Update on sherman

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Update on sherman
Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:16 am
  • CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    Davehawk wrote:I think MTS is being fairly reasonable. I love my Seahawks, but if he did in fact cheat he needs to pay the pauper.

    I'm ok with waiting through the appeal process, but I definately lean towards him being guilty. Sounds like he's trying to get off on a technicality to me.

    Just my two cents.


    Where do you want the change sent?



    I don't know what you think....but this isn't very clever....

    :th2thumbs:
    MTS
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 55
    Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:07 am


Re: Update on sherman
Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:38 am
  • MTS wrote:First one lie and now another?

    SMH, my god, man. Take your punishment and learn your lesson!

    I am all for the Hawks being as good as possible, but one someone does something to get some type of advantage (one way or another), you need to pay. The fact that he is lying over and over and doing this is really disgraceful to this organization.

    I hope he serves the sentence he definitely deserves. I hate liars and I hate cheaters, even if they are on my own team.

    Another thing that is disheartening are all of the comments about "oh I hope he gets by". Really? No morals or sportsmanship or anything? I know this prescription drug isn't necessarily the most enhancing one available, but if it didn't do something, why did he take it?



    And you know this for a fact? With out a doubt? So you were there? Your post is a disgrace to Seahawks.net
    User avatar
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3491
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 10:07 am
    Location: Spokane, Wa


Re: Update on sherman
Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:43 am
  • CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    Davehawk wrote:I think MTS is being fairly reasonable. I love my Seahawks, but if he did in fact cheat he needs to pay the pauper.

    I'm ok with waiting through the appeal process, but I definately lean towards him being guilty. Sounds like he's trying to get off on a technicality to me.

    Just my two cents.


    Where do you want the change sent?


    ?
    Davehawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 113
    Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 12:01 pm
    Location: Washington


Re: Update on sherman
Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:43 am
  • MTS wrote:First one lie and now another?

    SMH, my god, man. Take your punishment and learn your lesson!


    The whole wrong water bottle thing was a rumor that was false, and Sherman said he had no clue where it came from. Get over your propped-up moral high ground with incorrect facts.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 25425
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Update on sherman
Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:02 pm
  • The cup thing is maybe reasonable if they did indeed use another cup.

    I mean Browner and Winston got hit too, but then why did Browner appeal...

    I just hope he get's cleared so other fans can't call him a cheater.
    User avatar
    JKent82
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3009
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:13 pm


Re: Update on sherman
Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:08 pm
  • Have any of the fools who think that "the authority is always right" ever been around a family court disputed custody case? Have you (addressing men here) ever been falsely accused of domestic violence, or even worse, falsely accused of rape? Have you had an ex in family court swear under oath to lies about how you supposedly "abused" your children? Do you understand how biased the process can be against innocent people, based on societal presumptions of "guilty until proven innocent" Yes, there are "lab tests" involved here, but it's sounding like the NFL is sloppy and disorganized and unprofessional about how they conduct their tests. Maybe someone with detailed knowledge of NFL testing protocols could provide a link to any details they have.
    Have any of you ever heard of the Duke Lacrosse case, and how the players were convicted in the media, suspended from school, over bogus rape allegations.
    Read this article about the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_lacrosse_case and come back and tell us how authority is always right, people in high official positions never lie, and the people accused are always guilty.
    Sure, there are some differences in circumstances, but the point is that when people's livelihood and reputation are at stake, the evidence process better be damn good, not sloppy, and blind "trust in the authorities" leads to corruption and abuses like the Duke Lacrosse team.
    For all we know, the $12/hour contract lab tech who took the sample is working for a company owned by a buddy of Goodell's, has some sort of sociopathic personality disorder, is a 49ers fan to boot, and decided to have a little fun, exercise a little power, by dropping a chunk of a banned substance into Sherman's sample. An organization as big and rich as the NFL has no excuse for running a sloppy and unprofessional testing program, if that's what we learn through this process. However, the information we're working with is extremely limited. Do you *blindly trust* the NFL authorities?
    User avatar
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 672
    Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:03 am


Re: Update on sherman
Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:09 pm
  • Im in the military and we do urinalysis all the time. If it works anyway like the military, there should have been a witness, if the witness testifies what sherm is saying is true...he will get off without punishment.
    12thManHawkFan
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 252
    Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:42 am


Re: Update on sherman
Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:14 pm
  • olyfan63 wrote:Have any of the fools who think that "the authority is always right" ever been around a family court disputed custody case? Have you (addressing men here) ever been falsely accused of domestic violence, or even worse, falsely accused of rape? Have you had an ex in family court swear under oath to lies about how you supposedly "abused" your children? Do you understand how biased the process can be against innocent people, based on societal presumptions of "guilty until proven innocent" Yes, there are "lab tests" involved here, but it's sounding like the NFL is sloppy and disorganized and unprofessional about how they conduct their tests. Maybe someone with detailed knowledge of NFL testing protocols could provide a link to any details they have.
    Have any of you ever heard of the Duke Lacrosse case, and how the players were convicted in the media, suspended from school, over bogus rape allegations.
    Read this article about the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_lacrosse_case and come back and tell us how authority is always right, people in high official positions never lie, and the people accused are always guilty.
    Sure, there are some differences in circumstances, but the point is that when people's livelihood and reputation are at stake, the evidence process better be damn good, not sloppy, and blind "trust in the authorities" leads to corruption and abuses like the Duke Lacrosse team.
    For all we know, the $12/hour contract lab tech who took the sample is working for a company owned by a buddy of Goodell's, has some sort of sociopathic personality disorder, is a 49ers fan to boot, and decided to have a little fun, exercise a little power, by dropping a chunk of a banned substance into Sherman's sample. An organization as big and rich as the NFL has no excuse for running a sloppy and unprofessional testing program, if that's what we learn through this process. However, the information we're working with is extremely limited. Do you *blindly trust* the NFL authorities?




    So, you think the NFL choooses random players and decided to punish them? "Oh, look at the Richard Sherman guy, we hate him, lace his test with Adderall! Do it with Brandon Browner's too, but he will just take the ban because he is a pushover!"

    If this is what you believe, don't have children.

    And why Sherman? Why not someone like Russell Wilson or Lynch or Tate or Rice? Poor, poor little baby Sherman! All he does is keep his mouth closed and play a respectable game for an honest and decent living!

    Get real.
    MTS
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 55
    Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:07 am


Re: Update on sherman
Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:14 pm
  • MTS wrote:
    BocciHawk wrote:Hair test would be meaningless for any amphetamine.

    Honestly the more I hear about all this the more I think the NFL has a lame testing system. Cycling takes multiple samples, and keeps the others on ice until appeals are resolved. The simple fact they don't have a second sample to go to is just mind boggling. It's also very questionable that the sample was placed in another vessel, as no hands or anything should come in contact with the fluid... if a guy took the sample, was handling it, getting urine on his hands, then the sweat and anything else from his hands is getting into the sample, too, even while he's putting the sample in another cup. It's tainted, pure and simple.

    I've stated before and again that a good outcome from this would be that Sherman gets off, and the NFL restructures and improves their testing to bring it in line with other world class sports...



    Sherman should have complained about the faulty testing and took the sample again on the spot....

    Or would he have no excuse for later then?

    We have no way of knowing whether he complained on the spot or not.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    User avatar
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 4779
    Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:40 am
    Location: Southern CA


Re: Update on sherman
Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:15 pm
  • morgulon1 wrote:
    MTS wrote:First one lie and now another?

    SMH, my god, man. Take your punishment and learn your lesson!

    I am all for the Hawks being as good as possible, but one someone does something to get some type of advantage (one way or another), you need to pay. The fact that he is lying over and over and doing this is really disgraceful to this organization.

    I hope he serves the sentence he definitely deserves. I hate liars and I hate cheaters, even if they are on my own team.

    Another thing that is disheartening are all of the comments about "oh I hope he gets by". Really? No morals or sportsmanship or anything? I know this prescription drug isn't necessarily the most enhancing one available, but if it didn't do something, why did he take it?



    And you know this for a fact? With out a doubt? So you were there? Your post is a disgrace to Seahawks.net



    U mad bro? :th2thumbs:
    MTS
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 55
    Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:07 am


Re: Update on sherman
Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:19 pm
  • MTS wrote:
    olyfan63 wrote:Have any of the fools who think that "the authority is always right" ever been around a family court disputed custody case? Have you (addressing men here) ever been falsely accused of domestic violence, or even worse, falsely accused of rape? Have you had an ex in family court swear under oath to lies about how you supposedly "abused" your children? Do you understand how biased the process can be against innocent people, based on societal presumptions of "guilty until proven innocent" Yes, there are "lab tests" involved here, but it's sounding like the NFL is sloppy and disorganized and unprofessional about how they conduct their tests. Maybe someone with detailed knowledge of NFL testing protocols could provide a link to any details they have.
    Have any of you ever heard of the Duke Lacrosse case, and how the players were convicted in the media, suspended from school, over bogus rape allegations.
    Read this article about the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_lacrosse_case and come back and tell us how authority is always right, people in high official positions never lie, and the people accused are always guilty.
    Sure, there are some differences in circumstances, but the point is that when people's livelihood and reputation are at stake, the evidence process better be damn good, not sloppy, and blind "trust in the authorities" leads to corruption and abuses like the Duke Lacrosse team.
    For all we know, the $12/hour contract lab tech who took the sample is working for a company owned by a buddy of Goodell's, has some sort of sociopathic personality disorder, is a 49ers fan to boot, and decided to have a little fun, exercise a little power, by dropping a chunk of a banned substance into Sherman's sample. An organization as big and rich as the NFL has no excuse for running a sloppy and unprofessional testing program, if that's what we learn through this process. However, the information we're working with is extremely limited. Do you *blindly trust* the NFL authorities?




    So, you think the NFL choooses random players and decided to punish them? "Oh, look at the Richard Sherman guy, we hate him, lace his test with Adderall! Do it with Brandon Browner's too, but he will just take the ban because he is a pushover!"

    If this is what you believe, don't have children.

    And why Sherman? Why not someone like Russell Wilson or Lynch or Tate or Rice? Poor, poor little baby Sherman! All he does is keep his mouth closed and play a respectable game for an honest and decent living!

    Get real.

    Hahahaha MTS go away!
    BAllenHawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 276
    Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 10:45 am
    Location: Tri-Cities, WA


Re: Update on sherman
Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:21 pm
  • MTS wrote:
    So, you think the NFL choooses random players and decided to punish them? "Oh, look at the Richard Sherman guy, we hate him, lace his test with Adderall! Do it with Brandon Browner's too, but he will just take the ban because he is a pushover!"

    If this is what you believe, don't have children.

    And why Sherman? Why not someone like Russell Wilson or Lynch or Tate or Rice? Poor, poor little baby Sherman! All he does is keep his mouth closed and play a respectable game for an honest and decent living!

    Get real.


    This guy MTS is a moron troll. I recommend everyone put him on their ignore list and stop responding to anything he posts. Go away, fool.

    To ignore that fool: Click on his "Profile" link at the bottom of his post. This brings up the "Viewing Profile" page for him. Under the poster's photo, there is a link, "Add foe". Click it, answer the "do you really want to do this" question, and you won't see his posts any more. Ahh, much better. :-) Don't feed the troll!
    Last edited by olyfan63 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    User avatar
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 672
    Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:03 am


Re: Update on sherman
Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:22 pm
  • BAllenHawk wrote:
    MTS wrote:
    olyfan63 wrote:Have any of the fools who think that "the authority is always right" ever been around a family court disputed custody case? Have you (addressing men here) ever been falsely accused of domestic violence, or even worse, falsely accused of rape? Have you had an ex in family court swear under oath to lies about how you supposedly "abused" your children? Do you understand how biased the process can be against innocent people, based on societal presumptions of "guilty until proven innocent" Yes, there are "lab tests" involved here, but it's sounding like the NFL is sloppy and disorganized and unprofessional about how they conduct their tests. Maybe someone with detailed knowledge of NFL testing protocols could provide a link to any details they have.
    Have any of you ever heard of the Duke Lacrosse case, and how the players were convicted in the media, suspended from school, over bogus rape allegations.
    Read this article about the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_lacrosse_case and come back and tell us how authority is always right, people in high official positions never lie, and the people accused are always guilty.
    Sure, there are some differences in circumstances, but the point is that when people's livelihood and reputation are at stake, the evidence process better be damn good, not sloppy, and blind "trust in the authorities" leads to corruption and abuses like the Duke Lacrosse team.
    For all we know, the $12/hour contract lab tech who took the sample is working for a company owned by a buddy of Goodell's, has some sort of sociopathic personality disorder, is a 49ers fan to boot, and decided to have a little fun, exercise a little power, by dropping a chunk of a banned substance into Sherman's sample. An organization as big and rich as the NFL has no excuse for running a sloppy and unprofessional testing program, if that's what we learn through this process. However, the information we're working with is extremely limited. Do you *blindly trust* the NFL authorities?




    So, you think the NFL choooses random players and decided to punish them? "Oh, look at the Richard Sherman guy, we hate him, lace his test with Adderall! Do it with Brandon Browner's too, but he will just take the ban because he is a pushover!"

    If this is what you believe, don't have children.

    And why Sherman? Why not someone like Russell Wilson or Lynch or Tate or Rice? Poor, poor little baby Sherman! All he does is keep his mouth closed and play a respectable game for an honest and decent living!

    Get real.

    Hahahaha MTS go away!



    NO! :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :3-1: :17: :thirishdrinkers:
    MTS
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 55
    Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:07 am


Re: Update on sherman
Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:25 pm
  • MTS wrote:
    olyfan63 wrote:Have any of the fools who think that "the authority is always right" ever been around a family court disputed custody case? Have you (addressing men here) ever been falsely accused of domestic violence, or even worse, falsely accused of rape? Have you had an ex in family court swear under oath to lies about how you supposedly "abused" your children? Do you understand how biased the process can be against innocent people, based on societal presumptions of "guilty until proven innocent" Yes, there are "lab tests" involved here, but it's sounding like the NFL is sloppy and disorganized and unprofessional about how they conduct their tests. Maybe someone with detailed knowledge of NFL testing protocols could provide a link to any details they have.
    Have any of you ever heard of the Duke Lacrosse case, and how the players were convicted in the media, suspended from school, over bogus rape allegations.
    Read this article about the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_lacrosse_case and come back and tell us how authority is always right, people in high official positions never lie, and the people accused are always guilty.
    Sure, there are some differences in circumstances, but the point is that when people's livelihood and reputation are at stake, the evidence process better be damn good, not sloppy, and blind "trust in the authorities" leads to corruption and abuses like the Duke Lacrosse team.
    For all we know, the $12/hour contract lab tech who took the sample is working for a company owned by a buddy of Goodell's, has some sort of sociopathic personality disorder, is a 49ers fan to boot, and decided to have a little fun, exercise a little power, by dropping a chunk of a banned substance into Sherman's sample. An organization as big and rich as the NFL has no excuse for running a sloppy and unprofessional testing program, if that's what we learn through this process. However, the information we're working with is extremely limited. Do you *blindly trust* the NFL authorities?




    So, you think the NFL choooses random players and decided to punish them? "Oh, look at the Richard Sherman guy, we hate him, lace his test with Adderall! Do it with Brandon Browner's too, but he will just take the ban because he is a pushover!"

    If this is what you believe, don't have children.

    And why Sherman? Why not someone like Russell Wilson or Lynch or Tate or Rice? Poor, poor little baby Sherman! All he does is keep his mouth closed and play a respectable game for an honest and decent living!

    Get real.


    ... You sir, are an idiot.

    I skipped to the last page to see if there was any more Sherman news after reading the first blurb and that post made me glad that I did. What in his example made you automatically think "this guy is a tin-foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist."

    All he said was INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. Everyone should reserve their judgement until all of the facts are made available. We don't know if the test was cross-contaminated. (2 players on the Seahawks tested positive for adderall as well, and that is entirely possible)
    User avatar
    SilNWest
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 689
    Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:51 am
    Location: Auburn, Wa


Re: Update on sherman
Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:33 pm
  • Sherman trying to pull a Ryan Braun.
    heyu123
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 324
    Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:30 pm


Re: Update on sherman
Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:38 pm
  • SilNWest wrote:... You sir, are an idiot.

    I skipped to the last page to see if there was any more Sherman news after reading the first blurb and that post made me glad that I did. What in his example made you automatically think "this guy is a tin-foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist."

    All he said was INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. Everyone should reserve their judgement until all of the facts are made available. We don't know if the test was cross-contaminated. (2 players on the Seahawks tested positive for adderall as well, and that is entirely possible)



    HE'S BEEN PROVEN GUILTY, NOW HE HAS TO FIND A WAY OUT OF IT, good thing Ryan Braun set the example for him already.

    Dude, when you get a job (which I am sure you don't have) and you have to be drug tested...they don't say "well, sir (or ma'am), it looks like you test positive for marijuana, you are clearly innocent and didn't do anything wrong because of a random excuse you just told us".

    You sir, are a moron. Its funny that everyone is jumping on me for claiming facts (he tested positive, someway, somehow), but you are supporting his very irrational excuse (that, by the way, HASNT BEEN CONFIRMED BY ANYONE) and telling me Im an idiot.
    MTS
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 55
    Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:07 am


Re: Update on sherman
Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:49 pm
  • olyfan63 wrote:
    This guy MTS is a moron troll. I recommend everyone put him on their ignore list and stop responding to anything he posts. Go away, fool.

    To ignore that fool: Click on his "Profile" link at the bottom of his post. This brings up the "Viewing Profile" page for him. Under the poster's photo, there is a link, "Add foe". Click it, answer the "do you really want to do this" question, and you won't see his posts any more. Ahh, much better. :-) Don't feed the troll!


    Ahh, much better indeed. Thanks! Now the Chiefs fan can go back to rooting for that stellar organization... or not... but I won't waste another second on that nonsense either way.
    Image
    User avatar
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1513
    Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:30 pm
    Location: Olympia


Re: Update on sherman
Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:51 pm
  • MTS wrote:
    SilNWest wrote:... You sir, are an idiot.

    I skipped to the last page to see if there was any more Sherman news after reading the first blurb and that post made me glad that I did. What in his example made you automatically think "this guy is a tin-foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist."

    All he said was INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. Everyone should reserve their judgement until all of the facts are made available. We don't know if the test was cross-contaminated. (2 players on the Seahawks tested positive for adderall as well, and that is entirely possible)



    HE'S BEEN PROVEN GUILTY, NOW HE HAS TO FIND A WAY OUT OF IT, good thing Ryan Braun set the example for him already.

    Dude, when you get a job (which I am sure you don't have) and you have to be drug tested...they don't say "well, sir (or ma'am), it looks like you test positive for marijuana, you are clearly innocent and didn't do anything wrong because of a random excuse you just told us".

    You sir, are a moron. Its funny that everyone is jumping on me for claiming facts (he tested positive, someway, somehow), but you are supporting his very irrational excuse (that, by the way, HASNT BEEN CONFIRMED BY ANYONE) and telling me Im an idiot.


    Actually in my opinion he is guilty, but thank god that opinion doesn't matter. The drug test doesn't offer him any way to defend himself, and I have known someone who tested positive for a drug test before who doesn't take drugs. Therefore, even though I believe Sherman guilty in the back of my mind, I am reserving final judgement until I hear all of the facts. That was the point I was trying to make, not that Sherman is innocent, but that you should reserve judgement until all the facts are out.

    You're not an idiot for thinking he is guilty, you are an idiot for reading into any statement that revolves around taking in all the facts as something that only conspiracy theorists, or homers would do. That is an AMERICAN thing to do... idiot.
    User avatar
    SilNWest
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 689
    Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:51 am
    Location: Auburn, Wa


Re: Update on sherman
Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:59 pm
  • But this is not a jury. He is not on a legal trial for a crime. The point is, he tested positive for a banned substance. Any other job in the world, you would be fired or immediately reprimanded. The idea of "innocent until proven guilty" doesn't exist here. He tested positive, period.

    Next, he has made up an excuse or whatever you would like to deem it, in order to get out of it. A claim, which to this point, has not been proven, verified, or accepted. And even if it is, it doesn't prove that he did not cheat.

    Enjoy Auburn.
    MTS
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 55
    Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:07 am


Re: Update on sherman
Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:01 pm
  • MTS wrote:First one lie and now another?

    SMH, my god, man. Take your punishment and learn your lesson!

    I am all for the Hawks being as good as possible, but one someone does something to get some type of advantage (one way or another), you need to pay. The fact that he is lying over and over and doing this is really disgraceful to this organization.

    I hope he serves the sentence he definitely deserves. I hate liars and I hate cheaters, even if they are on my own team.

    Another thing that is disheartening are all of the comments about "oh I hope he gets by". Really? No morals or sportsmanship or anything? I know this prescription drug isn't necessarily the most enhancing one available, but if it didn't do something, why did he take it?



    Play the game. It is the system that has been constructed. If you're good at the game, beat the system.
    User avatar
    OneLofaTatupu
    * NET Shrink *
     
    Posts: 1560
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:04 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: Update on sherman
Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:45 pm
  • olyfan63 wrote:Have any of the fools who think that "the authority is always right" ever been around a family court disputed custody case? Have you (addressing men here) ever been falsely accused of domestic violence, or even worse, falsely accused of rape? Have you had an ex in family court swear under oath to lies about how you supposedly "abused" your children? Do you understand how biased the process can be against innocent people, based on societal presumptions of "guilty until proven innocent" Yes, there are "lab tests" involved here, but it's sounding like the NFL is sloppy and disorganized and unprofessional about how they conduct their tests. Maybe someone with detailed knowledge of NFL testing protocols could provide a link to any details they have.
    Have any of you ever heard of the Duke Lacrosse case, and how the players were convicted in the media, suspended from school, over bogus rape allegations.
    Read this article about the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_lacrosse_case and come back and tell us how authority is always right, people in high official positions never lie, and the people accused are always guilty.
    Sure, there are some differences in circumstances, but the point is that when people's livelihood and reputation are at stake, the evidence process better be damn good, not sloppy, and blind "trust in the authorities" leads to corruption and abuses like the Duke Lacrosse team.
    For all we know, the $12/hour contract lab tech who took the sample is working for a company owned by a buddy of Goodell's, has some sort of sociopathic personality disorder, is a 49ers fan to boot, and decided to have a little fun, exercise a little power, by dropping a chunk of a banned substance into Sherman's sample. An organization as big and rich as the NFL has no excuse for running a sloppy and unprofessional testing program, if that's what we learn through this process. However, the information we're working with is extremely limited. Do you *blindly trust* the NFL authorities?


    I have. Which is why I'm giving Sherman the benefit of MY doubt.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 9930
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Update on sherman
Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:58 pm
  • An appeal is made after a verdict has been reached. Sherman was already fond guilty of violating the PEDs rule and given a punishment. Now he is appealing the finding, and if he loses, his punishment will be imposed. People who throw around the term "innocent until proven guilty" are not using it in the proper context here.

    (Not to mention the fact that the phrase only applies to criminal law, not NFL administrative proceedings. And even then, it's not the true legal criminal burden of proof. The legal standard is "guilty beyond a reasonable doubt")
    User avatar
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2403
    Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:53 am


Re: Update on sherman
Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:01 pm
  • ATTENTION!

    The title of this thread is 'Update on Sherman,' NOT 'Is Sherman guilty or innocent.'

    This reminds me of the early days of .net when a few choice posters (K-hawk & Ravenhawk come to mind) used to post such off-topic nonsense that sent threads spiraling out of control.

    MTS: If you want to argue whether Sherm is guilty or innocent, I suggest starting a new thread with the appropriate topic.
    User avatar
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2624
    Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm


Re: Update on sherman
Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:33 pm
  • MTS wrote:First one lie and now another?

    SMH, my god, man. Take your punishment and learn your lesson!

    I am all for the Hawks being as good as possible, but one someone does something to get some type of advantage (one way or another), you need to pay. The fact that he is lying over and over and doing this is really disgraceful to this organization.

    I hope he serves the sentence he definitely deserves. I hate liars and I hate cheaters, even if they are on my own team.

    Another thing that is disheartening are all of the comments about "oh I hope he gets by". Really? No morals or sportsmanship or anything? I know this prescription drug isn't necessarily the most enhancing one available, but if it didn't do something, why did he take it?

    Excuse me how do you know it was a lie??? Were you there??? Yes it sounds far fetched but i cant stand todays society that lives on beliefs and not facts and evidence. You believe he is guilty and so you call it a lie with no proof whatsoever.
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    User avatar
    rainger
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1696
    Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:32 am
    Location: Victoria BC


Re: Update on sherman
Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:41 pm
  • I can think of multiple ways an open sample cup could contaminate the Sherman sample, especially if there were other tests there that were positive for Adderall. Who is to say maybe the open cup wasn't used in an attempted UA by one of the guys who did test positive, but only a small amount of urine was produced, not enough for a sample. Then the guy goes to drink some fluids, they place his cup down. Sherman is up next, bring his broken cup over, and the one just sat down was grabbed. That is just one example, and not too far fetched.
    Image
    User avatar
    slargent4ever
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 367
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:05 pm


Re: Update on sherman
Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:47 pm
  • MTS should catch a .NET beatdown.
    Wolf grey all day every day.
    User avatar
    VHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2524
    Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:44 am
    Location: Naples, FL


Re: Update on sherman
Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:47 pm
  • rainger wrote:Excuse me how do you know it was a lie??? Were you there??? Yes it sounds far fetched but i cant stand todays society that lives on beliefs and not facts and evidence. You believe he is guilty and so you call it a lie with no proof whatsoever.


    No proof whatsoever?

    Lol, you do know...his sample was POSITIVE, right? That's proof!

    Just because he throws out a lame excuse that is Braun-like, doesn't mean he is "innocent". hahahahaha
    MTS
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 55
    Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:07 am


Re: Update on sherman
Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:47 pm
  • HawKnPeppa wrote:ATTENTION!

    The title of this thread is 'Update on Sherman,' NOT 'Is Sherman guilty or innocent.'

    This reminds me of the early days of .net when a few choice posters (K-hawk & Ravenhawk come to mind) used to post such off-topic nonsense that sent threads spiraling out of control.

    MTS: If you want to argue whether Sherm is guilty or innocent, I suggest starting a new thread with the appropriate topic.


    I think it'd be better if one of the mods just changed the title of this thread. It's what it is about anyway.
    It's payback, Russell Wilson falling way back
    In the draft, turn nothing into something, still can make that
    Will I
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 289
    Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:08 pm
    Location: Grand Forks


Re: Update on sherman
Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:49 pm
  • HawKnPeppa wrote:ATTENTION!

    The title of this thread is 'Update on Sherman,' NOT 'Is Sherman guilty or innocent.'

    This reminds me of the early days of .net when a few choice posters (K-hawk & Ravenhawk come to mind) used to post such off-topic nonsense that sent threads spiraling out of control.

    MTS: If you want to argue whether Sherm is guilty or innocent, I suggest starting a new thread with the appropriate topic.



    If this is true, this thread is one post long. Great discussion.
    MTS
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 55
    Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:07 am


Re: Update on sherman
Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:57 pm
  • MTS wrote:
    rainger wrote:Excuse me how do you know it was a lie??? Were you there??? Yes it sounds far fetched but i cant stand todays society that lives on beliefs and not facts and evidence. You believe he is guilty and so you call it a lie with no proof whatsoever.


    No proof whatsoever?

    Lol, you do know...his sample was POSITIVE, right? That's proof!

    Just because he throws out a lame excuse that is Braun-like, doesn't mean he is "innocent". hahahahaha

    You are an idiot or a troll. (whoops sorry I am not alowed to call you an idiot even if you are, my bad) A positive result is not proof IF there is evidence that the positive test is contaminated.

    YOU do not have that evidence that the test was NOT contaminated so YOU are wrong to call it a lie at this point in time.

    This is the problem with so many in the world today they only belive what the media tells them to believe and form their beliefs not from facts but what they "feel".

    No wonder the world is so screwed up today when there are so many walking around who think like this.
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    User avatar
    rainger
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1696
    Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:32 am
    Location: Victoria BC


Previous


It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:27 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online
cron