Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Breakdown of Sherman vs. Stevie Johnson
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:14 am 
NET Veteran

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... week-15-2/

This Earl Thomas part pissed me off at the end....for some reason, PFF is not a fan of Earl...

Quote:
The player that should be able to make a play on this ball is safety Earl Thomas, lined up to Johnson’s side as part of a three-safety look on the play, but unfortunately Thomas does a lousy job of recognizing the route. He keys off the quarterback and by the time he takes off running to his right the route is already coming in behind him. For as much praise as Thomas gets for being an elite player in coverage, plays like this, showing an unfortunate lack of awareness, are what holds him back from being amongst the best in the NFL.

Post subject: Re: Breakdown of Sherman vs. Stevie Johnson
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:18 am 
NET Veteran

I actually have to agree with him. Thomas is super instinctive in run recognition, but sometimes I think he gets fool on passes. He is still very young and will learn, but I can't say that this isn't at least partially true.

"We all we got, we all we need"

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:25 am 
NET Veteran

one perceived bad play does not take away the elite status of one of the nfl's best players. Great thing about this is, they don't have to like him for him to be elite. He just is.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:34 am 
NET Starter

Good article. Stevie reminds me of T.O. back in the 49ers days. Marriucci would move T.O. around a lot and put him in the slot because it gave him more freedom and T.O. could easily beat press coverage. Jeff Garcia had similar arm strength to Fitzpatrick which is another similarity of the duo. I haven't watched as much of Stevie Johnson as I did with T.O. naturally since we played the 49ers so often, and I don't know if they use Stevie as often on those short slant routes like the 49ers used T.O.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:09 am 
NET Starter

Earl Thomas has elite instincts and range, but man, Earl just disappoints with his catching, ain't the best, i was SHOCKED considering i watch every game, that Thomas has 3 int, which is pretty good. I noticed more dropped int, i guess that is why i think that is a lot since when was the last time he got the 2nd int, hard for me to remember. If Earl just got half of those drops, he would probably have like 5 or 6 int, man, could have been game changing turnovers with just 2 or 3 more, that's probably why PFF is kind of disappointed in him this year.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:11 am 
* 17Power Blogger *

And once again, we're forced to give opposing skill players their due instead of just assuming that our defense is tanking.

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:29 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*

Hmmm, this makes me feel better about Sherman.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]