good
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:58 pm 
NET Veteran

I know everyone loves this, so here ya go

For those who don't want to watch the vid, he basically says "his height is the only problem"

We already know this, but Russell is getting a massive amount of hype around the nation. He might win ROY after all.

Post subject: Re: Trent Dilfer on what makes Russell Wilson good
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:01 pm 
* NET Moderator *

I said it last week and i'll say it again. Screw ROY. He should be in the MVP discussion.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:04 pm 
NET Veteran

I don't get how his height is a problem. Someone please explain and give examples.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:07 pm 
*The Prophet*

Exactly.
The kid has been unbelievable. Can you believe he was "run out of NC State University" by the coaching staff?
He introduced himself as a "Pack of Badgers" or something like that and the news outlet here in Raleigh, NC(Home of NC State University) are all pissed tonight. They expected him to at least mention NC State ...

JSeahawks wrote:
I said it last week and i'll say it again. Screw ROY. He should be in the MVP discussion.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:09 pm 
NET Rookie

I don't think he means it that way. I think he means the only issue people could argue is his height. I don't think Dilfer thinks his height is an issue.

Shoot he was on with Brock and Salk, and said Wilson is his favorite player to watch in the league.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:13 pm 
NET Rookie

Dilfer, I think, is jealous of Wilson. Because Wilson has everything he doesn't and all that Dilfer has is height.

He also eluded to the Niners as being tired from the NE game... which made me snort and choke a bit considering when we went down there to play, it was on 4 days rest and having to travel

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:13 pm 
NET Veteran

BAllenHawk wrote:
I don't think he means it that way. I think he means the only issue people could argue is his height. I don't think Dilfer thinks his height is an issue.

Shoot he was on with Brock and Salk, and said Wilson is his favorite player to watch in the league.

Honestly I think the height makes him better. Sure, sometimes he can't see over lineman, but that height is what makes him elusive. I can't tell you how many times I laughed at Ahmad Brooks trying to tackle Wilson, he fell down twice, and on the second time he just gave up. He might not be able to see when you shove a DT in his face, but at least he can escape it, unlike someone like Joe Flacco who can see but can't elude because he's like a giraffe in the pocket.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:14 pm 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*

Isn't the pack part a reference to NC State? I thought it was a clever way to mention both schools.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:29 pm 
NET Veteran

I think for him he has shown that his 70 inches is a non issue.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:34 pm 
* NET Alumni *

madbohem wrote:
Dilfer, I think, is jealous of Wilson. Because Wilson has everything he doesn't and all that Dilfer has is height.

He also eluded to the Niners as being tired from the NE game... which made me snort and choke a bit considering when we went down there to play, it was on 4 days rest and having to travel

Couldn't agree more. Dilfer was a first rounder because of his size and in spite of his poor work ethic and hard partying ways in college. Don't get me wrong, he was a great college QB, but he had a lot of question marks on him coming out of college because he was kind of a goof (which he admits). I think he probably feels that if he had been blessed with some of the talents Russ has and along with his own size and arm strength that he could have been every bit the QB Peyton Manning was, and I think he's probably right. But he wasn't.... I love Trent and I love how he's overcome a lot of adversity, but he didn't make the most of his career for sure and that's too bad. Nice to see him being positive about our young QB.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:47 pm 
NET Veteran

Dilfer won a Superbowl, but he became a much better QB after being with Zorn. Pretty much wasted most of his career being inconsistent.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]