Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:33 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:12 pm
Posts: 853
As far as requesting for them to take another sample, two possibilities immediately come to mind. First, these guys get tested all the time, he might very well have thought nothing of it, just a random glitch, move on. It's just not something that immediately jumps to mind as a protest type deal for many people.

(Side comment -- I won't go through the "naked" body scanners, I don't think they are safe, and when I opt out I often get crap from the security people saying "you know, everyone goes through them, it's not a big deal" yadda yadda. I do think that a lot of people just have the next step in mind and aren't terribly concerned about little weird glitches or things they are expected to deal with and move on from. I'm sure Sherman doesn't enjoy peeing in a cup, and he probably thought it was funny that the guy ended up with piss on his hands because of a leaky cup, and never remotely thought that the right response was to say "wait, I want to give another sample" drink water and wait 20 minutes and all that crap. He probably had better things to do.)

More to the point, second possibility, I bet the NFL doesn't allow people to give second samples. Some drugs particularly amphetamines can be flushed by water and vitamin C. If you allow second samples, imagine how that works... guy knows he's going to pee hot, so he accidentally cracks the plastic cup while peeing in it, lets the handler figure that out, says he'll give a second sample in 30 minutes, goes over and drinks a quart of water, tries to find and take three or four vitamin C tablets too, and pretends he can't pee, drinks another quart of water, waits another 30 minutes... he might have just reduced his odds of peeing hot from 100% to 30%.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:33 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:22 am
Posts: 664
MTS wrote:
Please read throughout the thread before posting replies to early replies.

I admit that I did not know that he denied the initial story. I saw the proof that he is denying that story.

And for those of you who are saying "innocent until proven guilty"...Im sorry, but hasn't he already been proven guilty?

He tested positive for Adderall, period. He is guilty, now he must prove his innocence. Notice: this is an "appeal" not a trial.


I doubt you would care about Shermans tribulations if the Hawks were 5-7 at this point in the season. Yet, here you are bright and early this Sunday morning on a opposing teams fan forum to vehemently enlighten us on your stance on the matter. Kick-offs not till 5:30. Go for a jog, go to church, watch the early games, read a book. Whatever!!! I'm sure you could find a million other things to do that wouldn't make you look like a troll. Our Hawks are relevant and a threat to your team. That's the only reason you are here. Maybe YOU should...

MTS wrote:
And somehow I am from San Fran? Good god, dumb@ss. Get real and get a life. Sherman isn't your dad, brother, or son. You have no real connection to this random dude. Im sorry I stated my opinion that makes a lot of sense to a lot of other people outside of die-hard obsessed Seahawks fans (even some of you agree).

SMH. Pathetic.


When you contradict yourself and bash others for investing so much time in a player, but then spend a fair amount of time trying to convince us that we are lost with our thoughts, it makes you look silly.

_________________
Image
San Fransisco. Still partying like it's 1981.


Last edited by Mistashoesta on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:36 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:15 am
Posts: 2312
MTS wrote:
Evil_Shenanigans wrote:
The complete absence of any facts or data here are leading to quite a lot of petty bickering. Every argument hear has been based on hearsay. Did he do it? I suspect that he did. Will he be suspended? I suspect so.



Fact: Sherman tested positive for Adderall
Fact: It was reported that he stated that he drank from a water bottle
Fact: Sherman now denies this story
Fact: Sherman now says it was due to a broken container (obviously laced with adderall, the drug that Brandon Browner among others got caught with and didn't deny).
Fact: Brandon Browner got caught with the exact same substance.
Fact: It is nearly impossible for a container to break and then be replaced with another that somehow was magically laced with Adderall.


Just because you call something a fact does not make it one. Every instance you stated is either alleged or hearsay.

_________________
#NEXTMANUP


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:36 am 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:07 am
Posts: 55
I have heard that this can be found to be in the body pretty easily even if a second test is needed, along with HGH and other items, mmj.

So I don't know why the NFL would disallow this. I am assuming we will hear more when the appeal goes on. All I really hope, is that if he did cheat, he pays the price. I think thats fair.

Or, the NFL should simply say "hey! you are getting paid millions, take whatever drugs/steroids you want and get really big and bad, more action!"

If every player wants to cheat and get big, just let 'em get big. I couldn't care less as long as it is a level playing field for everyone.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:39 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:12 pm
Posts: 853
MTS wrote:
BocciHawk wrote:
Hair test would be meaningless for any amphetamine.

Honestly the more I hear about all this the more I think the NFL has a lame testing system. Cycling takes multiple samples, and keeps the others on ice until appeals are resolved. The simple fact they don't have a second sample to go to is just mind boggling. It's also very questionable that the sample was placed in another vessel, as no hands or anything should come in contact with the fluid... if a guy took the sample, was handling it, getting urine on his hands, then the sweat and anything else from his hands is getting into the sample, too, even while he's putting the sample in another cup. It's tainted, pure and simple.

I've stated before and again that a good outcome from this would be that Sherman gets off, and the NFL restructures and improves their testing to bring it in line with other world class sports...



Sherman should have complained about the faulty testing and took the sample again on the spot....

Or would he have no excuse for later then?


MTS, you are trolling or have poor reading comprehension.

In cycling, when you piss test, they give you two or three cups. You pee a little, then pee into the first cup, then pee into the second cup, and if it's a particular class of event, you pee into a third cup. You also give a blood test, and they do the same thing, they fill two or three vials. The first sample of each are tested immediately. The remaining samples are stored cold and only destroyed if the initial tests are negative OR if the initial tests are positive and all appeals have been exhausted.

The NFL should do the same thing. It's ridiculous that they are using a single sample, and presumably someone making $12 an hour to handle the sample and make sure that the individual really is peeing into the cup aka "meat gazer".

This $12 per hour person may not be capable of intelligently deciding when someone should resample or not, and as I stated in my earlier post, and is obvious to anyone who thinks about it for a minute, taking a second sample may in fact be a cheating type tactic in and of itself.

The whole idea of the testing regime that the NFL uses is that the annual test is supposed to be a surprise. You walk into the locker room, and they tell five guys "piss test, now" and they have to do it. If you let them have time to drink water and sit around, possibly with only some minor amount of supervision, you are just asking for the second sample to come out different than the first...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:39 am 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:07 am
Posts: 55
Mistashoesta wrote:
MTS wrote:
Please read throughout the thread before posting replies to early replies.

I admit that I did not know that he denied the initial story. I saw the proof that he is denying that story.

And for those of you who are saying "innocent until proven guilty"...Im sorry, but hasn't he already been proven guilty?

He tested positive for Adderall, period. He is guilty, now he must prove his innocence. Notice: this is an "appeal" not a trial.


I doubt you would care about Shermans tribulations if the Hawks were 5-7 at this point in the season. Yet, here you are bright and early this Sunday morning on a opposing teams fan forum to vehemently enlighten us on your stance on the matter. Kick-offs not till 5:30. Go for a jog, go to church, watch the early games, read a book. Whatever!!! I'm sure you could find a million other things to do that wouldn't make you look like a troll. Our Hawks are relevant and a threat to your team. That's the only reason you are here. Maybe YOU should...

MTS wrote:
And somehow I am from San Fran? Good god, dumb@ss. Get real and get a life. Sherman isn't your dad, brother, or son. You have no real connection to this random dude. Im sorry I stated my opinion that makes a lot of sense to a lot of other people outside of die-hard obsessed Seahawks fans (even some of you agree).

SMH. Pathetic.


When you contradict yourself and bash others for investing so much time in a player, but then spend a fair amount of time trying to convince us that we are lost with our thoughts, it makes you look silly.



Bright and early? For you, maybe. Its 12:30PM here (in Missouri). Contradict myself? Hardly. Would I care if the Seahawks are 5-7? I don't know. I still support the chiefs and they currently have 2 wins, what do you think?

Thanks for adding to the conversation and being completely off topic, though! Your insight has been great!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:41 am 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:07 am
Posts: 55
BocciHawk wrote:

The whole idea of the testing regime that the NFL uses is that the annual test is supposed to be a surprise. You walk into the locker room, and they tell five guys "piss test, now" and they have to do it. If you let them have time to drink water and sit around, possibly with only some minor amount of supervision, you are just asking for the second sample to come out different than the first...



You do realize, you went back like 3 pages to quote that, right? You didn't post what you re-quoted of yourself until pages later and I responded directly underneath.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:45 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:12 pm
Posts: 853
MTS wrote:
I have heard that this can be found to be in the body pretty easily even if a second test is needed, along with HGH and other items, mmj.


I'm sorry, this is just totally wrong. Do some research.

Amphetamines are water soluble. They flush quickly. Even without special efforts, if you are talking about someone taking Adderall on a Thursday night for a test Friday, they will pee clean Sunday. If you drink extra water and take vitamin C, drink coffee to produce extra urine, you might be able to be clean in 12 hours, certainly 24.

THC is fat soluble. Same with LSD and many other psychoactives. It can stay stored in body fat for long periods of time, even years for chronic users. It's difficult to flush. Most tests will not detect it after a few weeks, because they aren't sensitive enough, but some tests (like human hair) can pick it up for years, if they are done properly with expensive modern equipment.

BTW, if your comment was correct, you'd think the answer would be super simple -- just test Sherman now. If he's clean, he was clean, and if he's dirty, then he was probably dirty then too. The NFL isn't doing that and Sherman isn't suggesting that, so you can tell from the behavior that this isn't a workable situation. Frankly, it would be cool if it was! You'd just have people give one sample, if it was hot, bring them in a few days or a week later, make them retest, and that would be the "appeal"...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:45 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 9234
Location: Renton Wa.
My question is I read where they took these tests early or in pre season, if i'm wrong please correct me, but why did they wait till now to start putting out results and suspending. Not just us but look across the whole league, if this was a virus they would call it a epidemic. Almost all these suspensions and claims happened in a three week period.

_________________
Image

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:48 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:12 pm
Posts: 853
MTS wrote:
BocciHawk wrote:

The whole idea of the testing regime that the NFL uses is that the annual test is supposed to be a surprise. You walk into the locker room, and they tell five guys "piss test, now" and they have to do it. If you let them have time to drink water and sit around, possibly with only some minor amount of supervision, you are just asking for the second sample to come out different than the first...



You do realize, you went back like 3 pages to quote that, right? You didn't post what you re-quoted of yourself until pages later and I responded directly underneath.


What? I never quoted myself, or went back three pages... I'm writing, you know, from personal knowledge, opinion, etc.

When I quoted you, it was a comment made very recently... and my comment on it was totally off the cuff.

Step away from the crack pipe... oh, and by the way, crack is water soluble, so if you stop smoking now, you'll probably be clean by Tuesday.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:48 am 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:07 am
Posts: 55
BocciHawk wrote:
MTS wrote:
I have heard that this can be found to be in the body pretty easily even if a second test is needed, along with HGH and other items, mmj.


I'm sorry, this is just totally wrong. Do some research.

Amphetamines are water soluble. They flush quickly. Even without special efforts, if you are talking about someone taking Adderall on a Thursday night for a test Friday, they will pee clean Sunday. If you drink extra water and take vitamin C, drink coffee to produce extra urine, you might be able to be clean in 12 hours, certainly 24.

BTW, if your comment was correct, you'd think the answer would be super simple -- just test Sherman now. If he's clean, he was clean, and if he's dirty, then he was probably dirty then too. The NFL isn't doing that and Sherman isn't suggesting that, so you can tell from the behavior that this isn't a workable situation. Frankly, it would be cool if it was! You'd just have people give one sample, if it was hot, bring them in a few days or a week later, make them retest, and that would be the "appeal"...


Dude, I highly doubt that if they tested him straight up and it was positive, 5 minutes later they tested him again it would be negative. Yes, it can be washed out, but it would like take gallons of water to do so, not 32 oz or something needed to get a second sample within a 20-30 minute period.

Also, you act like they were looking specifically for one drug, adderall, and they weren't. I highly, highly doubt he could instantly and completely flush it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:50 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:12 pm
Posts: 853
chris98251 wrote:
My question is I read where they took these tests early or in pre season, if i'm wrong please correct me, but why did they wait till now to start putting out results and suspending. Not just us but look across the whole league, if this was a virus they would call it a epidemic. Almost all these suspensions and claims happened in a three week period.


Someone who has all the details in memory or wants to do the research will clean this up, but I think the test was September 8th, first week of the regular season, and they sat on the results for at least six weeks, until late October. When the players are notified, they can appeal, and the league takes some time to schedule the appeals, and in the case of Sherman, he had his appeal delayed... so you end up in December.

It is a bit of an epidemic, regardless, I think there's been 20+ suspensions for PEDs across the league. Many of them defensive backs, many of them stating it was for Adderall (though there's some question about that given that the NFL won't say which PED was tested positive, and many are possibly using steroids and then in the court of public opinion claiming it's Adderall).


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:51 am 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:07 am
Posts: 55
BocciHawk wrote:
MTS wrote:
BocciHawk wrote:

The whole idea of the testing regime that the NFL uses is that the annual test is supposed to be a surprise. You walk into the locker room, and they tell five guys "piss test, now" and they have to do it. If you let them have time to drink water and sit around, possibly with only some minor amount of supervision, you are just asking for the second sample to come out different than the first...



You do realize, you went back like 3 pages to quote that, right? You didn't post what you re-quoted of yourself until pages later and I responded directly underneath.


What? I never quoted myself, or went back three pages... I'm writing, you know, from personal knowledge, opinion, etc.

When I quoted you, it was a comment made very recently... and my comment on it was totally off the cuff.

Step away from the crack pipe... oh, and by the way, crack is water soluble, so if you stop smoking now, you'll probably be clean by Tuesday.



Dude: The quote that you quoted me from was from page 4. Your next response appeared on page 5, my next response was underneath that, then you went back to page 4 again and quoted me telling me Im stupid.

Maybe you should get off the crack pipe, oh and if you drink 20oz of water or something, I hear amphetamines go away instantly!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:58 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:12 pm
Posts: 853
MTS wrote:
BocciHawk wrote:
MTS wrote:
I have heard that this can be found to be in the body pretty easily even if a second test is needed, along with HGH and other items, mmj.


I'm sorry, this is just totally wrong. Do some research.

Amphetamines are water soluble. They flush quickly. Even without special efforts, if you are talking about someone taking Adderall on a Thursday night for a test Friday, they will pee clean Sunday. If you drink extra water and take vitamin C, drink coffee to produce extra urine, you might be able to be clean in 12 hours, certainly 24.

BTW, if your comment was correct, you'd think the answer would be super simple -- just test Sherman now. If he's clean, he was clean, and if he's dirty, then he was probably dirty then too. The NFL isn't doing that and Sherman isn't suggesting that, so you can tell from the behavior that this isn't a workable situation. Frankly, it would be cool if it was! You'd just have people give one sample, if it was hot, bring them in a few days or a week later, make them retest, and that would be the "appeal"...


Dude, I highly doubt that if they tested him straight up and it was positive, 5 minutes later they tested him again it would be negative. Yes, it can be washed out, but it would like take gallons of water to do so, not 32 oz or something needed to get a second sample within a 20-30 minute period.

Also, you act like they were looking specifically for one drug, adderall, and they weren't. I highly, highly doubt he could instantly and completely flush it.


READ my earlier comment. It's a gradient. From the moment the drug is in your system, it's going away. At some point, it goes away enough that the test won't pick it up. You can accelerate the rate that it's going away by doing many things... drinking water, coffee, and vitamin C are all easy ones. If you can't produce urine, these protocols -- and I don't know the NFL rules -- usually say to drink some water, up to 32 ounces or so, and wait 20 or 30 minutes, then try to pee.

My whole point is that say for arguments sake that a player had been taking Adderall. They stopped two days ago, so they knew they probably would be OK, but weren't sure. They get a test sprung on them as a surprise. ON PURPOSE, they break the cup, pee on their hands, something like that, and state they want to take a second sample. If the NFL allowed that, it would be a MAJOR way to cheat. They could say they need time to pee, drink water, wander off, possibly find some vitamin C in their locker... you get the idea, it becomes a way to cheat, the second sample, if it's gathered after the first sample, from a fresh batch of diluted urine.

I might also add that the first urine of the day is way more concentrated than any urine after that... so it is well known that if you know you are being tested that day, you want to wake up, pee, drink a bunch of water, have some coffee, pee again, and drink some more water... then go in for your test.

I'm not suggesting that if you take Adderall, drink 32 ounces of water, and get tested, all in a 30 minute period, that you'll be clean. That's ridiculous. I am saying that if you took Adderall two days ago, had been drinking water, coffee, vitamin C, walked in and were confronted with a test, that you'd significantly improve your chances of testing clean if you intentionally screwed up your first sample.

Long story short, people who simply suggest that Sherman should have said "dude, this cup is cracked, I need to give a second sample" are being naive as I would assume the NFL does NOT allow this as part of the testing process.

(The NFL SHOULD routinely take multiple samples from the same urination, and store the extra samples for testing if there's a positive result on the primary, but they apparently don't, which is just stupid and lazy.)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:59 am 
* NET Draft Guru *
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:06 pm
Posts: 3589
Location: Bellingham, WA
MTS wrote:
And for those of you who are saying "innocent until proven guilty"...Im sorry, but hasn't he already been proven guilty?

He tested positive for Adderall, period. He is guilty, now he must prove his innocence. Notice: this is an "appeal" not a trial.


Like so much of what you've posted in this thread, wrong.

You don't have to prove your innocence when you appeal, you challenge the legality of the "conviction" (since this isn't a court of law, that'd be the suspension). In this case, Sherman is charging that the evidence (the urine) shouldn't have been admissible because the agreed to procedure was not followed... that's all he is going to need to prove.

_________________
Sarlacc, on comparing .NET to Soccer: And why not? It's a bunch of people running around in circles, feigning pain, and never scoring.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:01 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:26 am
Posts: 1522
All the reports of what he "claimed" before are just bogus. Nobody has been allowed to talk about anything, nobody knows as much as they think they do.

_________________
----


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:04 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:12 pm
Posts: 853
MTS wrote:
Dude: The quote that you quoted me from was from page 4. Your next response appeared on page 5, my next response was underneath that, then you went back to page 4 again and quoted me telling me Im stupid.

Maybe you should get off the crack pipe, oh and if you drink 20oz of water or something, I hear amphetamines go away instantly!


I am not attacking you personally, I just think that there's a lack of knowledge in this particular area.

Page 4 starts with the first post at 10:07 AM Pacific time. That's less than an hour ago. I did not reach back into the annals of history when selecting quotes...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:07 am 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 12:01 pm
Posts: 93
Location: Washington
I think MTS is being fairly reasonable. I love my Seahawks, but if he did in fact cheat he needs to pay the pauper.

I'm ok with waiting through the appeal process, but I definately lean towards him being guilty. Sounds like he's trying to get off on a technicality to me.

Just my two cents.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:09 am 
NET Veteran
Online

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm
Posts: 1937
Davehawk wrote:
I think MTS is being fairly reasonable. I love my Seahawks, but if he did in fact cheat he needs to pay the pauper.

I'm ok with waiting through the appeal process, but I definately lean towards him being guilty. Sounds like he's trying to get off on a technicality to me.

Just my two cents.


Where do you want the change sent?

_________________
I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:12 am 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:07 am
Posts: 55
I look at it like this:

No one here not me, not any of you know for a 100% fact that he did or did not get caught with PED.

In fact, it appears none of us are even sure what the correct NFL drug testing protocol is in regards to the broken cup that is being claimed. With that in mind, I presented my opinion and why I believe it and a lot of people have presented theirs (although, I find the ones who think he isnt guilty just wanted to throw out personal attacks or call me a troll or whatever, rather than having any type of sensible argument...but, what can you expect?)

The bottom line here is: if he is guilty, I hope he pays. If he isn't (which I doubt), I hope he gets off and is cleared.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:16 am 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:07 am
Posts: 55
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
Davehawk wrote:
I think MTS is being fairly reasonable. I love my Seahawks, but if he did in fact cheat he needs to pay the pauper.

I'm ok with waiting through the appeal process, but I definately lean towards him being guilty. Sounds like he's trying to get off on a technicality to me.

Just my two cents.


Where do you want the change sent?



I don't know what you think....but this isn't very clever....

:th2thumbs:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:38 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 10:07 am
Posts: 3486
Location: Spokane, Wa
MTS wrote:
First one lie and now another?

SMH, my god, man. Take your punishment and learn your lesson!

I am all for the Hawks being as good as possible, but one someone does something to get some type of advantage (one way or another), you need to pay. The fact that he is lying over and over and doing this is really disgraceful to this organization.

I hope he serves the sentence he definitely deserves. I hate liars and I hate cheaters, even if they are on my own team.

Another thing that is disheartening are all of the comments about "oh I hope he gets by". Really? No morals or sportsmanship or anything? I know this prescription drug isn't necessarily the most enhancing one available, but if it didn't do something, why did he take it?



And you know this for a fact? With out a doubt? So you were there? Your post is a disgrace to Seahawks.net


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:43 am 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 12:01 pm
Posts: 93
Location: Washington
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
Davehawk wrote:
I think MTS is being fairly reasonable. I love my Seahawks, but if he did in fact cheat he needs to pay the pauper.

I'm ok with waiting through the appeal process, but I definately lean towards him being guilty. Sounds like he's trying to get off on a technicality to me.

Just my two cents.


Where do you want the change sent?


?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:43 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22920
Location: Kirkland, WA
MTS wrote:
First one lie and now another?

SMH, my god, man. Take your punishment and learn your lesson!


The whole wrong water bottle thing was a rumor that was false, and Sherman said he had no clue where it came from. Get over your propped-up moral high ground with incorrect facts.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:02 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:13 pm
Posts: 2988
The cup thing is maybe reasonable if they did indeed use another cup.

I mean Browner and Winston got hit too, but then why did Browner appeal...

I just hope he get's cleared so other fans can't call him a cheater.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:08 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:03 am
Posts: 581
Have any of the fools who think that "the authority is always right" ever been around a family court disputed custody case? Have you (addressing men here) ever been falsely accused of domestic violence, or even worse, falsely accused of rape? Have you had an ex in family court swear under oath to lies about how you supposedly "abused" your children? Do you understand how biased the process can be against innocent people, based on societal presumptions of "guilty until proven innocent" Yes, there are "lab tests" involved here, but it's sounding like the NFL is sloppy and disorganized and unprofessional about how they conduct their tests. Maybe someone with detailed knowledge of NFL testing protocols could provide a link to any details they have.
Have any of you ever heard of the Duke Lacrosse case, and how the players were convicted in the media, suspended from school, over bogus rape allegations.
Read this article about the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_lacrosse_case and come back and tell us how authority is always right, people in high official positions never lie, and the people accused are always guilty.
Sure, there are some differences in circumstances, but the point is that when people's livelihood and reputation are at stake, the evidence process better be damn good, not sloppy, and blind "trust in the authorities" leads to corruption and abuses like the Duke Lacrosse team.
For all we know, the $12/hour contract lab tech who took the sample is working for a company owned by a buddy of Goodell's, has some sort of sociopathic personality disorder, is a 49ers fan to boot, and decided to have a little fun, exercise a little power, by dropping a chunk of a banned substance into Sherman's sample. An organization as big and rich as the NFL has no excuse for running a sloppy and unprofessional testing program, if that's what we learn through this process. However, the information we're working with is extremely limited. Do you *blindly trust* the NFL authorities?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:09 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:42 am
Posts: 243
Im in the military and we do urinalysis all the time. If it works anyway like the military, there should have been a witness, if the witness testifies what sherm is saying is true...he will get off without punishment.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:14 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:07 am
Posts: 55
olyfan63 wrote:
Have any of the fools who think that "the authority is always right" ever been around a family court disputed custody case? Have you (addressing men here) ever been falsely accused of domestic violence, or even worse, falsely accused of rape? Have you had an ex in family court swear under oath to lies about how you supposedly "abused" your children? Do you understand how biased the process can be against innocent people, based on societal presumptions of "guilty until proven innocent" Yes, there are "lab tests" involved here, but it's sounding like the NFL is sloppy and disorganized and unprofessional about how they conduct their tests. Maybe someone with detailed knowledge of NFL testing protocols could provide a link to any details they have.
Have any of you ever heard of the Duke Lacrosse case, and how the players were convicted in the media, suspended from school, over bogus rape allegations.
Read this article about the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_lacrosse_case and come back and tell us how authority is always right, people in high official positions never lie, and the people accused are always guilty.
Sure, there are some differences in circumstances, but the point is that when people's livelihood and reputation are at stake, the evidence process better be damn good, not sloppy, and blind "trust in the authorities" leads to corruption and abuses like the Duke Lacrosse team.
For all we know, the $12/hour contract lab tech who took the sample is working for a company owned by a buddy of Goodell's, has some sort of sociopathic personality disorder, is a 49ers fan to boot, and decided to have a little fun, exercise a little power, by dropping a chunk of a banned substance into Sherman's sample. An organization as big and rich as the NFL has no excuse for running a sloppy and unprofessional testing program, if that's what we learn through this process. However, the information we're working with is extremely limited. Do you *blindly trust* the NFL authorities?




So, you think the NFL choooses random players and decided to punish them? "Oh, look at the Richard Sherman guy, we hate him, lace his test with Adderall! Do it with Brandon Browner's too, but he will just take the ban because he is a pushover!"

If this is what you believe, don't have children.

And why Sherman? Why not someone like Russell Wilson or Lynch or Tate or Rice? Poor, poor little baby Sherman! All he does is keep his mouth closed and play a respectable game for an honest and decent living!

Get real.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:14 pm 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:40 am
Posts: 4378
Location: Southern CA
MTS wrote:
BocciHawk wrote:
Hair test would be meaningless for any amphetamine.

Honestly the more I hear about all this the more I think the NFL has a lame testing system. Cycling takes multiple samples, and keeps the others on ice until appeals are resolved. The simple fact they don't have a second sample to go to is just mind boggling. It's also very questionable that the sample was placed in another vessel, as no hands or anything should come in contact with the fluid... if a guy took the sample, was handling it, getting urine on his hands, then the sweat and anything else from his hands is getting into the sample, too, even while he's putting the sample in another cup. It's tainted, pure and simple.

I've stated before and again that a good outcome from this would be that Sherman gets off, and the NFL restructures and improves their testing to bring it in line with other world class sports...



Sherman should have complained about the faulty testing and took the sample again on the spot....

Or would he have no excuse for later then?

We have no way of knowing whether he complained on the spot or not.

_________________
Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:15 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:07 am
Posts: 55
morgulon1 wrote:
MTS wrote:
First one lie and now another?

SMH, my god, man. Take your punishment and learn your lesson!

I am all for the Hawks being as good as possible, but one someone does something to get some type of advantage (one way or another), you need to pay. The fact that he is lying over and over and doing this is really disgraceful to this organization.

I hope he serves the sentence he definitely deserves. I hate liars and I hate cheaters, even if they are on my own team.

Another thing that is disheartening are all of the comments about "oh I hope he gets by". Really? No morals or sportsmanship or anything? I know this prescription drug isn't necessarily the most enhancing one available, but if it didn't do something, why did he take it?



And you know this for a fact? With out a doubt? So you were there? Your post is a disgrace to Seahawks.net



U mad bro? :th2thumbs:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:19 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 10:45 am
Posts: 276
Location: Tri-Cities, WA
MTS wrote:
olyfan63 wrote:
Have any of the fools who think that "the authority is always right" ever been around a family court disputed custody case? Have you (addressing men here) ever been falsely accused of domestic violence, or even worse, falsely accused of rape? Have you had an ex in family court swear under oath to lies about how you supposedly "abused" your children? Do you understand how biased the process can be against innocent people, based on societal presumptions of "guilty until proven innocent" Yes, there are "lab tests" involved here, but it's sounding like the NFL is sloppy and disorganized and unprofessional about how they conduct their tests. Maybe someone with detailed knowledge of NFL testing protocols could provide a link to any details they have.
Have any of you ever heard of the Duke Lacrosse case, and how the players were convicted in the media, suspended from school, over bogus rape allegations.
Read this article about the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_lacrosse_case and come back and tell us how authority is always right, people in high official positions never lie, and the people accused are always guilty.
Sure, there are some differences in circumstances, but the point is that when people's livelihood and reputation are at stake, the evidence process better be damn good, not sloppy, and blind "trust in the authorities" leads to corruption and abuses like the Duke Lacrosse team.
For all we know, the $12/hour contract lab tech who took the sample is working for a company owned by a buddy of Goodell's, has some sort of sociopathic personality disorder, is a 49ers fan to boot, and decided to have a little fun, exercise a little power, by dropping a chunk of a banned substance into Sherman's sample. An organization as big and rich as the NFL has no excuse for running a sloppy and unprofessional testing program, if that's what we learn through this process. However, the information we're working with is extremely limited. Do you *blindly trust* the NFL authorities?




So, you think the NFL choooses random players and decided to punish them? "Oh, look at the Richard Sherman guy, we hate him, lace his test with Adderall! Do it with Brandon Browner's too, but he will just take the ban because he is a pushover!"

If this is what you believe, don't have children.

And why Sherman? Why not someone like Russell Wilson or Lynch or Tate or Rice? Poor, poor little baby Sherman! All he does is keep his mouth closed and play a respectable game for an honest and decent living!

Get real.

Hahahaha MTS go away!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:21 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:03 am
Posts: 581
MTS wrote:

So, you think the NFL choooses random players and decided to punish them? "Oh, look at the Richard Sherman guy, we hate him, lace his test with Adderall! Do it with Brandon Browner's too, but he will just take the ban because he is a pushover!"

If this is what you believe, don't have children.

And why Sherman? Why not someone like Russell Wilson or Lynch or Tate or Rice? Poor, poor little baby Sherman! All he does is keep his mouth closed and play a respectable game for an honest and decent living!

Get real.


This guy MTS is a moron troll. I recommend everyone put him on their ignore list and stop responding to anything he posts. Go away, fool.

To ignore that fool: Click on his "Profile" link at the bottom of his post. This brings up the "Viewing Profile" page for him. Under the poster's photo, there is a link, "Add foe". Click it, answer the "do you really want to do this" question, and you won't see his posts any more. Ahh, much better. :-) Don't feed the troll!


Last edited by olyfan63 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:22 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:07 am
Posts: 55
BAllenHawk wrote:
MTS wrote:
olyfan63 wrote:
Have any of the fools who think that "the authority is always right" ever been around a family court disputed custody case? Have you (addressing men here) ever been falsely accused of domestic violence, or even worse, falsely accused of rape? Have you had an ex in family court swear under oath to lies about how you supposedly "abused" your children? Do you understand how biased the process can be against innocent people, based on societal presumptions of "guilty until proven innocent" Yes, there are "lab tests" involved here, but it's sounding like the NFL is sloppy and disorganized and unprofessional about how they conduct their tests. Maybe someone with detailed knowledge of NFL testing protocols could provide a link to any details they have.
Have any of you ever heard of the Duke Lacrosse case, and how the players were convicted in the media, suspended from school, over bogus rape allegations.
Read this article about the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_lacrosse_case and come back and tell us how authority is always right, people in high official positions never lie, and the people accused are always guilty.
Sure, there are some differences in circumstances, but the point is that when people's livelihood and reputation are at stake, the evidence process better be damn good, not sloppy, and blind "trust in the authorities" leads to corruption and abuses like the Duke Lacrosse team.
For all we know, the $12/hour contract lab tech who took the sample is working for a company owned by a buddy of Goodell's, has some sort of sociopathic personality disorder, is a 49ers fan to boot, and decided to have a little fun, exercise a little power, by dropping a chunk of a banned substance into Sherman's sample. An organization as big and rich as the NFL has no excuse for running a sloppy and unprofessional testing program, if that's what we learn through this process. However, the information we're working with is extremely limited. Do you *blindly trust* the NFL authorities?




So, you think the NFL choooses random players and decided to punish them? "Oh, look at the Richard Sherman guy, we hate him, lace his test with Adderall! Do it with Brandon Browner's too, but he will just take the ban because he is a pushover!"

If this is what you believe, don't have children.

And why Sherman? Why not someone like Russell Wilson or Lynch or Tate or Rice? Poor, poor little baby Sherman! All he does is keep his mouth closed and play a respectable game for an honest and decent living!

Get real.

Hahahaha MTS go away!



NO! :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :3-1: :17: :thirishdrinkers:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:25 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:51 am
Posts: 662
Location: Auburn, Wa
MTS wrote:
olyfan63 wrote:
Have any of the fools who think that "the authority is always right" ever been around a family court disputed custody case? Have you (addressing men here) ever been falsely accused of domestic violence, or even worse, falsely accused of rape? Have you had an ex in family court swear under oath to lies about how you supposedly "abused" your children? Do you understand how biased the process can be against innocent people, based on societal presumptions of "guilty until proven innocent" Yes, there are "lab tests" involved here, but it's sounding like the NFL is sloppy and disorganized and unprofessional about how they conduct their tests. Maybe someone with detailed knowledge of NFL testing protocols could provide a link to any details they have.
Have any of you ever heard of the Duke Lacrosse case, and how the players were convicted in the media, suspended from school, over bogus rape allegations.
Read this article about the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_lacrosse_case and come back and tell us how authority is always right, people in high official positions never lie, and the people accused are always guilty.
Sure, there are some differences in circumstances, but the point is that when people's livelihood and reputation are at stake, the evidence process better be damn good, not sloppy, and blind "trust in the authorities" leads to corruption and abuses like the Duke Lacrosse team.
For all we know, the $12/hour contract lab tech who took the sample is working for a company owned by a buddy of Goodell's, has some sort of sociopathic personality disorder, is a 49ers fan to boot, and decided to have a little fun, exercise a little power, by dropping a chunk of a banned substance into Sherman's sample. An organization as big and rich as the NFL has no excuse for running a sloppy and unprofessional testing program, if that's what we learn through this process. However, the information we're working with is extremely limited. Do you *blindly trust* the NFL authorities?




So, you think the NFL choooses random players and decided to punish them? "Oh, look at the Richard Sherman guy, we hate him, lace his test with Adderall! Do it with Brandon Browner's too, but he will just take the ban because he is a pushover!"

If this is what you believe, don't have children.

And why Sherman? Why not someone like Russell Wilson or Lynch or Tate or Rice? Poor, poor little baby Sherman! All he does is keep his mouth closed and play a respectable game for an honest and decent living!

Get real.


... You sir, are an idiot.

I skipped to the last page to see if there was any more Sherman news after reading the first blurb and that post made me glad that I did. What in his example made you automatically think "this guy is a tin-foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist."

All he said was INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. Everyone should reserve their judgement until all of the facts are made available. We don't know if the test was cross-contaminated. (2 players on the Seahawks tested positive for adderall as well, and that is entirely possible)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:33 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:30 pm
Posts: 323
Sherman trying to pull a Ryan Braun.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:38 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:07 am
Posts: 55
SilNWest wrote:
... You sir, are an idiot.

I skipped to the last page to see if there was any more Sherman news after reading the first blurb and that post made me glad that I did. What in his example made you automatically think "this guy is a tin-foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist."

All he said was INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. Everyone should reserve their judgement until all of the facts are made available. We don't know if the test was cross-contaminated. (2 players on the Seahawks tested positive for adderall as well, and that is entirely possible)



HE'S BEEN PROVEN GUILTY, NOW HE HAS TO FIND A WAY OUT OF IT, good thing Ryan Braun set the example for him already.

Dude, when you get a job (which I am sure you don't have) and you have to be drug tested...they don't say "well, sir (or ma'am), it looks like you test positive for marijuana, you are clearly innocent and didn't do anything wrong because of a random excuse you just told us".

You sir, are a moron. Its funny that everyone is jumping on me for claiming facts (he tested positive, someway, somehow), but you are supporting his very irrational excuse (that, by the way, HASNT BEEN CONFIRMED BY ANYONE) and telling me Im an idiot.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:49 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:30 pm
Posts: 1300
Location: Olympia
olyfan63 wrote:

This guy MTS is a moron troll. I recommend everyone put him on their ignore list and stop responding to anything he posts. Go away, fool.

To ignore that fool: Click on his "Profile" link at the bottom of his post. This brings up the "Viewing Profile" page for him. Under the poster's photo, there is a link, "Add foe". Click it, answer the "do you really want to do this" question, and you won't see his posts any more. Ahh, much better. :-) Don't feed the troll!


Ahh, much better indeed. Thanks! Now the Chiefs fan can go back to rooting for that stellar organization... or not... but I won't waste another second on that nonsense either way.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:51 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:51 am
Posts: 662
Location: Auburn, Wa
MTS wrote:
SilNWest wrote:
... You sir, are an idiot.

I skipped to the last page to see if there was any more Sherman news after reading the first blurb and that post made me glad that I did. What in his example made you automatically think "this guy is a tin-foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist."

All he said was INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. Everyone should reserve their judgement until all of the facts are made available. We don't know if the test was cross-contaminated. (2 players on the Seahawks tested positive for adderall as well, and that is entirely possible)



HE'S BEEN PROVEN GUILTY, NOW HE HAS TO FIND A WAY OUT OF IT, good thing Ryan Braun set the example for him already.

Dude, when you get a job (which I am sure you don't have) and you have to be drug tested...they don't say "well, sir (or ma'am), it looks like you test positive for marijuana, you are clearly innocent and didn't do anything wrong because of a random excuse you just told us".

You sir, are a moron. Its funny that everyone is jumping on me for claiming facts (he tested positive, someway, somehow), but you are supporting his very irrational excuse (that, by the way, HASNT BEEN CONFIRMED BY ANYONE) and telling me Im an idiot.


Actually in my opinion he is guilty, but thank god that opinion doesn't matter. The drug test doesn't offer him any way to defend himself, and I have known someone who tested positive for a drug test before who doesn't take drugs. Therefore, even though I believe Sherman guilty in the back of my mind, I am reserving final judgement until I hear all of the facts. That was the point I was trying to make, not that Sherman is innocent, but that you should reserve judgement until all the facts are out.

You're not an idiot for thinking he is guilty, you are an idiot for reading into any statement that revolves around taking in all the facts as something that only conspiracy theorists, or homers would do. That is an AMERICAN thing to do... idiot.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:59 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:07 am
Posts: 55
But this is not a jury. He is not on a legal trial for a crime. The point is, he tested positive for a banned substance. Any other job in the world, you would be fired or immediately reprimanded. The idea of "innocent until proven guilty" doesn't exist here. He tested positive, period.

Next, he has made up an excuse or whatever you would like to deem it, in order to get out of it. A claim, which to this point, has not been proven, verified, or accepted. And even if it is, it doesn't prove that he did not cheat.

Enjoy Auburn.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:01 pm 
* NET Shrink *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:04 pm
Posts: 1551
Location: Seattle, WA
MTS wrote:
First one lie and now another?

SMH, my god, man. Take your punishment and learn your lesson!

I am all for the Hawks being as good as possible, but one someone does something to get some type of advantage (one way or another), you need to pay. The fact that he is lying over and over and doing this is really disgraceful to this organization.

I hope he serves the sentence he definitely deserves. I hate liars and I hate cheaters, even if they are on my own team.

Another thing that is disheartening are all of the comments about "oh I hope he gets by". Really? No morals or sportsmanship or anything? I know this prescription drug isn't necessarily the most enhancing one available, but if it didn't do something, why did he take it?



Play the game. It is the system that has been constructed. If you're good at the game, beat the system.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:45 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
olyfan63 wrote:
Have any of the fools who think that "the authority is always right" ever been around a family court disputed custody case? Have you (addressing men here) ever been falsely accused of domestic violence, or even worse, falsely accused of rape? Have you had an ex in family court swear under oath to lies about how you supposedly "abused" your children? Do you understand how biased the process can be against innocent people, based on societal presumptions of "guilty until proven innocent" Yes, there are "lab tests" involved here, but it's sounding like the NFL is sloppy and disorganized and unprofessional about how they conduct their tests. Maybe someone with detailed knowledge of NFL testing protocols could provide a link to any details they have.
Have any of you ever heard of the Duke Lacrosse case, and how the players were convicted in the media, suspended from school, over bogus rape allegations.
Read this article about the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_lacrosse_case and come back and tell us how authority is always right, people in high official positions never lie, and the people accused are always guilty.
Sure, there are some differences in circumstances, but the point is that when people's livelihood and reputation are at stake, the evidence process better be damn good, not sloppy, and blind "trust in the authorities" leads to corruption and abuses like the Duke Lacrosse team.
For all we know, the $12/hour contract lab tech who took the sample is working for a company owned by a buddy of Goodell's, has some sort of sociopathic personality disorder, is a 49ers fan to boot, and decided to have a little fun, exercise a little power, by dropping a chunk of a banned substance into Sherman's sample. An organization as big and rich as the NFL has no excuse for running a sloppy and unprofessional testing program, if that's what we learn through this process. However, the information we're working with is extremely limited. Do you *blindly trust* the NFL authorities?


I have. Which is why I'm giving Sherman the benefit of MY doubt.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:58 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:53 am
Posts: 2300
An appeal is made after a verdict has been reached. Sherman was already fond guilty of violating the PEDs rule and given a punishment. Now he is appealing the finding, and if he loses, his punishment will be imposed. People who throw around the term "innocent until proven guilty" are not using it in the proper context here.

(Not to mention the fact that the phrase only applies to criminal law, not NFL administrative proceedings. And even then, it's not the true legal criminal burden of proof. The legal standard is "guilty beyond a reasonable doubt")


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:01 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm
Posts: 2362
ATTENTION!

The title of this thread is 'Update on Sherman,' NOT 'Is Sherman guilty or innocent.'

This reminds me of the early days of .net when a few choice posters (K-hawk & Ravenhawk come to mind) used to post such off-topic nonsense that sent threads spiraling out of control.

MTS: If you want to argue whether Sherm is guilty or innocent, I suggest starting a new thread with the appropriate topic.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:33 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:32 am
Posts: 1453
Location: Victoria BC
MTS wrote:
First one lie and now another?

SMH, my god, man. Take your punishment and learn your lesson!

I am all for the Hawks being as good as possible, but one someone does something to get some type of advantage (one way or another), you need to pay. The fact that he is lying over and over and doing this is really disgraceful to this organization.

I hope he serves the sentence he definitely deserves. I hate liars and I hate cheaters, even if they are on my own team.

Another thing that is disheartening are all of the comments about "oh I hope he gets by". Really? No morals or sportsmanship or anything? I know this prescription drug isn't necessarily the most enhancing one available, but if it didn't do something, why did he take it?

Excuse me how do you know it was a lie??? Were you there??? Yes it sounds far fetched but i cant stand todays society that lives on beliefs and not facts and evidence. You believe he is guilty and so you call it a lie with no proof whatsoever.

_________________
Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:41 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:05 pm
Posts: 365
I can think of multiple ways an open sample cup could contaminate the Sherman sample, especially if there were other tests there that were positive for Adderall. Who is to say maybe the open cup wasn't used in an attempted UA by one of the guys who did test positive, but only a small amount of urine was produced, not enough for a sample. Then the guy goes to drink some fluids, they place his cup down. Sherman is up next, bring his broken cup over, and the one just sat down was grabbed. That is just one example, and not too far fetched.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:47 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:44 am
Posts: 2524
Location: Naples, FL
MTS should catch a .NET beatdown.

_________________
Wolf grey all day every day.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:47 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:07 am
Posts: 55
rainger wrote:
Excuse me how do you know it was a lie??? Were you there??? Yes it sounds far fetched but i cant stand todays society that lives on beliefs and not facts and evidence. You believe he is guilty and so you call it a lie with no proof whatsoever.


No proof whatsoever?

Lol, you do know...his sample was POSITIVE, right? That's proof!

Just because he throws out a lame excuse that is Braun-like, doesn't mean he is "innocent". hahahahaha


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:47 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:08 pm
Posts: 286
Location: Grand Forks
HawKnPeppa wrote:
ATTENTION!

The title of this thread is 'Update on Sherman,' NOT 'Is Sherman guilty or innocent.'

This reminds me of the early days of .net when a few choice posters (K-hawk & Ravenhawk come to mind) used to post such off-topic nonsense that sent threads spiraling out of control.

MTS: If you want to argue whether Sherm is guilty or innocent, I suggest starting a new thread with the appropriate topic.


I think it'd be better if one of the mods just changed the title of this thread. It's what it is about anyway.

_________________
It's payback, Russell Wilson falling way back
In the draft, turn nothing into something, still can make that


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:49 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:07 am
Posts: 55
HawKnPeppa wrote:
ATTENTION!

The title of this thread is 'Update on Sherman,' NOT 'Is Sherman guilty or innocent.'

This reminds me of the early days of .net when a few choice posters (K-hawk & Ravenhawk come to mind) used to post such off-topic nonsense that sent threads spiraling out of control.

MTS: If you want to argue whether Sherm is guilty or innocent, I suggest starting a new thread with the appropriate topic.



If this is true, this thread is one post long. Great discussion.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Update on sherman
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:57 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:32 am
Posts: 1453
Location: Victoria BC
MTS wrote:
rainger wrote:
Excuse me how do you know it was a lie??? Were you there??? Yes it sounds far fetched but i cant stand todays society that lives on beliefs and not facts and evidence. You believe he is guilty and so you call it a lie with no proof whatsoever.


No proof whatsoever?

Lol, you do know...his sample was POSITIVE, right? That's proof!

Just because he throws out a lame excuse that is Braun-like, doesn't mean he is "innocent". hahahahaha

You are an idiot or a troll. (whoops sorry I am not alowed to call you an idiot even if you are, my bad) A positive result is not proof IF there is evidence that the positive test is contaminated.

YOU do not have that evidence that the test was NOT contaminated so YOU are wrong to call it a lie at this point in time.

This is the problem with so many in the world today they only belive what the media tells them to believe and form their beliefs not from facts but what they "feel".

No wonder the world is so screwed up today when there are so many walking around who think like this.

_________________
Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AbsolutNET, AlaskaHAWK, Anguish, ASuperForce, Atradees, Baba Ganoush, BadgerHawk, bearhawk, BigWig, Bitter, calihawk, edwardzhuk, Fudwamper, GeekHawk, Gifted1, Goodwin Seahawk, Google [Bot], gowazzu02, Greenhell, grizbob, Hawk_Nation, keatonisballin, Kixkahn, Largefarva, LargentFan, Lawke, loafoftatupu, longsh0t, Meeker, Missing_Clink, Mojambo, Nateruw, OahuHawkFan, OLYhawks, openureyez, Painhawk, Perfundle, raisethe3, RampagingMice, rideaducati, rj503, RolandDeschain, rpdan, salamander, SalishHawkFan, sam1313, seahawk12thman, Seahawkfan80, SeahawkFrost, Seahawks1983, Shadyhawk182, Shaz, Shirkophobe, slipwax, smoothmaw, SoulfishHawk, Spleenhawk2.0, suppaball, TDBinOLY, the ditch, theascension, theENGLISHseahawk, TheGreenMan, tjgamer555, Whiskeyjack44, Yahoo [Bot], ZagHawk, Zukistubbs and 246 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.