Simple Q. Is Wilsons season the best ever for a Seahawk QB?

Best season for a Seahawk QB ever?

• Russell Wilson

Votes: 57 38.8%
  • Matt Hasselbeck

Votes: 81 55.1%
  • Dave Krieg

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Jim Zorn

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Rick Mirer

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Yes?

or does one of Hasselbeck, Krieg, Zorn, Stouffer ( :lol: ) still rank higher for you?

Here's Hasselbeck's career season (the closest competitor, IMO) for comparison:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/p ... elog/2005/

Matt Hasselbeck, 2005

Basic stats: 24 TD's, 9 INT's, 65.5%, 3459 yards, 7.7 YPA, 98.2 QB rating. 124 yards rushing at a 3.44 YPA and a TD.

And here's Russell Wilson's season, 2 games from over:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_ ... ell-wilson

Russell Wilson, 2012

Basic stats: 25 TD's, 10 INT's, 63.4%, 2,868 yards, 7.67 YPA, 98.0 QB rating. 431 yards rushing at a 5.1 YPA for 3 TD's.

I'm going Russell Wilson, but mainly because I never saw Hasselbeck play as I was not a fan in the 2005 season. What about you guys?

EDIT: Updated Russell's stats.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Until we get to another Super Bowl it will belong to Hass.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Hass put up way more yards, so gotta give it to him. Russ will start having bigger games next year though

grizrgood

Reaction score
I agree that Matt got us to the Superbowl and it's hard to not give him the nod but think about what RW has done this year.......as a ROOKIE!

Steve2222

Reaction score
Lets see how these last two games play out to decide. It can very easily wind up being Russell Wilson at the end of the year.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":2f6r2t64 said:
Hass put up way more yards, so gotta give it to him. Russ will start having bigger games next year though

Yards are very overrated, just saying.

And RW is clutch man!!! :)

But yeah, I never saw Hasselbeck play in 2005, but I guess he was a shoe-in for being the pro bowl starter for SOME reason.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Hasselbeck 2007. He carried this team when they could not run at all.

Axx

Reaction score
Matt Hasslebeck definitly carried this team when we had no defense and absolutely no running game.
I believe Russell Wilson will have a better career though

jlwaters1

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":2sj07928 said:

I don't know about "WAY MORE YARDS." RW has 2 more games to play vs Hass's totals.

Hasslebeck averaged 216 yards/ game
Wilson is averaging 192 yards per game- just 23 yards a game difference.

Currently Hass has RW by 762 passing yards.

However MH has 124 yards rushing, WIlson already has 402. With is a net difference of 278 yards.

So at the moment Hasslebeck has a 484 yards advantage over RW. Or 242 combined yards per game. RW in all liklihood has a good chance at surpassing Hasslebeck's net numbers this year. He also has a good change at having more TD passes.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
If you're talking on a pure statistical basis then Wilson is having the best season. His numbers all compare well to Hasselbeck's, he's also a rookie and doesn't have a record breaking effort from a running back to work with (although Lynch is still having a great year). And I'm not sure you have to judge these things on whether a person gets to the Super Bowl. By rights then, one of the cornerbacks in 2005 is having a better year than Richard Sherman because ultimately it led to the big game?

el capitan

Reaction score
Hass in 2007 was awesome. Mike Holmgren basically came out and told everyone
that we weren't even gonna try and run the ball and still nobody could stop him.
We should have won at least 12 games that year.

JrockRichards

Reaction score
It's getting close, but for overall excitement, it has to be DangerRuss.

I'm excited to see how Wilson finishes the season.

Too early to tell, but Wilson will astonish us in some way the next two weeks to make my vote a solid Wilson. (plus he has more hair)

jammerhawk

Reaction score
For me it's too early to say if his season is the best. He's looking good and that's amazing b/c he's a rookie. That 2005 O was pretty solid and quite unstoppable unless the referees were involved. hass had a great season in 2007 when he carried the team on his back w/o a running game. We'll see when the fat lady sings.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":q5nhmmxy said:
I have yet to see any inkling of "Spazzlebeck" tendencies with RW. Just sayin'

Right here. I have never seen Wilson, with 2 minutes left to go in the game, look anything less than calm. I have never seen him have a play where the team NEEDS him, throw a ball where it's like "what was that"?

Russell has done everything asked of him this season, even in our losses (at least the past 8 or so games). And in the Bears game? There must have been a streak of 20 or so plays where if he makes one tiny mistake, there goes the ballgame. But no, he drove us all the way down the field, once more than he should've had to, without batting an eye once. He is a straight up BALLER, and I don't want any other QB in the NFL over this kid. None.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hasselbeck 2005 and 2007 both rank higher than Wilson to this point.

But it's close. And Wilson has 2 games to go.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
hawksfan515":1uw6rwav said:
Yes?

or does one of Hasselbeck, Krieg, Zorn, Stouffer ( :lol: ) still rank higher for you?

Here's Hasselbeck's career season (the closest competitor, IMO) for comparison:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/p ... elog/2005/

Matt Hasselbeck, 2005

Basic stats: 24 TD's, 9 INT's, 65.5%, 3459 yards, 7.7 YPA, 98.2 QB rating. 124 yards rushing at a 3.44 YPA and a TD.

And here's Russell Wilson's season, 2 games from over:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_ ... ell-wilson

Russell Wilson, 2012

Basic stats: 21 TD's, 9 INT's, 62.9%, 2,697 yards, 7.64 YPA, 95.5 QB rating. 402 yards rushing at a 5.2 YPA for 3 TD's.

I'm going Russell Wilson, but mainly because I never saw Hasselbeck play as I was not a fan in the 2005 season. What about you guys?

VERY nice post. Pretty easy to see the answer is Russell Wilson.