Older Russell Wilson article - the power of education

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Not sure if this article has been linked before, but it's pretty good and has some in depth family history

Link
    GoHawks
    NET Starter

• Honestly, this article doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

The great-grandfather (or is it great-great-grandfather?) preached about education, while Russell's father basically preached sports (waking them up at 6am to throw passes).

Nothing against any of them, but let's not twist things just to write a story.
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Cant speak to this article in that regard, but from other information I've come across it was mentioned that his dad had told college coaches that his son's education came before athletics
    GoHawks
    NET Starter

• does anyone by chance know what Russell got a degree in?
    Jake Hawks
    NET Starter

• Jake Hawks wrote:does anyone by chance know what Russell got a degree in?

Communications
    SilNWest
    NET Veteran

• taz291819 wrote:Honestly, this article doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

The great-grandfather (or is it great-great-grandfather?) preached about education, while Russell's father basically preached sports (waking them up at 6am to throw passes).

Nothing against any of them, but let's not twist things just to write a story.

Why do those two things have to be mutually exclusive? His grandfather was a university president, you don't think the value of an education
    would rub off on his father? Also Russell graduated from State in 3 years, obviously he was in school to get his degree. C'mon man.
    MarylandHawk
    NET Bench Warmer

• MarylandHawk wrote:Why do those two things have to be mutually exclusive? His grandfather was a university president, you don't think the value of an education
    would rub off on his father? Also Russell graduated from State in 3 years, obviously he was in school to get his degree. C'mon man.

I'm going by the article, not of what really happened. If what was said in the above posts is true, then the article was merely poorly written.
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:18 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information