Older Russell Wilson article - the power of education

GoHawks

Reaction score
Not sure if this article has been linked before, but it's pretty good and has some in depth family history

Link

taz291819

Reaction score
Honestly, this article doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

The great-grandfather (or is it great-great-grandfather?) preached about education, while Russell's father basically preached sports (waking them up at 6am to throw passes).

Nothing against any of them, but let's not twist things just to write a story.

OP
OP
G

GoHawks

Reaction score
Cant speak to this article in that regard, but from other information I've come across it was mentioned that his dad had told college coaches that his son's education came before athletics

MarylandHawk

Reaction score
taz291819":2qi0nfja said:
Honestly, this article doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

The great-grandfather (or is it great-great-grandfather?) preached about education, while Russell's father basically preached sports (waking them up at 6am to throw passes).

Nothing against any of them, but let's not twist things just to write a story.

Why do those two things have to be mutually exclusive? His grandfather was a university president, you don't think the value of an education
would rub off on his father? Also Russell graduated from State in 3 years, obviously he was in school to get his degree. C'mon man.

taz291819

Reaction score
MarylandHawk":26ywzabf said:
Why do those two things have to be mutually exclusive? His grandfather was a university president, you don't think the value of an education
would rub off on his father? Also Russell graduated from State in 3 years, obviously he was in school to get his degree. C'mon man.

I'm going by the article, not of what really happened. If what was said in the above posts is true, then the article was merely poorly written.