Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Re: 12 Flag on SNF
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:13 pm 
NET Veteran

Not a fan of white guys rapping. But I could care less who raises the flag these days. That and I'm tired of the organization shoving his music down our throats. God I hope this is a low scoring affair.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:15 pm 
NET Rookie

I'm no hip hop fan, but he lived in Olympia while he was going to Evergreen State College and my niece knew him quite well. She says he's a good guy who is trying to do good things in the world. And --- he loves his town of Seattle and it's sports teams more than anything.

edited because I'm so frickin' old I said hip hop instead of rap ... which I also can do without.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:21 pm 
Eli Positioner Extraordinaire

i guess i have been living under a rock, because i have never heard of this guy until now... i am not a fan of rap/hip hop... but this is some seriously amazing musical artwork. Watching that tribute to Dave Niehaus, gave me chills and brings back so many childhood memories of that day and time watching the Mariners, after I would get home from my after school baseball practices... true artistic talent and i will cheer this guy on, and YELL for our Seahawks as he raises Seattle's 12th man flag !!

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:25 pm 
NET Veteran

Yeah I'm not trying to harp (yes I am) on this but I hung out w him a lot when he lived in Oly and he has done nothing but get more popular and rep the NW since then so I feel like this is the perfect person for this game

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:35 pm 
* NET Curmudgeon *
* NET Curmudgeon *

skater18000 wrote:
Rather have Aaron Curry!!! Afterall he saved us from the Mark Sanchez ERA... thank you Aaron Curry...

This made me laugh!

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:42 pm 
NET Rookie

Ken Griffey, Jr. has already raised the flag.

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/v ... 27a9dc6ff8

I could think of worse than Macklemore. As many have said, they aren't into rap, but who cares? A lot of people are. I'm not one of them, but I know this guy has done tunes professing his love for the locals, and that, to me, is more worthy than Drew freakin' Carey.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:50 pm 
NET Veteran

Psychobabbler wrote:

I could think of worse than Macklemore. As many have said, they aren't into rap, but who cares? A lot of people are. I'm not one of them, but I know this guy has done tunes professing his love for the locals, and that, to me, is more worthy than Drew freakin' Carey.

Drew Carey is part owner of the Sounders and reps Seattle on a regular basis since their inception. He's the driving force behind the fans having input on the GM etc. I think that deserved to get him a spot raising the flag.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:54 pm 
NET Veteran

dunceface wrote:
If you can't see that having an independent LOCAL artist who is blowing the doors off of the recording industry and talking about real issues like gay rights, materialism in the youth today, and has even written heart warming tribute songs about Dave Niehaus and Jean Enersen and maintains a positive and fun demeanor and is actually a dope MC...then your post is stupid.

Who's this post referring to?

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:31 pm 
NET Veteran

Are you guys speculating that it might be Macklemore or has it been reported? Any former great Hawk is cool with me, I don't have anything against Mack but I'd rather the flag bearer be a big name to get the crowd pumped.

I'd love for Shaun Alexander to raise the flag, it's a shame that his career with us ended the way it did.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:35 pm 
NET Veteran

The Presidents Of The United States Of America. LUMP the Whiners!!!!

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:52 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *

Great for Mack!

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:54 pm 
NET Veteran

-The Glove- wrote:
dunceface wrote:
If you can't see that having an independent LOCAL artist who is blowing the doors off of the recording industry and talking about real issues like gay rights, materialism in the youth today, and has even written heart warming tribute songs about Dave Niehaus and Jean Enersen and maintains a positive and fun demeanor and is actually a dope MC...then your post is stupid.

Who's this post referring to?

Not you...just stupid heads!

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:04 pm 
* NET Moderator *

Macklemore raising the flag would be about as exciting as the old Jazzersize ladies doing halftime.

Lame.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:15 pm 
NET Rookie

My vote: Jerry Rice

That would be epic :49ersmall:

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:17 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *

JSeahawks wrote:
Macklemore raising the flag would be about as exciting as the old Jazzersize ladies doing halftime.

Lame.

INCORRECT

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:17 pm 
NET Veteran

I get why some people want Macklemore, he isn't a terrible rapper and its nice that he "reps" Seattle and all that.

Honestly, I just want a Seahawk to raise the flag Sunday night. Having a rising star rapper is "neat", but, is this a game for "neat"? Is the crowd going to pop for this guy? Some might, yeah, but is everyone. They need to hit a home run with it Sunday night. Macklemore isn't a home run, he's a double in the gap.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:21 pm 
NET Starter

Heart just made it into the Rock n Roll HOF. Just sayin.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:22 pm 
Eli Positioner Extraordinaire

King Dog wrote:

oh jeeeze, wouldn't that be something.... of epic disaster in so many ways

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:32 pm 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

Slick wrote:
Not a fan of white guys rapping. But I could care less who raises the flag these days. That and I'm tired of the organization shoving his music down our throats. God I hope this is a low scoring affair.

Change just one word in this post, and it would be a shit storm. Or maybe if you were quite literally blind, you would describe people differently.

Until then, Peace.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:36 pm 
NET Rookie

djTOY2000 wrote:
King Dog wrote:

oh jeeeze, wouldn't that be something.... of epic disaster in so many ways

Can you imagine Jerry strutting out in a Hawks jersey? 49ers fans would lose it. Lol

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:34 pm 
* NET Alumni *

If you want a former 49er/Seahawk then I pick Ricky Watters. He'd be absolutely perfect. If the fans can't get up for Ricky who speaks of himself in the third person and was the hardest playing Seahawk maybe ever, then they won't get excited for anything.

My second choice would be Chad Brown. That SOB played his butt off every single down. He's a legend that seems to have been forgotten. Walk him out there in his old jersey and see the fans go nuts. Ricky or Chad. Either way... you can't lose.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:46 pm 
NET Veteran

I absolutely love the idea of Ricky Watters. Nothing but respect the hell out of that guy.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:34 am 
NET Veteran

Chad Brown, hell no. Hes on the radio here in Denver and any chance he gets he SMASHES the Seahawk organization. He was a Colorado Buffalo and Pittsburgh Stealer and thats it. His time in Seattle was a JOKE to him and he lets everyone in Denver know it. I liked Chad before I heard him on the radio here, now...not so much. Check him out afternoons on Denver ESPN radio.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:38 am 
NET Veteran

Dang theres been some really petty argueing on this board today, I think some of us are stressed for the holidays, I know I am. Lets try n be easy and all get along. We all are 12s and are here for the same reason.
Peace/

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:54 am 
*Bacon Eating Crusader*
*Bacon Eating Crusader*

Navyhawkfan187 wrote:
Psychobabbler wrote:

Drew Carey is part owner of the Sounders and reps Seattle on a regular basis since their inception. He's the driving force behind the fans having input on the GM etc. I think that deserved to get him a spot raising the flag.

Maybe.. it was terrible timing.. MNF the week after losing to his beloved Browns.. I was severely disappointed in the choice for a MNF game.. Sounders had not even played a game yet and he was raising the flag.. Carey was not a good choice at that time.. now, maybe but not Nov 2007

Where can I find Seahawks98.com???

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:56 am 
*Bacon Eating Crusader*
*Bacon Eating Crusader*

seahawk2k wrote:
I absolutely love the idea of Ricky Watters. Nothing but respect the hell out of that guy.

Watters has already done it..

http://www.seahawks.com/gameday/12th-ma ... isers.html

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:01 am 
*Bacon Eating Crusader*
*Bacon Eating Crusader*

Scottemojo wrote:
Slick wrote:

Change just one word in this post, and it would be a shit storm. Or maybe if you were quite literally blind, you would describe people differently.

Until then, Peace.

Slick- the term is "couldn't care less".. if you are inferring that you have total apathy towards the flag raising experience

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:01 am 
NET Veteran

Scottemojo wrote:
Slick wrote:

Until then, Peace.

Yeah, in retrospect it was a bitter post. I already voiced my opinion in the Shack on this. Should have left it there.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:57 am 
NET Bench Warmer

Macklemore is a perfect choice in my opinion. He embodies what seattle is. All of his videos and music have seattle references and show the good sides of seattle. He is a long time fan of seattle teams and seems like a great guy. I have never heard of him till now and dont really listen to this kind of music but like others have said his "my oh my" tribute song gives you chills and memories. He is doing great things for seattle and his song is our touchdown music. He is not a guy rapping about random cars, money, girls. He is trying to help make a difference with his music.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]