Wilson vs. Kaep straight up.... who do you take?

Wilson or Kaepernick?

• Wilson

Votes: 180 91.8%
  • Kaepernick

Votes: 16 8.2%

• Total voters

hawksfan515

Reaction score
I love Wilson, but is Kaep actually better? I have been arguing with 9er fans, and they insist that Kaep is better. Would love to hear opinions on both, because while I know a ton about Wilson (still could learn more), I barely know anything about Kaep, so 49er fans are welcome.

Which one do you take for the whole ride, short term and long term? Personally, I would take Wilson, as I think he is so much more polished and ready for the NFL, safer with the ball, and learns from his mistakes insanely quickly, but some 9er fans say Kaep. I think Kaep's very overrated personally. Wilson just doesn't seem to have any weaknesses. Sure, his first few games he was total crap out there, but now it's like he's unstoppable. Kaep has that amazing running game to lean on, while Wilson's running game is on and off. Wilson has been forced to put the team on his back more, while with Kaep he definitely looks more like the "point guard" that Russell Wilson was supposed to be, in that he can't really take control of the team when that running game can't gain a yard and he has to pass all 3 downs.

Opinions?

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
A World Peace":2p17okqz said:
Its a seahawk website...kinda obvious where this is going

I'm really hoping some 9er fans chime in. I am actually kinda worried that Wilson isn't as good as Kaep. Also, I think eventually someone smarter than me (Scottemojo, Kearly, Volsung, Montana, ect.) will tell me how it is. Just a hope.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Stupid poll. That's like asking if you'd rather have Ryan Leaf or Peyton Manning. Kaepernick will be out of the league in 5 years.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
I would be more interested if you posted this on some neutral board for some actual results. I would suggest the Cardinals board, but no ones probably been on one for several weeks

NYCoug

Reaction score
I've been thinking since Kaepernick got the nod that he's sort of Russell's "evil twin." Similar skillset just bigger, more tatted up, taller.

However, "good" will prevail in this one. I'm thinking Russell's work ethic makes him a legend while Kaepernick's career is filled with coulda shoulda woulda's, nagging injuries, and unfulfilled potential.

That's what I hope at least haha

Seahawkscrazy

Reaction score
hawksfan515":l1p04mx4 said:
I love Wilson, but is Kaep actually better? I have been arguing with 9er fans, and they insist that Kaep is better. Would love to hear opinions on both, because while I know a ton about Wilson (still could learn more), I barely know anything about Kaep, so 49er fans are welcome.

Which one do you take for the whole ride, short term and long term? Personally, I would take Wilson, as I think he is so much more polished and ready for the NFL, safer with the ball, and learns from his mistakes insanely quickly, but some 9er fans say Kaep. I think Kaep's very overrated personally. Wilson just doesn't seem to have any weaknesses. Sure, his first few games he was total crap out there, but now it's like he's unstoppable. Kaep has that amazing running game to lean on, while Wilson's running game is on and off. Wilson has been forced to put the team on his back more, while with Kaep he definitely looks more like the "point guard" that Russell Wilson was supposed to be, in that he can't really take control of the team when that running game can't gain a yard and he has to pass all 3 downs.

Opinions?

The Niners fans can't even decide if they'd rather have Kaep or Smith....seriously doubt we still have the same Wilson v. Flynn drama going here.

Wilson, all day, every day. #HustleWilson

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I think its an interesting question. I think if the question was strictly for one year, like this year, I might take Kaep. However, short and long-term, I'd take Wilson, which is who I chose. Personally, with his style, I think Kaeperneck will not last a long time, and Wilson will have the longer successful career.

jkitsune

Reaction score
There's no way to tell which one's better. Neither has played very many games. Wilson has had a great season. Kaep's had a great few games. Wilson was not 'total crap' the first few games, and Kaepernick hasn't been a 'point guard.' Who knows who will be better? Anyone trying to tell you they know for sure one's superior to the other is blowing smoke.

Given that, I'll take my boy Wilson.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
jkitsune":6wtx6yt2 said:
There's no way to tell which one's better. Neither has played very many games. Wilson has had a great season. Kaep's had a great few games. Wilson was not 'total crap' the first few games, and Kaepernick hasn't been a 'point guard.' Who knows who will be better? Anyone trying to tell you they know for sure one's superior to the other is blowing smoke.

To me I see more of a point guard. Let the running game do the work, and distribute the ball to your playmakers on deep shots.

Waiting for a Kearly confirmation.....

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
BlueThunder":2psk13k3 said:
Wow... Just for shits and giggles, post this poll on one of the Niners boards....

Someone should go post this thread on Footballs Future. A whole lot of people are biased on short QB's, but it would be more of a neutral opinion.

jkitsune

Reaction score
hawksfan515":16s5kxuj said:
jkitsune":16s5kxuj said:

To me I see more of a point guard. Let the running game do the work, and distribute the ball to your playmakers on deep shots.

Waiting for a Kearly confirmation.....

"Getting the ball to your playmakers on deep shots" is what you hope for any talented QB to do. The "point guard QB" was supposed to not turn the ball over, stay calm under pressure, and get the ball out quick to guys on short and intermediate routes to give them room in open space to create the explosive plays. They weren't there to create the plays themselves.

Kaepernick still has a tendency to make rookie mistakes under pressure, but his accuracy, arm strength, mobility, and pocket presence all seem good. The only weakness I thought I saw in his first couple of games was a tendency to lock onto his first read and unload it - that hasn't seemed to be present the last couple of games.

That said, Mirer also had a good rookie season before collapsing. You just never know with such a small sample size.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
How is this even a question? Kaepernick has been sitting and learning for a year-and-a-half. Wilson needed 6 weeks to start playing very well, and another few weeks to start playing at an very high level, which Kaepernick hasn't hit yet, and I'm not sure he will.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3k0dhnxy said:
How is this even a question? Kaepernick has been sitting and learning for a year-and-a-half. Wilson needed 6 weeks to start playing very well, and another few weeks to start playing at an very high level, which Kaepernick hasn't hit yet, and I'm not sure he will.

This post is very reassuring..... Thanks man.

And for Niners fan saying that he is so great after that 4 TD game, I still think it was incredibly fluky. Thought he was not that good after watching that game, just saying. I don't know if that's the Seattle homer in me seeing an average QB, but that's what I saw. I don't think he's better than RW.....

Pstark3

Reaction score
Another thing I noticed is that Kaep needs to learn how to slide.. He's gonna end up like RG3 if he keeps exposing himself like that when he scrambles

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Pstark3":2nooxa5v said:
Another thing I noticed is that Kaep needs to learn how to slide.. He's gonna end up like RG3 if he keeps exposing himself like that when he scrambles

I hope he learns the lesson RG3 just learned this coming Sunday. Wilson's got it down, 9 carries for 92 yards & 3 TDs, with ZERO HITS on those runs. I hope Kam puts an absolutely vicious hit on a Kaepernick run. Nothing that gives him a major injury, but a stinger keeping him out of a series or two would please me a lot.

Latest posts