What if we have to play the Rams in a do or die game without

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Sherman (suspension), Browner (suspension) and lets say Thurmond is still injured.

Wow.
    VancitySeahawk
    NET Veteran

• This is a very realistic scenario.
    Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless: "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution!"

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12
    SeahawksFanForever
    NET Veteran

• SeahawksFanForever wrote:This is a very realistic scenario.

Maybe even Trufant.
    VancitySeahawk
    NET Veteran

• Let's deal with that when we have to. I don't want to think about it.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• Then the offense will need to score more points. No problem!
    lacenterhawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• Hopefully we get bad Bradford. If Amendola is playing, having those guys didn't help last game.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• If Thurmond and/or Trufant can't go this weekend, then my guess is both would be back for the Rams game. Carroll said they're both doing much better. Add in Guy and I think we'll manage.

Obviously not ideal but should be good enough to beat a Rams team ready to go on vacation.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• Well, then it would be a macthup of young inexperienced corners against a below average QB and below average WRs (except for Amendola who just may be the very definition of average).
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

• Not ideal, but I don't expect the Rams game to be much of a nail biter. That scenario could well come into play. But I'll take our chances in it.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Doesn't matter. We win.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• kobebryant wrote:Well, then it would be a macthup of young inexperienced corners against a below average QB and below average WRs (except for Amendola who just may be the very definition of average).

Bradford is not below average anymore. And the young Rams WRs have been making plays all year.
    VancitySeahawk
    NET Veteran

• The Rams didn't exactly light it up against the first time. They did not score an offensive touchdown . . . they had one big connection to Givens, but other than that they scored on excessively long field goals and a trick special teams play.

At C Link, with the playoffs on the line and our raucuous crowd helping our pass rushers - the loss of all of the above is marginalized. And the Lambies have not won in Seattle since, what -- 2004??

I ain't worried.
    @SeahawkGreg

GIVE US YOUR PINK SLIP, SANTA CLARA WHINERS. WE OWN YOU
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• VancitySeahawk wrote:
    kobebryant wrote:Well, then it would be a macthup of young inexperienced corners against a below average QB and below average WRs (except for Amendola who just may be the very definition of average).

Bradford is not below average anymore. And the young Rams WRs have been making plays all year.

I guess we have different standards for what we consider quality play, and its okay to disagree. But Bradford is the 20th ranked QB, considering that at any time there are 32 starting qbs that puts him at "below average".

Lets consider that at any time there is, give or take a few, 64 starting WRs in the NFL, Amendola is 56th in receiving yardage - that puts him at below average for a starter, but I will give him credit for games missed and past production and grant him average. Everyone else falls below average, just as I said.

But lets lot not let numbers get in the way of a fun topic, so I'll start working with conjecture: the Hawks are gonna pump those guys regardless of who is playing CB - Kevin Hobbs, Shaunard Harts, Jimmy Williams - it doesn't matter.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

• Honestly I feel we would still beat them by a pretty wide margin
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• At this point, I think Wilson is our only true "make or break" player (and even there, Flynn's a nice backup). I feel like every other position can be schemed around with backups. Unfortunately, this is just a self-imposed commonplace injury situation that teams deal with.
    Jac
    NET Veteran

• What happened in the last games don't matter. We lost to the same team we blew out 58-0.
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

• STL is a team I think we could just outscore in order to compensate for a dinged up D. Play our normal D and let our O pick up the slack. Im pretty comfortable getting in a shoot-out with them.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

• I'm with Abs here and want to add that I'd wager our guys are still stinging from the embarrassement of how we allowed them to win that game.

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• We straight up beat them with offense. I think we would have to. That would be a pretty scary scenario, lets hope it doesnt come to that
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• Although the odds are against us, let's not assume Sherman will be suspended before he's had his appeal.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:12 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information