If Sherman is out........

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
If Sherman is out........
Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:06 pm
  • If maxwell and lane are staring at corner, and we have some practice squad corner on the slot receiver, how successful do you think we will be against moss and Crabtree? It might become a shoot out, but the whole game will be riding on the success of our offense.
    Russell Wilson doesn't do losing anymore -peachesenregalia, jan 5, 2013
    seahawksfanatic000
    NET Starter

Re: If Sherman is out........
Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:08 pm
  • He won't be out. If suspended it will most likely start next week.
    cacksman
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:08 pm
  • :180670: :49ersmall:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George

Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:16 pm
  • Oh thank god. Hopefully they don't pull a Stevie Johnson on him
    seahawksfanatic000
    NET Starter

Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:27 pm
  • The NFL almost always suspends players at the beginning of the week, so that teams can plan for his replacement and give the replacement some reps with the first team unit in practice. It's very unlikely Sherman will miss this Sunday's game if his appeal is denied on Friday. If the NFL does do that, though...I will be calling some MAJOR BS on that. It would reek of actively trying to screw the Seahawks.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:23 pm
  • If Sherman is out, Peabody will play.
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:32 pm
  • Who is Peabody?
    seahawksfanatic000
    NET Starter

Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:40 pm
  • seahawksfanatic000 wrote:Who is Peabody?

This. I feel like I'm missing a joke.
    SeeHawkRun
    NET Rookie

Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:41 pm

Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:42 pm
  • The weird thing is that those who are reporting on this say that he'll be out for the 49ers game.. SO who knows how that will play out. Sherman being out would certainly be a blow to the defense.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:00 pm
  • He plays. If they decided Friday that he was going to be penalized, he'd start the suspension on Tuesday.
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:56 pm
  • I think Sherman will likely lose his appeal. But with this game in front of a national audience, fetaturing two of the league's best teams, I also think Roger understands brand. It's in the league's best interest for both teams to be as competetive as possible, so Sherman will likely begin his sentence after our thrilling victory.

I have no idea how this works within the org, but I hope both he and Browner are held accountable for their actions. Aside from the loss of game checks, their current contract terms should automatically be extended for another 5 years.

I wish. ;)
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:22 pm
  • The question is, does Harbaugh game plan for a Browner and Sherman less secondary? If so they may try to throw a bit more to test the replacements. Harbaugh cried like a chick about how physical these two were in the first game. Yes I'd love to have them both for this game but I have to think Pete has a plan for this?
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:19 pm
  • Is kelly jennings available? Lets sign him for one game! We need help! Any help!
    TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS!!!
    Hawk-A-Loogie
    NET Rookie

Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:28 pm
  • As far as Sherman goes is Goodell a 9'er fan?
    " Living on Earth isn't cheap, but it does include a yearly free trip around the sun."
    v1rotv2
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:27 am
  • I am not worried if Sherman plays or not, I know he is really good, but anyone who is in place will step up, thats how Pete has build this team. It also opens up opportunities to the next man up. I mean, it is sad, but Seahawks as a team is not dependent on one or two guys, now if RW is not playing I would be more worried, but our defensive unit is great as a team. The whole team is fast and understands different complex packages. I am more concerned about scheming, 49ers always have something new that they don't show all year when they play the Seahawks, I think our defense has matured enough to overcome that now, otherwise the 50+ points would not have happened.
    seahawks08
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:19 am
  • Am I being crazy or does it seem from my untrained eye that Sherman has dropped off a little since the aderrall incident...
    Superbowl.
    NJHawksFan
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:25 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:The NFL almost always suspends players at the beginning of the week, so that teams can plan for his replacement and give the replacement some reps with the first team unit in practice. It's very unlikely Sherman will miss this Sunday's game if his appeal is denied on Friday. If the NFL does do that, though...I will be calling some MAJOR BS on that. It would reek of actively trying to screw the Seahawks.

So in other words, expect it?
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:33 am
  • It's hard not to assume that they'll break the "norm" and just suspend him right away, this IS the Hawks we're talking about here. But, I would think that he'll be out for the Rams game and playoffs. Browner taking his lumps and being ready for the playoffs is HUGE.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:47 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:The NFL almost always suspends players at the beginning of the week, so that teams can plan for his replacement and give the replacement some reps with the first team unit in practice. It's very unlikely Sherman will miss this Sunday's game if his appeal is denied on Friday. If the NFL does do that, though...I will be calling some MAJOR BS on that. It would reek of actively trying to screw the Seahawks.

i agree on the major BS part.. but it's not the NFL screwing us, it's sherman and browner..
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:56 am
  • NJHawksFan wrote:Am I being crazy or does it seem from my untrained eye that Sherman has dropped off a little since the aderrall incident...

Yeah, he sucked against Arizona. :|

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:29 am
  • Yeah, what a horrible game that was for him :?
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:33 am
  • NJHawksFan wrote:Am I being crazy or does it seem from my untrained eye that Sherman has dropped off a little since the aderrall incident...

Your eyes do indeed require more training. The PED test that Sherman supposedly failed was back in September.......so you're basically saying that Sherman has been bad all year. When in reality he's on many Pro Bowl lists (and would be on EVERYONE'S list if not for the PED cloud over his head right now).
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:20 am
  • I don't think if he loses the appeal, they have to wait, I don't know the rules, but based on patterns, if you accept the suspension, you normally do it after the game is played, but since this is an appeal, I have no clue how it will be applied. I Really think Sherman will not get suspended, but just intuiton, have no facts:)
    seahawks08
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:27 am

He had a career game against the Cardinals. So I don't think the Adderall was that much of a factor.
    Harbaugh is a lunatic and he'll either die on the sideline while trying to challenge the coin toss, or get into a filthy divorce from the 49ers that will end up with him getting $27 million a year from Michigan to fist fight the entire state of Ohio.

-- Some Random 49er Fan
    Jiggy
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:35 am
  • seahawks08 wrote:I don't think if he loses the appeal, they have to wait, I don't know the rules, but based on patterns, if you accept the suspension, you normally do it after the game is played, but since this is an appeal, I have no clue how it will be applied. I Really think Sherman will not get suspended, but just intuiton, have no facts:)

It's all so much clearer now. :sarcasm_off:
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:16 pm
  • I mean, he has kind of playing the worst starting QB in the league so I don't know how much we can praise him for a performance against Arizona. I remember him getting torched a few times against the Bills and everyone's excuse was that Stevie Johnson was really good.. I won't make any judgments right now - just something I wanted to bring up. No need for the sarcasm.
    Superbowl.
    NJHawksFan
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:37 pm
  • If he doesn't win his appeal it's gonna look like a really
    bad decision not to start his suspension when Browner
    started his, it's not like he'd have been missed against the
    Cardinals or Bills. I think we could have got to 10-6
    without Sherman and Browner and at least we would have
    had them both back for the playoffs.
    el capitan
    NET Starter

Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:41 pm
  • Well, after the way that pu*** Hairball whined and moaned after the last game, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets his way and they are BOTH out. This is football you pansy, lace em up and shut up. The Niners are the best D in the league, very physical etc. and yet he complains??? Sounds like a guy who is afraid that the Hawks are not intimidated by anyone. Put on your big boy pants coach, the 12th Man has a special B-Day/XMas present waiting for you Sunday night. Klapperface has no idea what he is about to run into.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:45 pm
  • NJHawksFan wrote:I mean, he has kind of playing the worst starting QB in the league so I don't know how much we can praise him for a performance against Arizona. I remember him getting torched a few times against the Bills and everyone's excuse was that Stevie Johnson was really good.. I won't make any judgments right now - just something I wanted to bring up. No need for the sarcasm.

He struggled a bit a couple of times lined up on the side he does not normally play. THey moved him all over the place, which is unusual.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:53 pm
  • Hawk-A-Loogie wrote:Is kelly jennings available? Lets sign him for one game! We need help! Any help!

Most desperate quote ever.

Lane and Maxwell > Jennings at any point in his career.

This was evident on the first passing play deep on Lane, and it was incomplete.
    Waiting to place an order for Seahulk arms.
    JrockRichards
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:45 pm

You're being crazy b/c he was amazing in the AZ game and a force with two picks, one a pick 6, a forced fumble and numerous tackles . He held Fitz to 1 catch for 2 yards, he was exceptional defending the pass. He plays better in man but against Buffalo he played a lot of zone, but was far from awful in that game. He also was a star in the Chicago game so if your untrained eye was focused on just the Buffalo game it missed out on two other exception performances. If anything I think his play has improved since the announcement of the suspensions which causes me to think if he used the substance intentionally, it gave him zero advantage.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to completely take the final step. That was done and the final step was taken.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons.

What a special magical year!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:03 pm
  • NJHawksFan wrote:I mean, he has kind of playing the worst starting QB in the league so I don't know how much we can praise him for a performance against Arizona. I remember him getting torched a few times against the Bills and everyone's excuse was that Stevie Johnson was really good.. I won't make any judgments right now - just something I wanted to bring up. No need for the sarcasm.

The failed test is from September though, so he's been playing with that failed test for pretty much most of the season. Not to mention he held Fitzgerald to 2yards, Steve Johnson did get the best of him last week though.
    Killa Kam
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:11 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information