Irvin on spy?

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
I'm thinking thAt on second and long and third and long we could load the box and make it look like blitz, then hAve all LBs except Wagner drop into coverage with Irvin spying kap. It would be a 4 man rush, with 6 in coverage (3 deep) and a spy to take away his running. This way, the DB can turn their backs to the ball and not worry about a qb run behind them. Irvin's speed matches well with kaep, and in their version of read option he could eliminate the option of kap running.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I am a big fan of spying the QB who is mobile and doesn't like pressure. But I think you need to mix it up and have it come from different places, but it doesn't hurt to just have somebody doing it the majority of the time if he's a threat to score with his feet.

This is why I'd love a guy like Kyle Van Noy. I've watched him spy QB's and have them look absolutely defeated 2 series into the game. You've got to get to this guy early and often... whatever we employed against Rodgers is what we need to do, and then have an alternate plan for later when they inevitably adjust (as Green Bay did).

lukerguy

Reaction score
It will be Wagner- who had his 2nd best game of the year vs Carolina.

Basis4day

Reaction score
From what i have gleamed from Pete, this is going to be on Wagner and Wright.They know the option from college and not being as isolated from it as our lineman,.