49ers on Seahawks

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
49ers on Seahawks
Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:32 am
  • Hey Seahawks fans,

I'm from the 49ers message board, and I just wanted to stop by and give my opinion on things. You will see I am level headed not some ignorant punk who became a 49er fan yesterday.

So, out of every team we faced this season, the Seahawks have scared me the most. A lot of people don't realize that Lynch and crew can take a good defense and run all over them, you already did that against us, now with more prep no reason to not do it again.

The one thing I would be on the look-out for is something I call pride. Two games in a row of you guys scoring 50+, this ain't madden baby. When a team just blows out another team, they take a sense of pride on it and bank on it. It isn't until a good team steps in and brings them back down to earth. Am I saying the 49ers are going to come away with the win? Well, yes because I am biased, but like I said before the Seahawks scare me, and I could see you guys coming away with the win even though it pains me to say.

What you guys have going on offense is astounding, on defense your front 7 is one step behind the 49ers front 7. Unfortunately, you guys are losing your two DB's which may hurt you overall. But hey you guys have the BEST depth at DB, it is crazy.

Seeing what Kaep can do will be fun to watch, I feel the way to beat him is to get pressure in his face and make him run. Remember this is a night game and the 49ers are great on premier games. So I'm looking forward to a fun one.

BTW, how is Winston Guy doing I havent been following him, but he was my favorite Saftey coming out of the draft.
    kbreitkreutz
    NET Bench Warmer

Re: 49ers on Seahawks
Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:39 am
  • Welcome to Seahawks.net

Let hope our people will reply in kind to your well thought out post.

I'm guessing this will be a game of the year for both sides.
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:53 am
  • I think Winston Guy has had a disappointing rookie year. Although he has an idea size and looks the part, I think there has been a trust issue with his special teams execution of assignments. It's kept him off the field on Sundays. He is coming off a 4 week suspension .... so I'm curious to see what the team does with him. They may have already shut him down for the year. He looks like he is going to be a project IMHO.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:01 am
  • Thanks for the post . Winston has just been activated after 4 game suspension for PED's I believe, so we havent see alot of him. But he is a keeper.
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:24 am
  • thanks for the post... 49ers are looking very solid... i contribute last sunday's second half meltdown, to conservative playcalling and that crappy zone/prevent defense, that does everything but prevent the other team from scoring..

i will agree they step it up in prime time, so do the hawks though, especially at home.. i know a lot of you disagree with the GB outcome, but i don't think any of you will disagree we owned them in the first half, and was in that game up until the final play...

both teams are much improved on the offensive side of the ball, will be interesting to see which defense is up for the challenge.. potentially losing Sherman could be crippling, but like they say next man up... looking forward to an all out war, with many more to come
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:25 am
  • I had this discussion 5 weeks ago with a 49er die-hard fan: CK makes the WR's legitimate. AS had no clue how to hit a WR in any capacity and only trusted VD. Now that there is a semblance of a passing game, it should make a more meaningful offensive approach for SF. CK is not "Captain Checkdown" like AS was, which forces a defense to really pay attention to what's going on. In a way, CK reminds me of the rookie version of Cam Newton - meaning he's a fearless thrower and an extremely serious threat to run. Sound familiar? Our own RW has similar attributes.

In my humble opinion as a former sports analyst and handicapper, I would say that CK will probably be a bit stunned by the intensity of the Seattle stadium, but Harbaugh will right the ship and keep them close the entire way. However, one thing to note is the Seahawks nearly put away the 49ers earlier in the season if not for dropped passes - overall there has been none of that during this streak. As the OP states, this is a tough game for SF, I think the matchups are slightly in Seattle's favor. I also give the Seahawks the edge based on the home field - the ball won't bounce the 49er's way like it did in New England.
    nsport
    * NET Sports Handicapper *

Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:28 am
  • rainger wrote:Thanks for the post . Winston has just been activated after 4 game suspension for PED's I believe, so we havent see alot of him. But he is a keeper.

This post makes no sense. We do not know what we have because he has not played a lot, and has also been suspended for drugs that improve his performance, which amounted to him being average at best while he was on them,,,,but he is a keeper....
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:29 am
  • As I said before, I think the Hawks exact some much needed revenge this time around. Definitely not the team you saw earlier on. Home cookin too..... :179417:

R.I.P. Brother Les, I'll always know you as Pithy Radish.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:01 am
  • Nothing prepares a team for playing in front of the CLink crowd other than actually doing it. The stadium shakes.

I'm looking forward to a great game.
    SeeHawkRun
    NET Rookie

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:03 am
  • kbreitkreutz wrote:Remember this is a night game and the 49ers are great on premier games. So I'm looking forward to a fun one.

Unfortunately for you guys, so do we. We have the highest winning percentage for MNF in the league. This should be a great game. It's a major test for our offense. We've steamrolled 50-burgers onto two straight opponents. Can we still put up huge numbers (I'd say 37+ would be a huge number for putting on your defense) against an elite defense? Time to find out. HUGE test for our offense.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:20 am
  • I see Harbutt pulling out some trick plays early to try to quite # 12. Watch the visitors tunnel..we are planning a warm welcome :)
    "Horse horse, did you see the size of that chicken?"
    TaterHawk
    NET Rookie

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:32 am
  • You think you only have a slight advantage on the line? You D-line is scary awesome I think any Seahawks fan should be jealous. I love our guys but smith, Dobs, McDonald (most underrated), Tukuafu.... then add Willis Navarro and Smith to that.. I love my Hawks but yikes. I have a ton of respect for your D, I would say that we have a serious edge in the D Backfield when 100% and I think we are slightly deeper all around. I am excited to see if Okung has a monster game, I like our O-line, I wanted Iuptui when he came out of Idaho, I think both teams are becoming the class of the NFC. (Thinking Dallas/SF back in the day) Although I am curious to see how Harbaugh drafts. I think there was an awful lot in place when he arrived and he has coached the crap out of what he inherited, but being unfamiliar with his draft selections I am wondering if your back-ups are like ours which seems to be a continuous stream of young talent that can play well on arrival. We have many years of this rivalry to enjoy I am hoping in the playoffs we don’t meet until the NFC championship (if that will be possible). I don’t have as much hate for 9ers as many seem to here, you were my favorite NFC team before realignment, I am still holding all that disdain for the Donkeys, but a few more painful loses and bigger games and the 9ers name will continue to climb the list most certainly never surpassing the stealers.

BTW thanks for the post
    Best of luck every time you don’t play us
    All that to say this: Hawks win thanks to the 12th man other than that, it’s a push.
    Get ready for a nationally televised Dog fight for four quarters
    :thfight7: :thfight7: :thfight7: :thfight7: :49ersmall: :th2thumbs:
    "Go Hawks" Russlemainia
    Adopt a Rookie - Jackson Jeffcoat
    SeaHawk80
    NET Rookie

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:37 am
  • This is going to be the most important game of the season for both teams, alot is on the line
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:46 am
  • TaterHawk wrote:I see Harbutt pulling out some trick plays early to try to quite # 12. Watch the visitors tunnel..we are planning a warm welcome :)

Just stay classy
    kbreitkreutz
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:42 pm
  • I like 49er fans like you. At least you can respect what the Hawks bring. Most fans I've met over there already has the Superbowl in the bag and expect to beat us like we did the Cards.
    TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS!!!
    Hawk-A-Loogie
    NET Rookie

Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:44 pm
  • Hawk-A-Loogie wrote:I like 49er fans like you. At least you can respect what the Hawks bring. Most fans I've met over there already has the Superbowl in the bag and expect to beat us like we did the Cards.

There will be no blow out in this one, most of those posters just recently became a fan, lots of us REAL Niner fans are humble and have at least some logic of the game. I mean, it's almost like most of the Niner fans that post on the other board are converted Raider fans, us true faithful are really level headed. If you go to Candlestick you will really see the difference, its sad really..
    kbreitkreutz
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:24 pm
  • Russell Wilson has far greater command of the offense than when we played last.

Kaep, in my opinion, has not seen speed like of which he'll see Sun night. The defense has a boat load of speed.

Kaep has never started a game in the Clink.

This adds up to an interesting game.
    " Living on Earth isn't cheap, but it does include a yearly free trip around the sun."
    v1rotv2
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:37 pm
  • Any Seahawks fan who thinks we are going to walk onto the field and destroy the 49ers simply because we are at home is in for a rude awakening. Facing the 49ers, the Seahawks are essentially facing themselves - but better. Maybe not in every category or position but all things being equal, the 49ers are essentially the Seahawks in about a year or two. (Not including Russell Wilson, he's already two years into the future).

This game will be decided by turnovers and the trenches.

No blowouts. A close brawl to the finish. Having said that, I do legitimately give the Seahawks the edge due to the best home field advantage in the NFL. The 12th Man is no joke. That's not simply a Seahawks fan's opinion stated on a Seahawks message board, that's a simple fact that cannot be denied once it is experienced be it other players, coaches, broadcasters or fans.

Here's to a great game with no injuries. (Although if Gore and Kap get the stomach flu before the game I won't mind).

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:41 pm
  • This is what the game is all about. I am looking for a excellent game...maybe a prequel to another game between the teams in a few weeks!
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:44 pm
  • Well, I think this will be a high scoring game compared to the last one. I think both offenses have improved and the defenses will be nuetral given division game opponents kind of know each other well. I can't get a pulse on this game, so it will make it more interesting. I think the key is time of possession kind of game, but each possession will be scoring points in my opinion. Both teams have become high powered offensive teams, exactly opposite of earlier we met. The coaching, well they are not going to play conservative, this is a practice game for probably one more meeting, so the coaches are going to bring and utilize all the skill sets their team has. Winning this game by either team will give the momentum to get into the playoffs. 49ers are playing for a bye, Seahawks are playing to get in, so Seahawks are more hungry. Well, I can't pick who will win though:)
    seahawks08
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:45 pm
  • High scoring (I have 27-24 Hawks in my prediction thread) or low scoring, it will be close. Probably 6 points or less.

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:39 am
  • Very close for sure. I hate the Niners with a passion, but they are damn good :(
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:50 am
  • It's going to be 42-0 Hawks.
    Calling it now.

3 rushing TDs by Lynch and 4 passing TDs by RW.

By god I need them in the fantasy superbowl against Cam Newton (playing the Raiders) and Adrian Peterson.
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:57 am
  • Is it Sunday yet?! The butterflies in my stomach have had too much time to multiply :180670: :49ersmall:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George

Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:57 am
  • themunn wrote:It's going to be 42-0 Hawks.
    Calling it now.

By god I need them in the fantasy superbowl against Cam Newton (playing the Raiders) and Adrian Peterson.

Your math is off...unless you have us converting 0 PAT's
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:01 am
  • -The Glove- wrote:
    themunn wrote:It's going to be 42-0 Hawks.
    Calling it now.

Your math is off...unless you have us converting 0 PAT's

Ha I don't know why but I always get 6*7 and 7*6 confused
    And I know what you're thinking "hang on, they equal the same thing!"
    That's why I get confused
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:10 am
  • My wild card for this game is, you guessed it, Wilson. So far, he has faced exactly one team a second time, and he made sure not to repeat his mistakes. Now, that game got out of hand for the Cardinals in a hurry, so we only saw 13 passes from Wilson. But I suspect this student of the game is not going to repeat his mistakes.

Not worried about pride over 50 points handicapping this squad, if we were playing a team we had beaten already maybe. I am pretty sure watching game film from the first loss will sober anyone high on points up real quick.

There is no quit in either of these teams, and the brutality in this game figures to be astounding. For the Niners, I think their wild card is their safeties. They are hitters, and Bevell needs to keep our pass catchers aware of them. I think we can use that aggression against them with some well placed dimes on double moves up the seams.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:28 am
  • I feel privileged that my one and only hawks game I will attend in person will be this one. This is a great rivalry in the making.

The BEST part of winning this game would be that SF can't rest their starters vs AZ; because if they lose and we win in week 17, we take the division...
    schkoot
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:26 am
  • You picked a good one schkoot, it's gonna' be EPIC
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:52 am
  • This game is going to be epic for sure. Our rivalry is getting more and more intense, and I can see many great battles between our teams for years to come. I've got confidence is my Niners as long as Kaep can handle the noise. He did well at the Superdome in NO, and I'm sure Harbaugh is prepping him for Clink since this ain't our first foray in your stadium and we know what to expect. We pulled out the win last year at your house (even tho Lynch broke our non-rushing TD record which admittedly sucked), and while you guys aren't the same team with Wilson at the helm, neither are we with Kaep.

So while you guys have the edge in home field advantage, we've got the edge in coaching (Harbs is 5-1 all-time against Carroll).

In my opinion coaching advantage > noise advantage.
    925NinersFan
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:57 am
  • double post.
    Last edited by captSE on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
    captSE
    NET Starter

Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:58 am
  • I am nervous only because the 49ers have had our number the last few games but who wouldn't be? If the 49ers win, I will be satisfied that we lost to a highly probable super bowl team. But I am optimistic about this game.

But I am feeling good that we almost kicked some 49er ass with a very young QB earlier this season IN San Francisco. We did lead in points for the first half.
    Back then I would say that the 49ers should have put us away with no problem. After all, they were the team that had been there already, were already gelled and I would say their QB and offense were a bit more polished than we - at least thats what the experts say and who's to argue - I didn't.
    Our QB impressed a lot of fans then, but still he was a "rookie" and that in it's self means trouble.......usually. It's no secret now that DangeRuss is the real deal.

I am further loving that good feeling in that this game is at Seattle in front of the BEST home crowd in the NFL!
    I expect the home crowd to be louder than they ever been and that should certainly frustrate the 49er offense. The 9ers will feel the thunder of Century link field. That's gotta be on their mind.

:49ersmall:
    captSE
    NET Starter

Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:04 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:You picked a good one schkoot, it's gonna' be EPIC

I am still in disbelief that I will be there... The Mayans better not have been right and wreck this.

I should clarify, it's my only game this season. I try to go to one per year. :D
    schkoot
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:16 am
  • I assume you'll get there nice and early for a lot of pre-funk? I fully expect to have no voice until at least Thursday of next week.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:21 pm
  • Yeah, and I'm still confused as to the best place to go now that the lot over by the viaduct near pyramid (where they are digging the tunnel) is gone. That was the hangout spot!!!

The last few times I've been, I just hung out in the beer garden at the brewery... Great beer--steep prices.
    schkoot
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:36 pm
  • Aros wrote:Any Seahawks fan who thinks we are going to walk onto the field and destroy the 49ers simply because we are at home is in for a rude awakening. Facing the 49ers, the Seahawks are essentially facing themselves - but better. Maybe not in every category or position but all things being equal, the 49ers are essentially the Seahawks in about a year or two. (Not including Russell Wilson, he's already two years into the future).

No blowouts. A close brawl to the finish. Having said that, I do legitimately give the Seahawks the edge due to the best home field advantage in the NFL. The 12th Man is no joke. That's not simply a Seahawks fan's opinion stated on a Seahawks message board, that's a simple fact that cannot be denied once it is experienced be it other players, coaches, broadcasters or fans.

Here's to a great game with no injuries. (Although if Gore and Kap get the stomach flu before the game I won't mind).

No Aros, that's only one of the reasons why we are going to destroy the 49ers.
    Shane Falco
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:55 pm
  • Shane Falco wrote:
    Aros wrote:[b][b]Any Seahawks fan who thinks we are going to walk onto the field and destroy the 49ers simply because we are at home is in for a rude awakening.[/b][/b] NO RUDE AWAKINGS HERE. Facing the 49ers, the Seahawks are essentially facing themselves - but better. Maybe not in every category or position but all things being equal, the 49ers are essentially the Seahawks in about a year or two. (Not including Russell Wilson, he's already two years into the future).

No blowoutsWRONG. A close brawl to the finish. Having said that, I do legitimately give the Seahawks the edge due to the best home field advantage in the NFL. The 12th Man is no joke. That's not simply a Seahawks fan's opinion stated on a Seahawks message board, that's a simple fact that cannot be denied once it is experienced be it other players, coaches, broadcasters or fans.

No Aros, that's only one of the reasons why we are going to destroy the 49ers.

It's so much more then just simply being at home! As Scott said 2nd time around for Sir DangeRuss plus home field, plus we are not who they thought we were! In your thread I predicted 51-24 Hawks and actually believe it will happen with both offense and defense points. So I guess I humbly disagree with your statement Aros. (Grandfather to Grandfather)

GO HAWKS
    lacenterhawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:30 pm
  • 925NinersFan wrote:This game is going to be epic for sure. Our rivalry is getting more and more intense, and I can see many great battles between our teams for years to come. I've got confidence is my Niners as long as Kaep can handle the noise. He did well at the Superdome in NO, and I'm sure Harbaugh is prepping him for Clink since this ain't our first foray in your stadium and we know what to expect. We pulled out the win last year at your house (even tho Lynch broke our non-rushing TD record which admittedly sucked), and while you guys aren't the same team with Wilson at the helm, neither are we with Kaep.

So while you guys have the edge in home field advantage, we've got the edge in coaching (Harbs is 5-1 all-time against Carroll).

Not sure why you're saying harbaugh (ha, iPad autocorrects harbaugh to "garbage") has out coached PC in a game that hasn't happened yet. To flat out say he's a better coach is somewhat offensive actually. So if that's your master plan to overcome the noise, you better regroup.
    KARAVARUS
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:46 pm
  • 925NinersFan wrote:So while you guys have the edge in home field advantage, we've got the edge in coaching (Harbs is 5-1 all-time against Carroll).

I love how Niners fans say this. Which coach was winning championships in college? Carroll. So, a couple specific games between them in college really means absolutely nothing. Plus, Harbaugh's the one that had the once-in-a-generation QB talent. Then, we lost to you guys twice last year; with a considerably inferior overall team, and we would have won one of those if we didn't completely screw the pooch on special teams. Twice. In two minutes. I'm not making excuses, we lost fair & square, but come on; now that we're a good team in all facets is when we'll see what really happens as time goes on. Harbaugh's a good coach, there's no doubt about that, but he also inherited a highly talented player roster that he had to do NOTHING to to go 13-3 in his first year with the 49ers. I mean, come on; Carroll inherited a team on the decline that had a ton of bad players, and he completely remade it from the ground up.

Keep all of that in mind when you make the obligatory "Harbaugh has beaten Carroll more thus far so he's the better coach" statements.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:50 am
  • correct, a premiere game. we'll be playing to it.

cheers to a good game, no injuries!

And welcome to SNF at Clink, Christmas 2012. Late season Seahawks. You should be scared.
    hawkfan1975
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:32 am
  • I think the big factor in this game will be the 12th man and the pass rush. Kaepernick is a very good QB when he's left alone but disrupt him and he turns into a pile of crap- not that you'd expect much else from a QB with so little experience.

Kaepernick will need to score often to keep up with Seattle's erupting offense. I have a lot of respect for the 49ers defense, but the Cardinals have a very good defense too and two weeks ago the Seahawks massacred them. Over the last several weeks, the Seahawks have been about as deadly on offense as the New England Patriots. SF needed most of their 41 points to beat New England. It will be a similar story in this game. Unlike last time, Pete Carroll won't be content to just hand off to Lynch a lot. The Seahawks offense from week 7 looks like a single-celled paramecia in comparison to what it's evolved into in recent weeks. Kaepernick will need to score.

Seattle's secondary could potentially be down it's top 4 players at CB in a worst case scenario. That will allow Kaepernick to get away with those 1 read throws he loves to make with his very strong right arm. If Seattle can't pressure Kaepernick and the 12thman can't phase him, I could definitely see SF putting up a big crooked number on Seattle and make this game a shootout. We already know that SF can run all over Seattle's defense, although recent injuries to SF's offensive line might affect that.

My hope is that Sherman plays, our secondary steps up, and Irvin and Clemons have a field day with a QB that so far has struggled under pressure. And it doesn't get much more pressure packed than playing in Seattle as a road team. I feel very confident that Seattle will move the ball and get points. SF will probably need at least 30 points to pull this out.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:48 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information