Simmons: "Is there a reason Wilson isn't in ROY discussion?"

SeaTown81

Reaction score
I'm a realist. Going up against glory boys, Luck & RG3, I don't expect Wilson to actually win ROY. All I want is for Russell to be recognized as in the picture. This from Bill Simmons' latest:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/876 ... y-mailbagl

By the way, is there a reason Russell Wilson isn't being mentioned for Rookie of the Year?

Wilson: 2,697 yards, 21 TDs, 9 INTs, 95.5 rating, 68.7 QBR, 402 rushing yards (3 TDs), 9-5 record.

Luck: 3,978 yards, 20 TDs, 18 INTs, 75.5 rating, 65.5 QBR, 233 rushing yards (5 TDs), 9-5 record.

Griffin: 2,902 yards, 18 TDs, 4 INTs, 104.2 rating, 71.3 QBR, 748 rushing yards (6 TDs), 7-6 record.

Can we at least say Griffin is leading, but it's still up in the air? Also, check out this Luck vs. Wilson post and tell me this isn't a conversation. I predict that Cris Collinsworth brings this up by midway through the second quarter on Sunday night.

When he mentions Luck vs Wilson, he links to Sando's comparison of shared opponents. Love seeing that bit of statistical analysis getting a larger audience. Bout damn time people started taking notice.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I dont think there is any question that Wilson is now in the discussion. I think almost all the national pundits would now agree that he is a viable candidate. Would they vote for him over the 2 season long media darlings? I doubt it, but if the Hawks win out and the Redskins miss the playoffs I think it is possible.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Just heard on The Dan Patrick show and both he and Michael Wilbon agreed that Russ should be ROY. :)

THA SEA MONSTA

Reaction score
i feel like theres absolutely no doubt he should be just look at tha stats but one thing i noticed and is probably what tha voters will look at is rg3 was rotw 7 times lucc was 6 times and russ was 1 time so far, they wil use that as reason to say rg3 was more constant year round and therefore he deserves it, either way win or ose im beyond pumped we finally have our team

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Guys. In Vegas before the season started they had odds on who would win this award. Wilson wasn't even included by name!!!

If you wanted to bet he would win the award you had to take 'The field/Other' at about 25/1 or better!!!

On edit, I think it was even more than 25-1. Even LaMichael James was given a number....

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
bestfightstory":w7g9tkxj said:
Guys. In Vegas before the season started they had odds on who would win this award. Wilson wasn't even included by name!!!

If you wanted to bet he would win the award you had to take 'The field/Other' at about 25/1 or better!!!

Did Largent80 put 1000 bucks down?

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2qogiymp said:
bestfightstory":2qogiymp said:

I am quite certain he will insist he did.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Despite missing almost 2 games (I say that as a negative), the numbers above would make me vote for RG3 for ROTY. That;s not considering the offenses they lead...just numbers. Now ask me who the better QB is and I will say RW, without hesitation.

Seaman

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1u41732e said:
bestfightstory":1u41732e said:

I've never "lol'ed" more at anything you've ever written! And he's already on the way to pick up his check!

Steve2222

Reaction score
ESPN had a Facebook Poll today who should win the OROY and Wilson won in a landslide.

HawkWow

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1mzkqp9n said:
Mark Schlereth said yesterday on NFL Live Wilson was his choice for ROY.

He has never been pro-Hawk, so when he makes a comment like this, that's really saying something.