Jason Jones on IR; DT Hebron Fangupo promoted

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score

drdiags

Reaction score
Tough break. I didn't notice him getting hurt in the game but must be the lingering leg issues he was having all season. Doubt he gets re-signed next season is my guess.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sucks to hear. I know he's been dealing with an injury for awhile now, but he was a solid inside presence and he will be missed. Looks like his plan to sign a one year deal this year to prove he was worthy of a long term contract didn't work out for him. He likely will only get another short term deal (whether it be here or elsewhere). I certainly hope he recovers well, and the next man up can handle the job. With Branch dealing with an Ankle issue, we are really getting slim there.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
There goes his large payday. The dangers of a one year contract and why players do not like the franchise tag. Although the tag provides a significant larger monetary protection.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Had just read where Hawkblogger singled him and KJ as having been very effective in game one vs San Fran. Damn it!

pcbball12

Reaction score
While this really sucks and will be a hit to out pass rush, I think people here will be plesantly surprised with Fangupo is he gets a shot to actually play. He is a big man and is stout against the run. Is surprisingly good rushing the passer as well and has a high motor. I really liked him coming out of the draft last year and thought he was a 3rd or 4th round guy (didn't turn out that way but I probably would have graded him as a 4th).

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Ugh. I'm hopeful our draft pick guys can make a difference, but we really needed him on the field. I'm seeing a definite need on the D-line again in 2013. :(

jlwaters1

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":hf27tsmb said:
My guess is that DT Hebron Fangupo will take Alan Branch's spot and Greg Scruggs will probably play Jason Jones's position.

That's my thought

Basis4day

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1zig0vyb said:
wow, not good. Didn't even know he was hurt

On and off the injury rpt all year. He missed the Lions and Vikes games.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
This sucks. Jones was playing great at the beginning of the year. Basically our D-line is back to how it was last year.