Not sure if I understand this (can we win the division?)

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
OK, let's just assume both SF and we win our last games. I can't imagine San Francisco losing to the Arizona team I saw us play, even if they sat most of their starters. I think we'll beat the Lambs, but they are getting better and present more of a challenge than the lowly Tards.

So if we win tomorrow, that would put us at 11-5, but it would put SF at 11-4-1, plus their division record is better. So am I correct in the assumption that a wildcard is likely the best we can hope for no matter what?

TheHawkDoc

Reaction score
If Seattle wins out and SF loses out, we win the division. Unlikely that SF would lose at home to AZ but not impossible. Any other scenario and Seattle is a wildcard at best.

Chapow

Reaction score
The only way we can win the division is to win our two remaining games while SF loses their two remaining games.

I don't think that is very likely either (that SF will lose to Arizona).

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, this is where those games in Detroit and Miami just kill us. However, it's in the past, and as far as I'm concerned, tomorrow night is the true start of the Playoffs.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
If we win more games than the other teams in our division in the allotted time frame known as the regular season, then we will indeed be division champs. We will then move into the post season, which is also known as the playoffs. In the playoffs, it is sudden death elimination. If you lose a game your season is over. If you win you advance to the next round. Eventually the representative from the American Football Conference will play the representative champion of the National Football Conference. The winner of this Super Bowl will be the champion of the National Football League.

nategreat

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":17yurwmu said:
If we win more games than the other teams in our division in the allotted time frame known as the regular season, then we will indeed be division champs. We will then move into the post season, which is also known as the playoffs. In the playoffs, it is sudden death elimination. If you lose a game your season is over. If you win you advance to the next round. Eventually the representative from the American Football Conference will play the representative champion of the National Football Conference. The winner of this Super Bowl will be the champion of the National Football League.

Thanks man! I was so confused!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Excellent, now I understand. I didn't realize Ron Fairley was on this board :)

"If you score more than the other team.........you're gonna' win the game"

rastahawk

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":dihnq1pn said:

Thankyou John Madden.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":s6ewfqps said:
Yep, this is where those games in Detroit and Miami just kill us. However, it's in the past, and as far as I'm concerned, tomorrow night is the true start of the Playoffs.

And our early season loss to STL and PHX. Oh well, rebuilding woes.

Twisted

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3lx24rf8 said:

no it was the game in SF, should have won that one... the red headed step child thing ;)

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
We want the 5th seed or the #2 seed. not the #3 seed.... so it needs to go down in the following..
To get the #2 seed and have a 1st round bye, Green bay and san fran must each lose one of their last 2 games. and seattle must win out.
to Get the #3 seed seattle needs to win out and san fran lose out.
to get the #5 seed. .seattle needs to win out.

IF the season ended today... the 5th seed would most likely end up like this through the play offs
Most likely the 5th seed is the easiest path for us.. all 3 road games.. if today would be Sea @ Washington, than Sea @ Atlanta than Sea @ san fran

I think anyhow

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Do we get to vote for these representatives of the conferences?

morgulon1

Reaction score
rastahawk":39fq23ie said:
Hawk Strap":39fq23ie said:

Thankyou John Madden.

What about Brett Farve? John Madden, do you like Brett Farve?

BASF

Reaction score
hawkfan1975":273e7xj2 said:
SoulfishHawk":273e7xj2 said:

And our early season loss to STL and PHX. Oh well, rebuilding woes.

As much as anyone (not just the quoted poster) wants claim rebuilding woes, we only had one new starter on defense this season and we had fourth quarter leads in four of our five losses. That is a defense that didn't get the job done when it counted.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
The tie game was deadly....

DAMN YOU LAMBS!!!!!!!!!!

or we can play the Lions and Dolphins game.

Yes I was at the worst game of the Seahawks this year, it sucked, except Leon's kickoff return and 1st Quarter defense.