Thurmond?

skater18000

Reaction score
Is Walter Thurmond III playing today? He's listed as questionable. Probably wont play because he didn't practice all week. I think he could shutdown Crabtree... he's that good...

rightbench

Reaction score
im sure Sherman will be shadowing Crabtree today. Crabs is SLOW. But I really wanna have Thurmond as our other corner. Im not sold on Lane/Maxwell yet

ensett

Reaction score
Im not sold on Lane/Maxwell either. Thurmond would be a huge help for 2 quarters before he gets injured again.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2d8kg6wl said:
Never depend on Thurmond. He honestly has givin this franchise nothing.

It's a bummer too, because he has so much to offer. It's always sad to see injuries derail young players careers, especially when those players have as much talent as Thurmond III has.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Trrrroy":3wpm1qvw said:
Tech Worlds":3wpm1qvw said:

It's a bummer too, because he has so much to offer. It's always sad to see injuries derail young players careers, especially when those players have as much talent as Thurmond III has.

Yep. Very sad. How long can you keep depending on him? The guy is getting injured getting out of bed in the morning.

drdiags

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":h7m1sgpn said:
Yep. Very sad. How long can you keep depending on him? The guy is getting injured getting out of bed in the morning.

I think next year is the final year of his rookie contract. The team will probably keep him until that contract expires. I doubt he is re-signed.

kearly

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":m1r1o1gl said:

I see what you did there. Too bad Thurmond doesn't have a famous Seahawk in law that we can compare him to for reverse bad luck.

drdiags":m1r1o1gl said:
I think next year is the final year of his rookie contract. The team will probably keep him until that contract expires. I doubt he is re-signed.

We'll see. None of his injuries have been recurring. He's just had bad luck. His talent is pro bowl caliber. He'd be cheap to retain. Seattle keeps six corners.

Between Shead (good college tape) and Gorrer (Ravens fans said good things) I think this FO has a lot of confidence in their ability to work the waiver wires for CBs in an emergency. Players like Roy Lewis are still out there too. As long as Seattle treats Thurmond like a #6 corner, there is almost nothing to lose by him hitting IR. It's all upside. So I would guess he's got a lot of rope left on the injury front- especially given how much talent he has. This FO has yet to give up on a player with Thurmond's level of talent. They haven't made the Jason Babin / Michael Bennett type blunders that Tim Ruskell and Mike Holmgren did.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
kearly":1w7l3b89 said:
Tech Worlds":1w7l3b89 said:

I see what you did there. Too bad Thurmond doesn't have a famous Seahawk in law that we can compare him to for reverse bad luck.

Thurmond and, that guy, really have not achieved the way I expect them too.

Think thurmond is related to Dave Brown?