Jason Jones on IR; DT Hebron Fangupo promoted

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • John Boyle ‏@johnpboyle
    #Seahawks have placed DT Jason Jones on IR. DT Hebron Fangupo promoted off practice squad to active roster.

Seattle Seahawks ‏@Seahawks
    DE Jason Jones placed on IR, DT Hebron Fangupo promoted to active roster. WR Bryan Walters signed to practice squad

http://blog.seahawks.com/2012/12/20/jon ... d-reserve/
    Last edited by SeahawksFanForever on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless: "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution!"

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12
    SeahawksFanForever
    NET Veteran

Re: Jason Jones on IR
Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:19 am
  • Link: http://blog.seahawks.com/2012/12/20/jon ... d-reserve/

Yeah, sucks. :( This could be a problem...less D-line performance, 3rd-string CB, we might make Kaepernick look semi-elite this Sunday. DangeRuss is going to have to bring his A-game in a big way.

Edit: Ah, I see you added the link.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Well so much for him...
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Tough break. I didn't notice him getting hurt in the game but must be the lingering leg issues he was having all season. Doubt he gets re-signed next season is my guess.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• wow, not good. Didn't even know he was hurt
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• Missing_Clink wrote:wow, not good. Didn't even know he was hurt

Here is what Danny has

Danny O'Neil ‏@dannyoneil
    Jason Jones had a sore knee at various points this year, and Pete Carroll indicated he would be slowed this week.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• Sucks to hear. I know he's been dealing with an injury for awhile now, but he was a solid inside presence and he will be missed. Looks like his plan to sign a one year deal this year to prove he was worthy of a long term contract didn't work out for him. He likely will only get another short term deal (whether it be here or elsewhere). I certainly hope he recovers well, and the next man up can handle the job. With Branch dealing with an Ankle issue, we are really getting slim there.

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• He's been hurt all season, I suspect. He hasn't shown the same quickness he did previously and in the pre-season.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• There goes his large payday. The dangers of a one year contract and why players do not like the franchise tag. Although the tag provides a significant larger monetary protection.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

• Had just read where Hawkblogger singled him and KJ as having been very effective in game one vs San Fran. Damn it!
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• SCRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGS!!!!
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• Next man up!
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• DL #1 need in draft
    Seaswab
    NET Veteran

• While this really sucks and will be a hit to out pass rush, I think people here will be plesantly surprised with Fangupo is he gets a shot to actually play. He is a big man and is stout against the run. Is surprisingly good rushing the passer as well and has a high motor. I really liked him coming out of the draft last year and thought he was a 3rd or 4th round guy (didn't turn out that way but I probably would have graded him as a 4th).
    pcbball12
    NET Starter

• My guess is that DT Hebron Fangupo will take Alan Branch's spot and Greg Scruggs will probably play Jason Jones's position.
    Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless: "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution!"

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12
    SeahawksFanForever
    NET Veteran

• Ugh. I'm hopeful our draft pick guys can make a difference, but we really needed him on the field. I'm seeing a definite need on the D-line again in 2013. :(
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• SeahawksFanForever wrote:My guess is that DT Hebron Fangupo will take Alan Branch's spot and Greg Scruggs will probably play Jason Jones's position.

That's my thought
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• Missing_Clink wrote:wow, not good. Didn't even know he was hurt

On and off the injury rpt all year. He missed the Lions and Vikes games.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• This sucks. Jones was playing great at the beginning of the year. Basically our D-line is back to how it was last year.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• I was excited about this guy when we signed him but to me he has been very underwhelming.

Let a youngster play instead.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• what about Jaye Howard?
    Seaswab
    NET Veteran

• jlwaters1 wrote:
    SeahawksFanForever wrote:My guess is that DT Hebron Fangupo will take Alan Branch's spot and Greg Scruggs will probably play Jason Jones's position.

That's my thought

Howard is behind Branch on the depth chart. They have Hebron Fangupo behind Mebane and Clinton McDonald.
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• Jay Howard
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• I like Greg Scruggs...... pretty excited to see him out there and he will be much cheaper than Jones would have been next year.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• Just another test these guys need to overcome heading into the playoffs. This will be a good measuring stick for the backups, really see what they can do against a great online.

Feeding off the 12th man, it's not hard to imagine any of them stepping up and/or going off.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

• Fangupo is no joke. Yes, I watched every game he played in college. The guy can be absolutely dominant. Why he wasn't already on a team is because most teams love the veteran presence inside. He is a legit NFL player though, and I think he'll surprise some of you if/when he gets on the field. He's quick for his size, he's always around the ball, and he can rush the passer. He is also good at getting his hands up to knock the ball down, and closing off the lane for runners. He's a space filler.

I was stoked when the Hawks signed him, and I believe he would have been on the roster all season if Jones hadn't been signed to that one year deal. Good luck Hebron!
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

• Son of a..............., well lets just hope that Branch can play this week with his ankle, if not than our DT depth takes a serious blow.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Shark you are very astute about these Utah & BYU guys so I hope you're right and he's a beast on Sunday. I too was excited about Fangupo when they acquired him, he could be a sleeper. It's now time for Jaye Howard to demonstrate he was worth a 4th round pick and deserves to play as a pro.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to completely take the final step. That was done and the final step was taken.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons.

What a special magical year!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Howard has been having injury struggles of his own all year.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Is anyone selling Hebron Fangupo jerseys?

Win Forever!
    JonRud
    NET Veteran

• Its scruggs...not howard.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• jammerhawk wrote:Shark you are very astute about these Utah & BYU guys so I hope you're right and he's a beast on Sunday. I too was excited about Fangupo when they acquired him, he could be a sleeper. It's now time for Jaye Howard to demonstrate he was worth a 4th round pick and deserves to play as a pro.

I'm a huge Florida fan, and watched a lot of Jaye Howard, and the talent is there. There were times he had my mouth drop, but he always struggled with inconsistency. I wonder if that is still an issue for him, as there were times he would just disappear.

And shark, people are getting me excited on Fangupo, you have a player comparison. i just wonder his story, and why he is a PSder?
    Last edited by BAllenHawk on Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
    BAllenHawk
    NET Rookie

• Seaswab wrote:DL #1 need in draft

Yep.
    That then WR and more OL depth.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• BAllenHawk wrote:
    jammerhawk wrote:Shark you are very astute about these Utah & BYU guys so I hope you're right and he's a beast on Sunday. I too was excited about Fangupo when they acquired him, he could be a sleeper. It's now time for Jaye Howard to demonstrate he was worth a 4th round pick and deserves to play as a pro.

I'm a huge Florida fan, and watched a lot of Jaye Howard, and the talent is there. There were times he had my mouth drop, but he always struggled with inconsistency. I wonder if that is still an issue for him, as there were times he would just disappear.

And shark people are getting me excited on Fangupo, you have a player comparison. i just wonder his story, and why he is a PSder?

RE: Hebron Fangupo

We are spoiled into thinking every practice squad player is going to be a star. This guy is 27, sure he is big but he is not that athletic. There is not much to see there. One thing I have learned in my first few months in the .Net is that hawk players in general are a tad overrated when it comes to their actual value. I also have learned everyone should be fired after a loss. :th2thumbs:
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• T-Sizzle wrote:
    BAllenHawk wrote:
    jammerhawk wrote:Shark you are very astute about these Utah & BYU guys so I hope you're right and he's a beast on Sunday. I too was excited about Fangupo when they acquired him, he could be a sleeper. It's now time for Jaye Howard to demonstrate he was worth a 4th round pick and deserves to play as a pro.

And shark people are getting me excited on Fangupo, you have a player comparison. i just wonder his story, and why he is a PSder?

RE: Hebron Fangupo

We are spoiled into thinking every practice squad player is going to be a star. This guy is 27, sure he is big but he is not that athletic. There is not much to see there. One thing I have learned in my first few months in the .Net is that hawk players in general are a tad overrated when it comes to their actual value. I also have learned everyone should be fired after a loss. :th2thumbs:

It's not like they have options at this point in the season.

With Red Bryant plagued with plantar fasciitis and Alan Branch plagued by a bad ankle, this team is down to only one healthy two gap lineman in Brandon Mebane. That will not work.

The promotion of Hebron Fangupo is timely and necessary. I'm looking for Hebron to see plenty of playing time Sunday night. It's going to be a huge opportunity for him.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Hebron is a Monster!

Here is your chance to make the team buddy!
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• I find it interesting that with a move like this and the release of Evan Moore, that the Hawks are simply bringing up guys off their practice squad and not signing players off the street. Same thing happened when they signed Ron Parker off Carolina's PS, as he was with the team earlier in the season. Tells me that the team likes it's depth and players a lot more than in recent years when an injury immediately brought a street free agent signing. Hopefully a guy like Jaye Howard is able to step up. Don't think he's seen the game day roster too often so far.
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

Hebron Fangupo college highlights
Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:52 am

• Looks like a hole plugger run stop guy. I'm no expert, so make up your own mind.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Oh well.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Re: Hebron Fangupo college highlights
Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:58 am
  • He looks like a practice squad guy.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:59 am
  • Pete had him at SC apparently.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:02 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:Pete had him at SC apparently.

He was at USC and later transferred to BYU.
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• Scruggs is looking decent as a rotational player. I was not all that impressed with Jones. He never had a great push I think his knee is still healing. For Scruggs all he really has to do is watch his gap and get a good push.
    Last edited by Happypuppy on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

• On a side note, is.that WR Bryan Walters the same one that was just on the Vikings? If so, he went to high school with me in Kirkland. Hope he can make the 53 some day.
    noflyzone
    NET Practice Squad

• Jones was very disruptive early in the year. He simply doesn't have a lt of miles left in those legs, though. Thus the one year deal.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• When i first saw this i was really really worried. then i thought to myself "Is Russell Wilson worried?" then I calmed down.
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

• I just believe if Hebron can play the run effectively, and eat up some space, then why not get him some playing time, especially with Branch being hobbled.
    BAllenHawk
    NET Rookie

Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:37 pm
  • He doesn't look like a speed guy, but is a decent A gap guy. I think the key is not to get false starts as this is his first real game in NFL, so being the start, false start penalties is something to watch for.
    seahawks08
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:40 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information