Seahawks/49er Stats

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2012/12/18/hawks-49ers-stats-5/[/urltargetblank]

The stats between us and the 49ers are the most equitable I've seen in any of our matchups this year on both sides of the ball and pretty much each phase of the game.

There is one stat in particular that I'd like to get ranked higher than them after our game on Sunday and that is.....

Points Allowed/Game.....Seahawks...15.64(2)......49ers...15.57(1)

sam1313

Reaction score
Fun facts: ESPN has the Niners # 1 in their current “power rankings”. Every time they have been # 1 this year they have lost the next game. Also, if you look at the season as a whole, the Niners have won 2 and then lost or tied the next game. All year. They just won two in a row, so if the pattern holds… (Duekshire)

Read more here: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks ... rylink=cpy

Interesting factoid. SFF's fact has me kind of concerned, but we are a lot better in win % after those first 6 games, right? strange...

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":11em6966 said:
Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@espn_nfcwest
Seahawks ranked second in yards per carry allowed thru Week 6 (3.3). They rank 32nd from Wk 7-15 at 5.3.

which stat is more important, yards per carry or points per game?

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
kidhawk":34owzd0m said:
SeahawksFanForever":34owzd0m said:
Seahawks ranked second in yards per carry allowed thru Week 6 (3.3). They rank 32nd from Wk 7-15 at 5.3.

Of course, points per game. Bend but not break type of philosophy.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":h11hee64 said:
SeahawksFanForever":h11hee64 said:

SeahawksFanForever":h11hee64 said:
Of course, points per game. Bend but not break type of philosophy.

I do have our concerns about our run defense, don't get me wrong, but if we can beat the Niners this weekend, we will have the #1 ranked defense using the PPG statistic and that is what I want to see happen. The rest of the stats are meaningless if we don't get the Win and the Win gives us that category

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Yup! Winning means more than anything else.

A lot of us fans are arguing about our players being overlooked; Wilson for OROY and Wagner for DROY. Honestly, I could care less about all these awards if we win the superbowl.

Winning is everything.