Another connection with the 2005 team?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Our DB situation right now, or what it could be depending on Sherm's appeal, could make our DB's this year resemble what we had near the end of and through the playoffs of the 2005 Superbowl season. I mean in 2005 we had to sign DBs off the street left and right just to fill the roster, wasn't one of them a garbage man at some point and time, and then this year we may have to rely upon the likes of Jeremy Lane, Byron Maxwell and who knows else who are not quite proven players as well. I just thought it was an interesting semi-connection.

Pstark3

Reaction score
Much less of a problem when you have a coach and GM that signs depth with a crazy amount of upside

ensett

Reaction score
That was 2006. 2005 we had our guys except for Hamlin

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
2005 was a joke in the DB dept compared to this squad. The safeties are 100xs better and even our back up CBs are better than 2005. I am really LOL right now. Can't even compare the two squads. JMO.

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1qhylwq2 said:
2005 was a joke in the DB dept compared to this squad. The safeties are 100xs better and even our back up CBs are better than 2005. I am really LOL right now. Can't even compare the two squads. JMO.

I'm not comparing the units, I'm just comparing that fact that CB situations this year and in 2005 are and did deal with a large amount of scuffling right before the playoffs. Not trying to compare the individual talent of each unit, just pointing out that we have had to, like in 05, find a large amount new guys to step it up for us.

Seeker

Reaction score
i think it was 2006/07 season (romo snap game) we brought in a loan officer and a construction worker. the loan officer (pete hunter) got a pick in that game i think and i believe one in the following game in chicago.