Week 16 NFL Power Rankings from around the web

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Back-to-back 50-point games have put the league on notice, but something is holding me back from totally jumping on the Seahawks bandwagon. - Brian Billick

What is it with Billick? He's always seemed a touch cranky towards the Seahawks.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Aros":2nox6b1a said:
Back-to-back 50-point games have put the league on notice, but something is holding me back from totally jumping on the Seahawks bandwagon. - Brian Billick

What is it with Billick? He's always seemed a touch cranky towards the Seahawks.

We've beaten his Ravens the last two times we played. Maybe that's it?

Or maybe he wanted the job and the college glory boy Carroll got it instead....?

Nah, he's just being a be-otch.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
hawksfan515":2qy9r77q said:
Weird we are 7 on mostly everything. Weird.

I think it makes plenty of sense. In essentially every poll where we are 7th, the 6 teams ahead of us are the 49ers, Pats, Falcons, Broncos, Texans, and Packers. All of those teams have better records than us, and while we've beaten two of those teams, both of them have been playing pretty outstanding football recently.

Erebus

Reaction score
I was surprised that our highest ranking was from the NY Daily News. Figured they would be as east coast biased as possible.

A

Anonymous

Rankings shmankings.

(nice collection-post BT!)

If I am putting any stock in the power rankings, I'm thinking a #7 is fair. I'm good with it.

If I'm thinking it's all hogwash and the standings are all that matter, then I'm purely looking at the comments next to the rankings and getting a feel for what the talking heads are thinking of the team. From that standpoint, I (again) like what I'm reading. The ones that are embarrassed to have to rank the Hawks well, can..., well..., you know.

There's just something about folks waking up to the fact we're good that makes my daily grind a bit more palatable.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3rm4y94i said:
If I'm thinking it's all hogwash and the standings are all that matter, then I'm purely looking at the comments next to the rankings and getting a feel for what the talking heads are thinking of the team. From that standpoint, I (again) like what I'm reading. The ones that are embarrassed to have to rank the Hawks well, can..., well..., you know.

There's just something about folks waking up to the fact we're good that makes my daily grind a bit more palatable.

That's the main thing I like about the rankings... reading the comments. I just like feeling the respect, or lack of, from pundits around the league.

hoxrox

Reaction score
AP Pro32 rankings:

Chris Berman (ESPN, 7) - First back-to-back 50-point games since 1950.

Clifton Brown (Sporting News, 3) - Something special is brewing in Seattle, and it's not just the coffee.

Cris Collinsworth (NBC Sports, 7)

Rich Gannon (CBS Sports/SiriusXM NFL Radio, 7) - Quickly climbing up the charts each week and figuring out how to win on the road.

Bob Glauber (Newsday, 7) - Pete Carroll's team is heating up at the right time with 108 points combined in the last two games. Now he'll try and do a number on the 49ers at home.

Rick Gosselin (Dallas Morning News, 7) - The Seahawks rank just 16th in the NFL in offense. But you wouldn't know it by their games the last two weeks. Seattle has scored a combined 108 points in whipping Arizona (58-0) and Buffalo (50-17).

Clark Judge (CBSSports.com, 7) - Let's see these guys score 50 or more against the 49ers. It won't happen. But a victory could, and that would tell the Seahawks they can play with anyone ... so long as it's in Seattle.

Ira Kaufman (Tampa Tribune, 6) - Pete Carroll's marauding crew certainly has the attention of the 49ers.

Pat Kirwan (SiriusXM NFL Radio/CBSSports.com, 6) - 108 points in the last two games is a strong statement. The showdown against the 49ers is days away.

John Lynch (Fox Sports, 7) - Domination the last two weeks by the Seahawks! Seattle has outscored opponents 108-17 the last two weeks. If QB Russell Wilson continues to play like this, this defense is for real and this team can make some noise in the postseason.

Alex Marvez (Foxsports.com, 7) - Even if they beat San Francisco on Sunday night, it's looking like the Seahawks will enter the playoffs as the NFL's most dangerous wild-card team.

Dan Pompei (Chicago Tribune, 7) - Hot? You want hot? They have won their last two games by a combined score of 108-17. We'll see what they really are made of when they host the Niners Sunday night.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
hoxrox":1v1wue1m said:
Alex Marvez (Foxsports.com, 7) - Even if they beat San Francisco on Sunday night, it's looking like the Seahawks will enter the playoffs as the NFL's most dangerous wild-card team.

This one seems grammatically incorrect. Seems like it should say "Even if they don't beat San Francisco on Sunday night, it's looking like the Seahawks will enter the playoffs as the NFL's most dangerous wild-card team".

Ignoring that though, this post got me all fired up! It's been a LONG TIME since I've wanted to win a game this bad! GOD I'm gonna be SO bummed if we lose. But if we do, maybe I'll finally respect the fact that the 49ers are actually for real, 'cause right now I still feel they're pretenders... I dunno why, and I hope my 'hawks expose these guys and justify my gut feeling...