Are we going to smoke SF Sunday night?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • The first two sentences above show that you are saying that explosive/circumstantial plays = garbage game. There is no other way to read that.

    You think the Seahawks will blow them out, and if they do, I'll give you all the credit on here. But if they don't, will you own up to it?


    1 great drive at the beginning of the game, 4 fumbles, shanked FG, INT (terrible throw into double coverage), Lucky fumble recoveries that could have gone either way (sorry this is circumstantial, nobody controls how the ball bounces), capitalized on 2 terrible throws by brady with INTs, failed fourth down conversion, gave up 28 unanswered points, gave up 500+ yards, two FG's, two stops in the Redzone that only netted a FG, gave up the last drive to NE with 50seconds or whatever on the clock, what if NE gets the onside kick (SF probably would have lost the game the way they were letting Brady and company move the ball in the second half)

    Other than that there was like 5-6 Explosive plays. Sorry man everything I have listed here adds up to, half garbage football + half luck in my opinion.

    What's my point? I feel like the Seahawks have a High probability of blowing out SF, if they don't well it's a prediction. I'm not a psychic. If we lose the game, I will own up to it. I'm just predicting based off what I saw, and it wasn't as good as the mediots are reporting.
    12thManHawkFan
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 245
    Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:42 am


  • 60niners wrote:
    HoustonHawk82 wrote:Provided we are all still here Friday afternoon, I'd say the planets are aligned quite nicely for a Seahawks victory.

    As I mentioned in another thread, it's really a game that will be a very tough one for the Niners to eek out a victory in. So many conditions favor the Hawks it's not even fair. Home at the Clink, nationally-televised, last game before Christmas, the whole league will be watching, the 12's will be a force, and we've got Wilson.

    One thing's for sure, it'll be a question of how many interceptions Kaerpenick will throw. Optimus will be on his game, Lane is looking better, ET is all over the place, we've got KJ Wright playing sweet coverage from the LB spot, and Kam is, well, just Kam. If we contain Gore and cover the deep ball, we're good.

    I'm curious how the bolded favors the Seahawks? Our last match was nationally televised as well. Home field advantage definitely favors the Hawks, but I really don't see how those others are advantages.

    My personal opinion is that this game will come down to how well Seattles offense can play against the Niner defense. They aren't going to play like they did against the Cards and Bills... But how well or badly they play will really set the tempo for the game me thinks. Seattles defense should play better than in the first meeting, but so should the 49er offense.


    Roland touched on it already. It's about a thing we Seahawks fans feel when we watch how our team plays in the national games, especially in the midst of the holiday season.

    With the mentality of this 2012 team under Pete Carroll, the Sunday, Monday, or Thursday games are used for extra motivation. We see the difference in the players with elevated play during the night games. The fact that it is a home game multiplies that effect by 10-fold. The Seattle Seahawks will be ready to play, you can bet your a** they will. This element is a definite advantage.

    We've seen some pretty spectacular personal performances from key players in night games over the years. One Sunday Night in particular, I remember watching Shaun Alexander score his 5th touchdown of the first half against the Vikings. That record won't be broken any time soon. Oh, and there was the complete annialation of the Eagles, in Philly, during a snowstorm. I could go on and on. Night games are the Seahawks thing.
    "God bless America, and God bless the Seattle Seahawks" - Cortez Kennedy
    User avatar
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *
     
    Posts: 5774
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:51 am
    Location: is not important, when you're good.


  • I feel the smoke will be not nearly as large as the last home game, but pretty close.

    I have a ton of respect for the 49ers, but I also feel the 12 gives the Hawks an advantage that no other team has in the league.

    Hawks 31, 49ers 17.

    Go Hawks!
    Waiting to place an order for Seahulk arms.
    User avatar
    JrockRichards
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 7
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:57 am


  • HoustonHawk82 wrote:
    60niners wrote:
    HoustonHawk82 wrote:Provided we are all still here Friday afternoon, I'd say the planets are aligned quite nicely for a Seahawks victory.

    As I mentioned in another thread, it's really a game that will be a very tough one for the Niners to eek out a victory in. So many conditions favor the Hawks it's not even fair. Home at the Clink, nationally-televised, last game before Christmas, the whole league will be watching, the 12's will be a force, and we've got Wilson.

    One thing's for sure, it'll be a question of how many interceptions Kaerpenick will throw. Optimus will be on his game, Lane is looking better, ET is all over the place, we've got KJ Wright playing sweet coverage from the LB spot, and Kam is, well, just Kam. If we contain Gore and cover the deep ball, we're good.

    I'm curious how the bolded favors the Seahawks? Our last match was nationally televised as well. Home field advantage definitely favors the Hawks, but I really don't see how those others are advantages.

    My personal opinion is that this game will come down to how well Seattles offense can play against the Niner defense. They aren't going to play like they did against the Cards and Bills... But how well or badly they play will really set the tempo for the game me thinks. Seattles defense should play better than in the first meeting, but so should the 49er offense.


    Roland touched on it already. It's about a thing we Seahawks fans feel when we watch how our team plays in the national games, especially in the midst of the holiday season.

    With the mentality of this 2012 team under Pete Carroll, the Sunday, Monday, or Thursday games are used for extra motivation. We see the difference in the players with elevated play during the night games. The fact that it is a home game multiplies that effect by 10-fold. The Seattle Seahawks will be ready to play, you can bet your a** they will. This element is a definite advantage.

    We've seen some pretty spectacular personal performances from key players in night games over the years. One Sunday Night in particular, I remember watching Shaun Alexander score his 5th touchdown of the first half against the Vikings. That record won't be broken any time soon. Oh, and there was the complete annialation of the Eagles, in Philly, during a snowstorm. I could go on and on. Night games are the Seahawks thing.

    I see. I guess we feel the same way because in the current Harbaugh era, we've been pretty dominant in prime-time games as well. I do think it's pretty badass though that the Niners get their biggest (currently) division rival's games both nationally televised this year.
    JSeahawks wrote:We might as well rename this site Seahawks&49ers.net.
    User avatar
    60niners
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 219
    Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:22 pm


  • JrockRichards wrote:I feel the smoke will be not nearly as large as the last home game, but pretty close.

    I have a ton of respect for the 49ers, but I also feel the 12 gives the Hawks an advantage that no other team has in the league.

    Hawks 31, 49ers 17.

    Go Hawks!

    I think the score will be a bit closer, but I agree with your take on the Clink. Most HFAs average in the area of 3-5 pts, I think the Clink is worth more like 7, if not more. Hat's off to the design team (and #12). Very difficult venue for a visiting team and Kaep is about to lose his virginity.
    User avatar
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5025
    Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
    Location: The 5-0


  • Smoke em if you got em :thirishdrinkers: :th2thumbs: :180670:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    User avatar
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 2283
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:17 am
    Location: St George, UT


  • 12thManHawkFan wrote:
    The first two sentences above show that you are saying that explosive/circumstantial plays = garbage game. There is no other way to read that.

    You think the Seahawks will blow them out, and if they do, I'll give you all the credit on here. But if they don't, will you own up to it?


    1 great drive at the beginning of the game, 4 fumbles, shanked FG, INT (terrible throw into double coverage), Lucky fumble recoveries that could have gone either way (sorry this is circumstantial, nobody controls how the ball bounces), capitalized on 2 terrible throws by brady with INTs, failed fourth down conversion, gave up 28 unanswered points, gave up 500+ yards, two FG's, two stops in the Redzone that only netted a FG, gave up the last drive to NE with 50seconds or whatever on the clock, what if NE gets the onside kick (SF probably would have lost the game the way they were letting Brady and company move the ball in the second half)

    Other than that there was like 5-6 Explosive plays. Sorry man everything I have listed here adds up to, half garbage football + half luck in my opinion.

    What's my point? I feel like the Seahawks have a High probability of blowing out SF, if they don't well it's a prediction. I'm not a psychic. If we lose the game, I will own up to it. I'm just predicting based off what I saw, and it wasn't as good as the mediots are reporting.


    What is up with your insistance that "Explosive Plays" are "lucky"? They are the reason Kaep is in the game to begin with. He threw 4 TDs and ALL of them were more than 20 yards and 2 were over 30 yards. If Wilson had done that you'd be singing his praises. Instead, Kaep is "lucky". Nice homerism.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2572
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • " garbage game " Really? Reach much ? 41 points and only 1 drive was any good? Ill take 34 garbage points every week. Anyways what does last week have to do with this coming Sunday Night game? Your not playing the Cardinals defense .Seahawks are facing the same defense they scored a whole 3 "garbage" points against ealier in the year. Oh yeah and Wilson is no Brady. Good luck.
    49erFanFromPac
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 5
    Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:51 pm


  • Seahawks win by 6, remain undefeated at home.
    Image
    "Somehow a second year quarterback was more ready for this game, than a first ballot hall of famer!?"
    -DMac 104.3 Denver The Fan after Super Bowl XLVIII
    User avatar
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2170
    Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:33 pm
    Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Raised: Florida


  • 49erFanFromPac wrote:" garbage game " Really? Reach much ? 41 points and only 1 drive was any good? Ill take 34 garbage points every week. Anyways what does last week have to do with this coming Sunday Night game? Your not playing the Cardinals defense .Seahawks are facing the same defense they scored a whole 3 "garbage" points against ealier in the year. Oh yeah and Wilson is no Brady. Good luck.


    No Wilson isn't but he did beat him, Kaepernick isn't either, but he beat him as well.

    No ones smoking anyone or anything in this game though.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 18838
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


  • I think anybody thinking this won't be close is being obtuse and trying to pump themselves up. Now, as we all know, the final score does not always reflect the closeness of a game, so one team could pull away late, but I expect this game to be essentially a bare knuckle brawl.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 10603
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


  • We've seen some pretty spectacular personal performances from key players in night games over the years. One Sunday Night in particular, I remember watching Shaun Alexander score his 5th touchdown of the first half against the Vikings. That record won't be broken any time soon.


    I wouldn't be so sure of that. Russell had four in the first half versus the Bills ... in his rookie season.
    User avatar
    Fox0r
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *
     
    Posts: 1874
    Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:30 pm
    Location: Lynnwood, WA


  • Scottemojo wrote:I think anybody thinking this won't be close is being obtuse and trying to pump themselves up. Now, as we all know, the final score does not always reflect the closeness of a game, so one team could pull away late, but I expect this game to be essentially a bare knuckle brawl.


    That we can agree on....especially since it's starting to look like Justin Smith won't play. Yikes.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2572
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:I think anybody thinking this won't be close is being obtuse and trying to pump themselves up. Now, as we all know, the final score does not always reflect the closeness of a game, so one team could pull away late, but I expect this game to be essentially a bare knuckle brawl.


    That we can agree on....especially since it's starting to look like Justin Smith won't play. Yikes.


    justin won't play? I take it all back, ass kicking time.
    Just kidding. But without Justin, Aldon will be less effective. We are missing Browner, however, and I think his thugishness will be sorely missed by us.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 10603
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:I think anybody thinking this won't be close is being obtuse and trying to pump themselves up. Now, as we all know, the final score does not always reflect the closeness of a game, so one team could pull away late, but I expect this game to be essentially a bare knuckle brawl.


    That we can agree on....especially since it's starting to look like Justin Smith won't play. Yikes.


    Can you also sit Aldon Smith... guy is a machine.
    Image
    "Somehow a second year quarterback was more ready for this game, than a first ballot hall of famer!?"
    -DMac 104.3 Denver The Fan after Super Bowl XLVIII
    User avatar
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2170
    Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:33 pm
    Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Raised: Florida


  • Scottemojo wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:I think anybody thinking this won't be close is being obtuse and trying to pump themselves up. Now, as we all know, the final score does not always reflect the closeness of a game, so one team could pull away late, but I expect this game to be essentially a bare knuckle brawl.


    That we can agree on....especially since it's starting to look like Justin Smith won't play. Yikes.


    justin won't play? I take it all back, ass kicking time.
    Just kidding. But without Justin, Aldon will be less effective. We are missing Browner, however, and I think his thugishness will be sorely missed by us.


    Its not for sure, but the players seem to thinnk Ricky Jean-Francois will be playing. Rickys actually pretty good and got a sack in NE, but lets be real...he's not Justin Smith.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2572
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    12thManHawkFan wrote:
    Other than that there was like 5-6 Explosive plays. Sorry man everything I have listed here adds up to, half garbage football + half luck in my opinion.

    What's my point? I feel like the Seahawks have a High probability of blowing out SF, if they don't well it's a prediction. I'm not a psychic. If we lose the game, I will own up to it. I'm just predicting based off what I saw, and it wasn't as good as the mediots are reporting.


    What is up with your insistance that "Explosive Plays" are "lucky"? They are the reason Kaep is in the game to begin with. He threw 4 TDs and ALL of them were more than 20 yards and 2 were over 30 yards. If Wilson had done that you'd be singing his praises. Instead, Kaep is "lucky". Nice homerism.


    When I'm predicting a game coming up, I look at how the other team has succeeded recently. Then I bounce that production against how I think the Seahawks would have performed. 5-6 explosive plays against a terrible secondary, not going to happen Sunday. Let's say Kaep gets 1-2 that nets 10 points + 1 sustained drive 7, or maybe 3 after all SF was stopped in the Redzone multiple times last Sunday. Turnovers? Not going to be the same as your NE turnover frenzy that was last Sunday, maybe Seattle gives up 1, but will SF capitalize? I don't see it. Like I said I think SEA will stop the explosive plays Sunday. So what are we at... 13-17 points. That's not going to get it done, you guys are getting ready to play an Offense that is ON FIRE, to say the least.

    Let's not forget, you guys just lost to the Rams, what two weeks ago? What happened in that game? 1 sustained drive, 5 punts, a safety, a FG, a fumble by your hero that lead to losing the lead, oh another FG...OT punt, Shanked FG (trend?).

    You guys had a ton of explosive plays that game right? You can't bank on them. If that is all you had all game, then ya i think the game was garbage. I would say lopsided if SF didn't almost BLOW THE ENTIRE GAME by giving up 28 points in 1 quarter. What is the whole point of my article? I wanted to know if any SEAHAWK fans were feeling the same way I was after the game last Sunday. The media is painting this picture as if SF is the most amazing team since sliced bread. I'm sorry I dont see it that way, I'm not worried about Sunday at all. I think that Seattle is going to put SF to sleep by the end of the third quarter.
    12thManHawkFan
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 245
    Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:42 am


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    12thManHawkFan wrote:
    Other than that there was like 5-6 Explosive plays. Sorry man everything I have listed here adds up to, half garbage football + half luck in my opinion.

    What's my point? I feel like the Seahawks have a High probability of blowing out SF, if they don't well it's a prediction. I'm not a psychic. If we lose the game, I will own up to it. I'm just predicting based off what I saw, and it wasn't as good as the mediots are reporting.


    What is up with your insistance that "Explosive Plays" are "lucky"? They are the reason Kaep is in the game to begin with. He threw 4 TDs and ALL of them were more than 20 yards and 2 were over 30 yards. If Wilson had done that you'd be singing his praises. Instead, Kaep is "lucky". Nice homerism.


    When I'm predicting a game coming up, I look at how the other team has succeeded recently. Then I bounce that production against how I think the Seahawks would have performed. 5-6 explosive plays against a terrible secondary, not going to happen Sunday. Let's say Kaep gets 1-2 that nets 10 points + 1 sustained drive 7, or maybe 3 after all SF was stopped in the Redzone multiple times last Sunday. Turnovers? Not going to be the same as your NE turnover frenzy that was last Sunday, maybe Seattle gives up 1, but will SF capitalize? I don't see it. Like I said I think SEA will stop the explosive plays Sunday. So what are we at... 13-17 points. That's not going to get it done, you guys are getting ready to play an Offense that is ON FIRE, to say the least.

    Let's not forget, you guys just lost to the Rams, what two weeks ago? What happened in that game? 1 sustained drive, 5 punts, a safety, a FG, a fumble by your hero that lead to losing the lead, oh another FG...OT punt, Shanked FG (trend?).

    You guys had a ton of explosive plays that game right? You can't bank on them. If that is all you had all game, then ya i think the game was garbage. I would say lopsided if SF didn't almost BLOW THE ENTIRE GAME by giving up 28 points in 1 quarter. What is the whole point of my article? I wanted to know if any SEAHAWK fans were feeling the same way I was after the game last Sunday. The media is painting this picture as if SF is the most amazing team since sliced bread. I'm sorry I dont see it that way, I'm not worried about Sunday at all. I think that Seattle is going to put SF to sleep by the end of the third quarter.[/quote]



    If your point is that the 49ers won't attack the Seahawks the same way they attacked the Pats...

    Um...duh?

    That doesn't make the plays against the Pats lucky. They were well designed and executed. Yes, the 49ers lost to the Rams. How could I possibly forget wen every fan on every forum reminds all Niner fans and uses it as the examply of how to beat the Niners. What that won't tell you tho is that Kaep actually threw the game winner in that game and it was promptly dropped by Delanie Walker.

    Very possible that the Seahawks win, but saying the Niners game wasn't impressive is just BS.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2572
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Dont think im not equally as critical on the hawks as i am sf. our d pissed me the f off last sunday in the first half of the game, i think we should have shutdown the bills or at least been able to hold them to 10 or less. I contribute their failures to the continued road performances we have seen all year and dont expect to see any of it at home sunday.
    12thManHawkFan
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 245
    Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:42 am


  • We won by 33 points, that is plenty good enough.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2638
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • I know my friends get really irritated at me, after the game all i could talk about is how frustrated i was about giving them 17.
    12thManHawkFan
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 245
    Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:42 am


  • I wanted to bump this thread, I saw a post about doubters and wanted to point out that some of us saw this coming.
    12thManHawkFan
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 245
    Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:42 am


  • Where are the niner fans now? One of them said he would come here and admit the Seahawks were the better team if Seattle blew the niners out....WELL???
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1571
    Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:18 pm


  • It's Christmas, let him and his family it crow in private!
    Image Image
    User avatar
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2067
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:18 pm
    Location: Marysville, WA


Previous


It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:09 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information