Question- who copied who?

hawksfan515

Reaction score
No one really copied the other. That would just be stupid, and there is clearly different philosophies.

That said, we clearly started first. Not sure how they can argue they started first, as Pete Carroll was hired one year before Harbaugh.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Here is what is funny about that: I have ahd Niner fans both tell me that we copied Harbaugh's Niners even though Pete started his rebuild while Harbaugh was still at Stanford, and then tell me that Harbaugh did not inherit a talented roster. The two statements are at odds.

grizrgood

Reaction score
While there are definitely some similar aspects of the two teams, there are a ton of differences as well. I think most football knowledgeable fans can easily see that.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
grizrgood":c3zsu49y said:
While there are definitely some similar aspects of the two teams, there are a ton of differences as well. I think most football knowledgeable fans can easily see that.

yeah... mainly the defenses. No one really has a defense quite like ours.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
Pete and john pretty much turned over our entire team they inherited..
hairball intherited an awesome team that didn't play well and made it work as it should have worked.. THus making use of what he had... Seattle Built there team niners copied.
Period

OP
OP
T

travlinhawk

Reaction score
The way I remember it is that Singletary was adding some pretty good talent to that team for a while before he got the boot. We obviously had one of the biggest most complete rebuilds that I can remember just prior to Harbaugh getting the job. Singletary couldn't get them over the hump- In comes Harbaugh all the while PC & JS are finding our future. Thanks guys-

grizbob

Reaction score
Pete had to make a cake from scratch, while Harbaugh got to take over with the cake already in the oven :49ersmall:

seahawk2k

Reaction score
The Niners were absolutely loaded with talent when Harbaugh got there, so, I guess as far as personnel, the 49ers built a big defense first.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
grizbob":126lhgty said:
Pete had to make a cake from scratch, while Harbaugh got to take over with the cake already in the oven :49ersmall:
I saw what you did there :roll: .......................................................................................And I 200% :th2thumbs: agree

Ruminator

Reaction score
Even if one team copied game philosophies from another (which I doubt), and/or even if the Seahawks/49ers have many similarities in the way they play, it is STILL pretty bizarre how identical/similar many of their stats are. Normally two teams that prescribe to the same style of play still end up with relatively different stats.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Yeah, the 9ers came up with the idea of building a strong, fast defense with a downhill running game and an efficient passing game.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":yft1dzc0 said:
Here is what is funny about that: I have ahd Niner fans both tell me that we copied Harbaugh's Niners even though Pete started his rebuild while Harbaugh was still at Stanford, and then tell me that Harbaugh did not inherit a talented roster. The two statements are at odds.

The second one is way off base it's laughable. At least the first one is understandable if you didn't follow the Seahawks closely. But heck, I'm not even a 49ers fan and I knew exactly how loaded that roster was. With Mike Singletary, who was maybe the worst coach in the NFL, they destroyed the soon to be division winning Seahawks 40-21 in 2010. Think about it. How many players on the current 49ers team were drafted by Harbaugh? Kaepernick, Aldon Smith... it's not a terribly long list. It's pretty flippin' obvious that he inherited a very good team that was very weak at QB. He put Smith in position to succeed, and that's pretty much all he had to do.

Twisted

Reaction score
um the Seahawks haven't given up 4 straight TDs all season? COPY THAT!!!

had to... the Niners, lol

BASF

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":28sl7sd4 said:
Yeah, the 9ers came up with the idea of building a strong, fast defense with a downhill running game and an efficient passing game.

Absolut wins the internet for the day. The teams that feature these things have been the successful franchises for decades.

CPHawk

Reaction score
If we had copied the 9ers, it would have taken us 10 years to be a playoff contender. We skipped right over that part of the rebuild, unlike them.

CHawks4L

Reaction score
Not too mention, it wasn't until RussWilson proved success that Harbaugh decided it was time to try out the youth with higher ceiling and lower floor, at the same position. This was clear cut, copycat to the ballsy move Pete made during preseason.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
We copied the Niners, LOL!

The Niners after 10 or so years of being in the NFL wilderness and getting early draft picks finally reached critical mass with all their early draft picks. J&P have taken our favourite team and turned it around in three short years after Ruskell took just three season after 2005 to cripple it. No copying at all.

We all need to ignore these SF trolls who are easily as annoying as Rams fans were prior to 2004. There is no question the Niners are now a very good team but it has been a long road back to respectability for them.

For the Hawks it finally appears there may be a future that doesn't involve constant mediocrity. It's been fun watch JS and PC massage the roster incrementally adding depth while drafting well to add quite a few especially talented player who are now fulfilling their draft promise or surpassing it. All these small steps over a far shorter period than taken by the 9ers have lead suddenly to a quantum leap forward for yhe Hawks with the exceptional performance of RW. There are lots of others who after coming here have created this team. They are maybe not as well recognized by the national media as the guys from SF just yet, but the Hawks are now a young talented team that has solid depth. Those unrecognized as exceptional will soon get that recognition after just few more W's

The future look bright, a future championship team is being built here.

Disp

Reaction score
kearly":1easix9l said:
Think about it. How many players on the current 49ers team were drafted by Harbaugh? Kaepernick, Aldon Smith... it's not a terribly long list. It's pretty flippin' obvious that he inherited a very good team that was very weak at QB. He put Smith in position to succeed, and that's pretty much all he had to do.

Drafted:
Aldon Smith
Colin Kaepernick
Chris Culliver
Kendall Hunter
Bruce Miller
Lamichael James

Free Agents:
Carlos Rogers
Donte Whitner
Mario Manningham
Randy Moss
Jonathan Goodwin

Backups promoted to starters:
Navorro Bowman
Alex Boone

There have been plenty of players added in the Harbaugh/Baalke era who are starters or backups that see extensive playing time. None of the players listed were starters pre-Harbaugh. Seattle drafted a lot of talent and the front office has done a very good job, but to pretend Harbaugh just walked into a plethora of pro bowl quality starters in place is naive. They've made extensive roster changes.

VaSfan4life

Reaction score
Disp":so0y5c7p said:
kearly":so0y5c7p said:
Think about it. How many players on the current 49ers team were drafted by Harbaugh? Kaepernick, Aldon Smith... it's not a terribly long list. It's pretty flippin' obvious that he inherited a very good team that was very weak at QB. He put Smith in position to succeed, and that's pretty much all he had to do.

Drafted:
Aldon Smith
Colin Kaepernick
Chris Culliver
Kendall Hunter
Bruce Miller
Lamichael James

Free Agents:
Carlos Rogers
Donte Whitner
Mario Manningham
Randy Moss
Jonathan Goodwin

Backups promoted to starters:
Navorro Bowman
Alex Boone

There have been plenty of players added in the Harbaugh/Baalke era who are starters or backups that see extensive playing time. None of the players listed were starters pre-Harbaugh. Seattle drafted a lot of talent and the front office has done a very good job, but to pretend Harbaugh just walked into a plethora of pro bowl quality starters in place is naive. They've made extensive roster changes.
No why in the world would u go stating facts,,, sont u know these hawks fans love to make up shit to fit there hate if our team... to say Harbaugh Did nothing and just walked iun and coached a team is ridiculous... What he did with Alex Smith is almost better than anything Pete has done in the NFL lol