Sherman just said he is very optimistic about his appeal...

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • on National tv.I thought his defense was very flimsy, but for him to make that comment is a statement in itself. I hop we have him for playoffs!
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

• What else is he going to say?

:229031_shrug:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• We don't know what his defense is. Reports are that the initial "somebody else's water bottle defense" were false reporting. Is that the 'defense' you think is flimsy? A defense that Sherman apparently didn't proffer?
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

• He just said that they broke the rules. I really hope he wins. If so, we could go in to the playoffs with Sherman, Browner, and Thurmond. That would be a killer backfield when you add in Kam and ET :)
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• sutz wrote:What else is he going to say?:229031_shrug:

Um..I can't comment on that? Or we will see what happens? He said I am very optimistic that it will be overturned. Not quite the "i'm leaning on the mercy of the board,type of statement.

GeekHawk wrote:We don't know what his defense is. Reports are that the initial "somebody else's water bottle defense" were false reporting. Is that the 'defense' you think is flimsy? A defense that Sherman apparently didn't proffer?

lol, who took the jam out of your doughnut?

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/12/23/3798460/seahawks-richard-sherman-suspended-drug-test-appeal
    this defense.
    Last edited by NJSeaHawk on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

• sutz wrote:What else is he going to say?

No. It was beyond any loud-mouth rhetoric. He said "THEY BROKE THE RULES" and that is a confident statement. I wasn't there, I'm not defending his innocence. But what he said was way outside your standard Nuke LaLoosh soundbite.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

• Better if he didn't comment. The court will be pissed at his boldness and figure out a way to collect their pound of flesh.
    OlympicDreams
    NET Rookie

• HawkAroundTheClock wrote:
    sutz wrote:What else is he going to say?

No. It was beyond any loud-mouth rhetoric. He said "THEY BROKE THE RULES" and that is a confident statement. I wasn't there, I'm not defending his innocence. But what he said was way outside your standard Nuke LaLoosh soundbite.

thank you. I knew I couldn't be the only one.
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

• I think that even if they uphold the appeal I think there will be an injunction of some sort that keeps him playing until that battle is finished. similar to what we saw in Minnesota. Seriously when we get Browner and Thurmond back, this team is scary. We are playing lights out and you know what? The rest of the nation knows this now. Everyone is scared
    ***In Carroll We Trust***
    kthebestwayw
    NET Veteran

• NJSeaHawk wrote:on National tv.I thought his defense was very flimsy, but for him to make that comment is a statement in itself. I hop we have him for playoffs!

Breaking the chain of custody on a UA isn't flimsy, AT ALL, Sugartits.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• The thing that worries me the most is that regardless of the arguments the league doesn't really care. Has any case involving banned substances ruled in favor of the defendant?
    rastahawk
    * Just Chillin' *

• rastahawk wrote:The thing that worries me the most is that regardless of the arguments the league doesn't really care. Has any case involving banned substances ruled in favor of the defendant?

Venus and Serena Williams pushed out a suspension in Minny, no? I think so.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• OlympicDreams wrote:Better if he didn't comment. The court will be pissed at his boldness and figure out a way to collect their pound of flesh.

It wasn't a 'court', it was the NFL.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• pehawk wrote:
    NJSeaHawk wrote:on National tv.I thought his defense was very flimsy, but for him to make that comment is a statement in itself. I hop we have him for playoffs!

Ahh its you...I was at Carlow East waiting for you. Guess you are still an internet thug!
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

• what about the williams boys from minny
    God Bless America and God Bless the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - TEZ

Mike Bullene ‏@12thManM1ke 45m
    @TDESPN Though, you did say the other night you cannot win the SB riding a defense. Even though you are literally the poster child for that. --twittered back at dilfer after he tried to slam hawks fans.
    hawkcrazzed
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• NJSeaHawk wrote:
    pehawk wrote:
    NJSeaHawk wrote:on National tv.I thought his defense was very flimsy, but for him to make that comment is a statement in itself. I hop we have him for playoffs!

Ahh its you...I was at Carlow East waiting for you. Guess you are still an internet thug!

Not a thug at all. But very, very real. I dont visit Jersey much though, sorry.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• Ahh its you...I was at Carlow East waiting for you. Guess you are still an internet thug![/quote]

Not a thug at all. But very, very real. I dont visit Jersey much though, sorry.[/quote]

thats why I was at NYC. I made it easier for you. You know, it being a major travel hub and whatnot.

And his defense. A cup breaking so they put it in another cup? Sounds airtight to me. :roll:
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

• He's going to win the appeal. It sounds like he had a legit argument. The NFLPA will be all over it if he loses.
    I'm In!

What attracted you to the Seahawks?
    “It’s a combination of what I believe the coaches are doing here, the atmosphere and what I think we’re going to do here in the future. I think we’re going to win and win a lot and be a championship team.” – Zac Miller, August 4, 2011
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

• I hate to rain on this parade, but I am actually less confident after his post game comments. Much he said, has been left out of this thread. Unless I am mistaken, when asked if he thought he'd win the appeal, he said something along the lines of (I para-phrase) " They can break the rules but the players can't"? That didn't sit well with me and I think he was preparing his next defense...to us and team. That defense will be that by enforcing the suspension, the NFL is breaking rules and he is a victim.

His cavalier, anti-establishment type commentary reminded me more of a guy that knew he was about to be suspended. I say this because had he and his attorneys worked a deal, that would release him from penalty, I think he would have been a bit more reserved and likely just said; I believe in the system and I believe due process will show this was all a mistake.

If the decision makers were on the fence with this, he did himself no favors with that interview. His would be a huge loss and if I prayed, I'd pray to be wrong on this. Sherm is a frikin machine and we need him badly.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• on the contrary he is loud enough and a bigger figure in the league. i would be huge if the league got away with it as he has many forums to talk about it.
    God Bless America and God Bless the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - TEZ

Mike Bullene ‏@12thManM1ke 45m
    @TDESPN Though, you did say the other night you cannot win the SB riding a defense. Even though you are literally the poster child for that. --twittered back at dilfer after he tried to slam hawks fans.
    hawkcrazzed
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• NJSeaHawk wrote:Ahh its you...I was at Carlow East waiting for you. Guess you are still an internet thug!

thats why I was at NYC. I made it easier for you. You know, it being a major travel hub and whatnot.

And his defense. A cup breaking so they put it in another cup? Sounds airtight to me. :roll:

I'm the internet thug - because you keep challenging me to fly somewhere to meet you? That makes me the internet tough guy? I'm an internet douchebag, nothing more or less. But, you keep challenging people to fly 3,000 miles to confront you, gumdrop.

Doesn't matter what YOU think. If that's what occured, that's a major "no-no".
    Last edited by pehawk on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• What else would he say? Richard is always confident, which I love.

I am skeptical that he is going with the same arguement Browner made before taking the suspension that "they tampered with the sample."
    hawkmanj
    NET Starter

• Stay on topic, bros. We just won a huge game and the thread is about what Sherman said. He could have demurred and said something generic like "the process will play out." When he said "THEY BROKE THE RULES" I took notice. I've never heard a player in appeal say something like tht before the judgement. Again, I'm not making a claim, simply stating what I heard and how I felt about it.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

• NJSeaHawk wrote:

I love how everyone with literally no knowledge of the situation or how the appeal went act like they know how what happened and how the appeal will go...
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

• pehawk wrote:
    NJSeaHawk wrote:Ahh its you...I was at Carlow East waiting for you. Guess you are still an internet thug!

And his defense. A cup breaking so they put it in another cup? Sounds airtight to me. :roll:[/quote]

I'm the internet thug - because you keep challenging me to fly somewhere to meet you? That makes me the internet tough guy? I'm an internet douchebag, nothing more or less. But, you keep challenging people to fly 3,000 miles to confront you, gumdrop.

Doesn't matter what YOU think. If that's what occured, that's a major "no-no".[/quote]

I dont know where you are at. But you insulted me like the internet warrior you are, so I told you where you could find me so you could do it face to face.
    And it doesnt matter what I think? Thanks for the update, genius. This is a board as a fan where I can say what I want.
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

• I insult everyone, but mainly myself so quit whining, Maria.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• Sherman should lay off of it....what's he? 3 INTs and 2 pick 6's without it?
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• pehawk wrote:I insult everyone, but mainly myself so quit whining, Maria.

thats what I thought.

Again.
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

• Again, please read the thread title. Personal issues should be handled with PMs.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

• I cant believe Pehawk's too much of a puss to fly out to New Jersey. Someone take away his man card.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• sutz wrote:What else is he going to say?

BINGO!

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but what the hell is he supposed to say?
    "We walked our (pedestrian) ass to the Super Bowl"
    Angry Doug
    "We're looking for grit"
    Pete Carroll
    "We got grit. That's it."
    Earl Thomas.
    Rocket
    NET Veteran

• JSeahawks wrote:I cant believe Pehawk's too much of a puss to fly out to New Jersey. Someone take away his man card.

No, I made it easier for him! I told him I was going to be in NYC tonight. that way, at least make a trip out of it!
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

• HawkAroundTheClock wrote:Stay on topic, bros. We just won a huge game and the thread is about what Sherman said. He could have demurred and said something generic like "the process will play out." When he said "THEY BROKE THE RULES" I took notice. I've never heard a player in appeal say something like tht before the judgement. Again, I'm not making a claim, simply stating what I heard and how I felt about it.

You didn't take notice that he said "The league can break rules but players can't"? He, IMO, wasn't demure because he (now) likely has nothing (more) to lose.

Again, I hope I am wrong and if he wins, like yourself, I will admire his brashness. But not until. Based on what I took away from that interview, if I were Vegas, I'd make the odds 3-1 that he gets the ax. Don't want to piss is anyone's cheerios, especially mine, but I don't want anyone that didn't actually see the interview getting their hopes up, either.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• aside from the personal attacks on me and how dare I post what my opinion is because Im not a lawyer...

the main point of this thread was Sherman's bravado when asked a question. All I was saying is he sounds very optimistic about his appeal. Sure he loves the spotlight and is braggadocious, but to say they broke the rules is saying he isn't worried.

Thats all. Hugs and Kisses to all.
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

• Rocket wrote:
    sutz wrote:What else is he going to say?

BINGO!

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but what the hell is he supposed to say?

Personally I think he should of said nothing. I think he hurt himself with the comments.
    BAllenHawk
    NET Rookie

• Shut up J.

What the hell are you to rubes fighting about after we just ran up 42 on the friggin Niners and physically dominated them right before Christmas. Wilson has put the fear of God in the rest of the league for the playoffs and you two pick an internal pretend squabble?!

NJ get your ass to the CLink and Pe buys a beer or two.

Shaddup already!
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

• HawkWow wrote:
    HawkAroundTheClock wrote:Stay on topic, bros. We just won a huge game and the thread is about what Sherman said. He could have demurred and said something generic like "the process will play out." When he said "THEY BROKE THE RULES" I took notice. I've never heard a player in appeal say something like tht before the judgement. Again, I'm not making a claim, simply stating what I heard and how I felt about it.

You didn't take notice that he said "The league can break rules but players can't"? He, IMO, wasn't demure because he (now) likely has nothing (more) to lose.

Again, I hope I am wrong and if he wins, like yourself, I will admire his brashness. But not until. Based on what I took away from that interview, if I were Vegas, I'd make the odds 3-1 that he gets the ax. Don't want to piss is anyone's cheerios, especially mine, but I don't want anyone that didn't actually see the interview getting their hopes up, either.

I think you're reading him wrong, honestly.

Having been in situations like this (obviously not identical) I kept my mouth and middle finger up to the system the entire time. I was advised not to, repeatidly, but knew I was right, so kept it up. I have a feeling Sherman's doing a bit of that. He's a talker, it’s what he does, at all times and in all circumstances.

Talkers talk.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• pehawk wrote:
    HawkWow wrote:
    HawkAroundTheClock wrote:Stay on topic, bros. We just won a huge game and the thread is about what Sherman said. He could have demurred and said something generic like "the process will play out." When he said "THEY BROKE THE RULES" I took notice. I've never heard a player in appeal say something like tht before the judgement. Again, I'm not making a claim, simply stating what I heard and how I felt about it.

I think you're reading him wrong, honestly.

Having been in situations like this (obviously not identical) I kept my mouth and middle finger up to the system the entire time. I was advised not to, repeatidly, but knew I was right, so kept it up. I have a feeling Sherman's doing a bit of that. He's a talker, it’s what he does, at all times and in all circumstances.

Talkers talk.

Sherm is arguably my favorite player. Believe me, I want to be wrong, but aside from all of the "that's just him" commentary here, how would you explain, or rationalise his comment "the league can break rules but players can't"? (para-phrased). That is the 'in the heat of the moment, eurphoric from the win' comment that is the source of my uncertainty. How does that translate to..."I did nothing wrong"?
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• I have no doubt he tested positive, but they have procedures they MUST follow for HPPA. Its the rules. Its the rules, period, most likely goverened by state and/or federal guidelines.

In Snohomish County you can pull court documents, to Superior Court judges, where I would randomly insert a picture of a geoducks. It made the judges hate every cell in my body, but it was my way of talking trash, in a scenario I knew I'd eventually win. I read Sherms comments like that.

Its Sherman, appeals over, he's gonna talk specifics now.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• Well, if that's the case, he broke the rules and is now flaunting the fact he beat the rap on a technicality, I want him to STFU more than ever. There is nothing admirable about cheating and it sends the wrong message to the impressionable.

Yes, I'm serious. I'm no choir boy, I will break one rule or another by lunch tomorrow, but I'm not going to scream about it from the roof tops or rub anyone's nose in it either.

We have a good thing going in Seattle, we don't need the refs, NFL, whomever after us any more than they already are. Don't applaud such behaviour, then be surprized when calls don't go our way. Yes, he is a big name, but he's not bigger than the NFL.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• Yeah, I don't like him calling out the NFL on live TV. We don't need another XL.
    Fox0r
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• But nobody was calling out the NFL before XL... and we still got... XL. So, why should he be quiet?
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

• HawkWow wrote:Well, if that's the case, he broke the rules and is now flaunting the fact he beat the rap on a technicality

No....he has consistently denied the allegations, now he is saying, here, her is the proof that I am innocent, they messed up the chain of command and therefore the results are invalid.. That's what I take from it.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• Jazzhawk wrote:
    HawkWow wrote:Well, if that's the case, he broke the rules and is now flaunting the fact he beat the rap on a technicality

No....he has consistently denied the allegations, now he is saying, here, her is the proof that I am innocent, they messed up the chain of command and therefore the results are invalid.. That's what I take from it.

Understood, I was responding to a previous poster that (basically) said he believed Sherm was guilty, but going to get off, and is now giving the finger to the system. Others thought that was some kind of cool as well. I disagreed with that.

The XL example was spot on. It don't take a Stanford grad to understand things can be made uncomfortable for us. Lets win a title then these guys can pop off all they want thereafter.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• The last thing I want to do is be argumentative after a HUGE Seahawks win, but I'll reiterate my point that before XL our team was walking the line. Nobody was out of step, or bad mouthing the league, or taunting its Golden Boy QBs, and we still got hosed in XL. So why would Sherman talking now make a difference? Our fear feels more like superstition than anything real.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

• I think our team has earned a reputation as a young, loud, brash, nasty team. Sherman is a leader of this team. He sets the tone. By talking he sets the tone and the rest of the defense takes note. It's what has created the massive amount of swagger this team has, I want Sherman to talk, I want Sherman to embarass people, it's what he does best. IMO, SHerman should tell the whole world about it.
    otter
    NET Rookie

• Buncha chicks on the same cycle...
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• HawkAroundTheClock wrote:The last thing I want to do is be argumentative after a HUGE Seahawks win, but I'll reiterate my point that before XL our team was walking the line. Nobody was out of step, or bad mouthing the league, or taunting its Golden Boy QBs, and we still got hosed in XL. So why would Sherman talking now make a difference? Our fear feels more like superstition than anything real.

You're right, other than Stevens, we were a very respectable group (and still got hosed). I mean no disresepct here, but using such logic is like saying, I got hit by a Kam truck (lol) while walking on the sidewalk, so from now on, I might as well walk on the freeway.

I just think it's better to not rile these aholes. As you suggest, they have it in for us already. BTW, I think the teary-eyed retirement of "the face of the NFL", Jerome Bettis, playing his final game in his home town, played a role against us in XL. I could be wrong.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• HawkAroundTheClock wrote:The last thing I want to do is be argumentative after a HUGE Seahawks win, but I'll reiterate my point that before XL our team was walking the line. Nobody was out of step, or bad mouthing the league, or taunting its Golden Boy QBs, and we still got hosed in XL. So why would Sherman talking now make a difference? Our fear feels more like superstition than anything real.

I am so with you on this. Walk the line, and get hosed in Super Bowl XL. Better to create drama and *interest* by arguing and posturing. Remember 44 Boz Inc. selling 10,000 "Ban the Boz" T-Shirts to Bronco fans? The NFL is an *entertainment* product. They are competing with other programming, including the reality TV schlock. Sherman is creating great drama for the NFL, that stands a good chance of *IMPROVING RATINGS*. It doesn't matter whether people agree or disagree, like, or dislike Sherman, as long as they pay attention and WATCH the games, comment on the NFL and ESPN forum threads, etc.
    By this same reasoning, the NFL would WANT the Seahawks and the Packers to meet in a playoff game, with the storyline of the Packers "avenging" the "Fail Mary" defeat.

So Sherm, keep running your mouth and calling out the NFL. Thank God you're not toeing the NFL line, and if we make it to the Super Bowl this year, the chances of getting jobbed are much smaller than before XL. The NFL made the storyline on XL all about "The Bus" and how he needed a championship to complete his career. I don't even recall any storylines from the Seahawks side that the media pushed.

This year, in a Super Bowl, there should be plenty of storylines. Russell Wilson, rookie quarterback, with the opportunity to make history. Sherman, is he or isn't he cheating, and the NFL was forced to delay rulings until after the playoffs due to legal/procedural issues. The more storylines there are about the Seahawks that grab national attention, the less likely we'll get jobbed. So Sherm, yak it up, dude! Trash-talk those nasty mean old NFL fogies, Goodell and Co!!
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:43 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information