Stopping Gore

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Stopping Gore
Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:18 am
  • Stopping Gore will be key to winning I believe. I think we can handle there WR's. But if Gore gets holes to run in then we should really worry about the play action. That will kill us. It's going to be a battle. I think we are up for the challenge!
    aredub
    NET Rookie

Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:30 am
  • Aristotle22 wrote:I am hoping that there is an answer to those quick up the middle runs that Gore has hurt us with in the past. It seemed like we had the niners bottled up and then WHAM, Gore up the middle for big gains.

There are those on this board that often discount explanations of the coaching staff as "coach speech". However, the coaching solution that has been given for those occasions where they have been gashed up the middle is ...... "gap discipline".
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:21 am
  • Jville wrote:
    Aristotle22 wrote:I am hoping that there is an answer to those quick up the middle runs that Gore has hurt us with in the past. It seemed like we had the niners bottled up and then WHAM, Gore up the middle for big gains.

There are those on this board that often discount explanations of the coaching staff as "coach speech". However, the coaching solution that has been given for those occasions where they have been gashed up the middle is ...... "gap discipline".

Watching the game, I believe this to be partially true because Bobby got caught several times on the wrong side of the center/Mebane. That said, our big D linemen were getting pushed around quite a bit, so even if Bobby didn't get trapped in the wrong gap, he is going to have to make difficult solo tackles against Gore. I hope that playing on our field (and not that muddy field in SF), our DL will look a lot better and force SF into smaller, more easily plugged gaps. I know I always hated playing on mud, and it certainly doesn't do our very quick D any favors. Anyway, telling myself this helps me sleep better at night until I think of playing these guys in SF in the playoffs (or any of the other natural turf fields for that matter - it seems like it causes our D to play poorly).

Fieldgulls just posted an article on this topic: http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/12/19/37 ... discipline
    "I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK
    sam1313
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:41 am
  • sam1313 wrote:
    Jville wrote:
    Aristotle22 wrote:I am hoping that there is an answer to those quick up the middle runs that Gore has hurt us with in the past. It seemed like we had the niners bottled up and then WHAM, Gore up the middle for big gains.

Watching the game, I believe this to be partially true because Bobby got caught several times on the wrong side of the center/Mebane. That said, our big D linemen were getting pushed around quite a bit, so even if Bobby didn't get trapped in the wrong gap, he is going to have to make difficult solo tackles against Gore. I hope that playing on our field (and not that muddy field in SF), our DL will look a lot better and force SF into smaller, more easily plugged gaps. I know I always hated playing on mud, and it certainly doesn't do our very quick D any favors. Anyway, telling myself this helps me sleep better at night until I think of playing these guys in SF in the playoffs (or any of the other natural turf fields for that matter - it seems like it causes our D to play poorly).

Fieldgulls just posted an article on this topic: http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/12/19/37 ... discipline

You know it's legit when it's by the Derek Stephens :mrgreen:

But great article! Made me feel quite a lot better about our run D.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:02 am
  • Nice find. Timely article. :th2thumbs: http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/12/19/37 ... discipline
    sam1313 wrote:
    Jville wrote:

Jville
    * NET Alumni *

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:18 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information