Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Another connection with the 2005 team?
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:15 pm 
* NET Eeyore *

Our DB situation right now, or what it could be depending on Sherm's appeal, could make our DB's this year resemble what we had near the end of and through the playoffs of the 2005 Superbowl season. I mean in 2005 we had to sign DBs off the street left and right just to fill the roster, wasn't one of them a garbage man at some point and time, and then this year we may have to rely upon the likes of Jeremy Lane, Byron Maxwell and who knows else who are not quite proven players as well. I just thought it was an interesting semi-connection.

Post subject: Re: Another connection with the 2005 team?
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:17 pm 
NET Veteran

Much less of a problem when you have a coach and GM that signs depth with a crazy amount of upside

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:21 pm 
NET Veteran

That was 2006. 2005 we had our guys except for Hamlin

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:52 pm 
* NET Hottie *

2005 was a joke in the DB dept compared to this squad. The safeties are 100xs better and even our back up CBs are better than 2005. I am really LOL right now. Can't even compare the two squads. JMO.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:13 am 
* NET Eeyore *

Seahwkgal wrote:
2005 was a joke in the DB dept compared to this squad. The safeties are 100xs better and even our back up CBs are better than 2005. I am really LOL right now. Can't even compare the two squads. JMO.

I'm not comparing the units, I'm just comparing that fact that CB situations this year and in 2005 are and did deal with a large amount of scuffling right before the playoffs. Not trying to compare the individual talent of each unit, just pointing out that we have had to, like in 05, find a large amount new guys to step it up for us.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:45 am 
NET Veteran

i think it was 2006/07 season (romo snap game) we brought in a loan officer and a construction worker. the loan officer (pete hunter) got a pick in that game i think and i believe one in the following game in chicago.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]