Cowherd's top 20 QBs

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Cowherd's top 20 QBs
Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:39 am
  • Please don't make this into a Cowherd sucks thread. You can like him or not I don't care.

Cowherd had RW as 12th best QB in the NFL. There's a few guys ahead of him that you might disagree with. He had Luck as 9 I think and Griffin 11. Romo and Flacco were also ahead. The top 8 or so I don't think anyone would seriously disagree with.

What I really found interesting was the guys BEHIND Wilson. Bradford, Stafford and Newton all behind Wilson. #1 overall picks.

Sorry I don't have a link to the list, but I thought it was interesting and well-thought even if you don't agree.

Top 8 (top of my head) Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Brees, Manning, Ryan, Romo, one other.....
    * NET Staff *

Re: Cowherd's top 20 QBs
Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:52 am
  • I don't really care where he ranks them. Wilson would have better numbers if he passed more. I am glad to see however he is recognized as one of the better QBs as a rookie. He will only get better as well
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:01 am
  • What!!!? Cowherd only had Russell ranked 12? That son of a *****. Cowherd Sucks!

I'd agree he's better than Bradford, Stafford and Newton, wouldn't you? I do think all three have the potential to be very good QB's though. I'm not a fan of Luck being higher than Griffin or RW, I don't think Indy are anywhere near as bad as everyone makes out, and as soon as Peyton got injured they jumped on the Suck for Luck bandwaggon. He's been good, and of course you have to give him some consideration as a Rookie, but he's no way the 9th best QB in this league. It will be interesting to judge them all come the end of the Season. Griffin gets best Rook' this year, but he'll soon be figured out IMO and his production will decline, he'll still be a good QB though, I just think Russell's better set for sustainable awesomeness.
    SomersetHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:21 am
  • I'm perfectly content to have RW in that kind of company.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:23 am
  • Yeah but the guys on the show now just told him he was wrong about Wilson...lol
    If .NET did not exist I would get so much more work done during the day!
    HawkinNY
    NET Rookie

Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:27 am
  • HawkinNY wrote:Yeah but the guys on the show now just told him he was wrong about Wilson...lol

Missed it - with the guys on the show do you mean the other guys working for Cowherd or people that came into the studio? Wrong as in RW should be number 1 :D or number 25?
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:43 am
  • I get the argument that Luck is better. He's been asked to do a lot more and has turned the team around completely. Time will tell who has the better career.
    * NET Staff *

Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:00 am
  • mikeak wrote:
    HawkinNY wrote:Yeah but the guys on the show now just told him he was wrong about Wilson...lol

Missed it - with the guys on the show do you mean the other guys working for Cowherd or people that came into the studio? Wrong as in RW should be number 1 :D or number 25?

I think Schelreth was one of the guys with him. Whoever it was said you could "make the case that Wilson could be as high as 4". At least that's what I think he heard. Technically I am supposed to be working while listening :D
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Starter

Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:39 pm
  • Russell could be 33 and still be considered a success based on draft position and starting as a 3rd rounder, anything beyond that is gravy based on standard evaluations.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:47 pm
  • Cowherd has been all over the place this season. In September he hated the Seahawks on principle because of his long standing distaste for Pete Carroll. Now he's got them #2 in his power ranking, which is obviously way higher than anyone else- and the reason for the massive change of heart is all Russell Wilson.

So I'm surprised then. Given that Wilson was THE reason for such a huge pendulum swing on his opinion with the Seahawks, why only 12th? I'm kind of surprised by that.

Of course, like most people here I feel like my knowledge of football is far superior to most talking heads, so I always consider their opinions entertainment and nothing more. I'd personally rank Wilson way up there. Since being given full control of the offense he's basically been Aaron Rodgers with more rushing yards. I wouldn't hesitate at all putting Wilson in the same sentence as the current elite QB group, and the cool thing about Wilson is that because of his work ethic and attention to detail, he will probably continue to improve.

People forget, but Wilson is one of the best all around QB prospects ever to come out of college if you forget about his height. He's outstanding in every category and is off the charts as a leader and emotion manager. I've always thought he had scary upside, and he's achieving it. If he's the MVP next season, do not be surprised.
    Last edited by kearly on Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:50 pm
  • 12 is a lot higher then the #50 we had last year.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:20 pm
  • I would have Schaub over Romo, but I would also put Wilson over Romo. But I must be wrong about him. I have never seen the infatuation, but smarter people than me (like Aikman) seem to think he's HOF material (WTF?) . Just can't get my head around any of it. If he ever leaves Dallas, I hope he comes to the NFCW. That's how much he rattles me.

I would also put Wilson over RG3. Perhaps not as ROTY, but as a franchise QB, without hesitation. I anticipate Wilson being top 10 this time next year and by 2015, likely top 5 (based on his current rate of progression).
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:11 am
  • It's not an unreasonable place to rank a hot rookie passer.

Alot of people expect him to cool off at some point and they're protecting themselves by not lauding him like crazy. Eventually people are going to see what we see......... the kid is for real and this is going to be a long term thing.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:44 pm
  • Ok Cowherd where is RW now? :)
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:46 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information