Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tony Kornheiser - class act
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:23 am 
* Natural Rubbing Action *

Navyhawkfan187 wrote:
His actual quote was something along the lines of:

"You know how you get back at a guy like Pete Carroll? You take Wilson out of the game. You don't run for 3 TDs if his leg is broken."

Yea, 'cause that's classier. Any doubt whether he'd have some serious apologies to give, and probably be either suspended from his job or let go if he'd said, "You know how you lessen RGIII's chances for OROY? You take him out of the game. He can't put up good numbers if he's out for the season with a torn ACL."

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:27 am 
NET Veteran

Kornheiser's just jealous cause the tide's starting to turn on his beloved RG3's hype machine, as more people are now talking about Wilson.

Between him peeing all over Washington Sports, and Wilbon honking all over Chicago sports.....I have no idea why anyone watches PTI. It's basically like watching your two grandpas argue over why they lowered the mound in 1969.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:35 am 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*

rideaducati wrote:
Had Pete and John done what they are doing in Seattle for the Jets, John would be the most talked about for executive of the year. Pete would definitely be the most talked about for COY and Russell Wilson would be RUNNING AWAY with ROY talk.

I've said this many many times. That is a fact without doubt.
I know kornheiser doesn't call games, but man would i like to see a Russell Wilson/Kornhole incident ala Deion Sanders/Tim McCarver post game locker room bucket shower(s).

Absolutely douche the douche.

Of course Russell would have too much class.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:37 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8756473

If anyone wants to hear what he has to say (can't recommend it, but saw this link and thought I'd share for context here). Seahawk starts about 3:00 in

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:44 am 
NET Veteran

kidhawk wrote:

If anyone wants to hear what he has to say (can't recommend it, but saw this link and thought I'd share for context here). Seahawk starts about 3:00 in

I didn't know they had a similar conversation on PTI. The conversation on Kornheiser's local radio program actually had a much longer segment on the Seahawks. Wilbon LOVES Wilson ever since seeing him beat his Bears, so one dimension of Kornheiser's comment is actually throwing that love affair back at Wilbon.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:51 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Jac wrote:
kidhawk wrote:

I didn't know they had a similar conversation on PTI. The conversation on Kornheiser's local radio program actually had a much longer segment on the Seahawks. Wilbon LOVES Wilson ever since seeing him beat his Bears, so one dimension of Kornheiser's comment is actually throwing that love affair back at Wilbon.

So he actually used the Wilson broken leg example TWICE? I can almost (still not quite, but almost) understand if it were just him saying it off the cuff and not having time to consider the words, but if he actually said it once, then repeated it again, there is no excuse for it at all.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:57 am 
* NET Eeyore *

Wow....stay classy Tony.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:09 pm 
* NET Philistine *

If Kornheiser gets hit in the mouth by a stray baseball (or some other projectile), and it breaks his jaw, I'll consider it poetic justice.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:11 pm 
NET Veteran

kidhawk wrote:
Jac wrote:
kidhawk wrote:

So he actually used the Wilson broken leg example TWICE? I can almost (still not quite, but almost) understand if it were just him saying it off the cuff and not having time to consider the words, but if he actually said it once, then repeated it again, there is no excuse for it at all.

No, that's why I was a little wishy-washy in my first post (i.e., when I said I don't remember it being said quite like that). The Twitter post is clearly referencing that PTI bit, not the radio conversation this morning. On the radio, I don't think Wilson was even specifically called out in the context of that conversation. It was more along the lines that Carroll needs to be careful with that kind of stuff or his players are eventually going to get targeted. The main thrust of the radio program was Wilbon gushing about the Seahawks.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:13 pm 
NET Starter

kidhawk wrote:

Thanks for the proof. Just one more show on ESPN I won't watch again. I'm down to only watching E60, 30 for 30, Outside The Lines, College Football Live, and games. ESPN has really gone down hill.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:32 pm 
* Report Button *

He didn't say someone SHOULD break Wilsons leg. He said running up the score may cause a player to BREAK Wilsons leg.

Wowee Hawks fans are a touchy and insecure bunch.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:33 pm 
NET Rookie

Wow what an effin joke. A classless pos, I've never watched PTI, and I never will now.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:39 pm 
* Report Button *

For real - are we as fans THIS delusional? He said some coach MAY order hurt Wilson. Kinda like Forrest Gregg did to Jim McMahon while coaching the Packers (I'm adding real life context for those who OBVIOUSLY haven't watched football long enough to understand his statement).

Reactions like this, to what is a real topic and discussion point, will forever keep Seattle a second-rate, chicken little, insecure, laughable sports town. Wow, pathetic, for real.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:42 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

kidhawk wrote:
Jac wrote:
kidhawk wrote:

Jac wrote:

No, that's why I was a little wishy-washy in my first post (i.e., when I said I don't remember it being said quite like that). The Twitter post is clearly referencing that PTI bit, not the radio conversation this morning. On the radio, I don't think Wilson was even specifically called out in the context of that conversation. It was more along the lines that Carroll needs to be careful with that kind of stuff or his players are eventually going to get targeted. The main thrust of the radio program was Wilbon gushing about the Seahawks.

Thanks for the clarification.

I still say that talking about having any player purposely targeted is pretty classless on his part. He may not be literally calling for someone to break his leg, but he's talking about it as if it's the norm and SHOULD be expected. This sort of thing (intentionally attempting a major injury to a player) should not be either accepted nor should it be talked about as the "norm". Kornheiser really should think before he speaks.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:54 pm 
* Report Button *

This is embarrassing, truly.

So, now we went from making up a statement on Kornheiser's behalf to make us all feel insecure, to understanding the actual statement and chastising a person for his speech. Chastising him for his speech, even though the idea of "retaliation" for such scenarios is as old as sports. And, probably occurred as recent as the World Series.

Maybe all of you should draft a letter and tell the PTI guys what and how to speak about our Seahawks so they dont hurt your feelings. Or, just start watching Dancing With the Stars, because obviously we dont understand sports as a fanbase.

Kriminee - what a whiny bunch of fans we are. "Waaaahhh, waaaahhh"

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:55 pm 
* NET Radish *

I used to listen to Kornheiser on the road when they were just on the radio. I've always thought he was a complete idiot and couldn't imagine anyone listening to him.

Wilborn who used to be a decent sports reporter and Tony baby have become TV hacks and are only worried about promoting themselves rather than what got them there.

Agree that any sportscaster that suggests someone hurt one of our players should be pulled off the air immediately.

Has no one else heard about what happened in NO this year?

:141847_bnono:

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:58 pm 
NET Veteran

you guys need to chill out! lol and stop being so butt hurt about the media. who cares? you cant control what others are going to say... :les:

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:01 pm 
* Report Button *

blue 22 wrote:
no kidding... you guys need to chill out and stop being so butt hurt about the media. who cares? you cant control what others are going to say... y'all stop whining! :les:

They're whining over a comment NEVER SAID! That's the part that gets me. It's amazing! It makes me think there's something to this cities and sports teams not being taken seriously.

What a bunch of menopausal women we are as a fanbase.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:01 pm 
* NET X's & O's Guru *

I think pretty much any fan base would react like this. It's a lousy thing to say and in poor taste. He didn't say "someone should break his leg" but its just a road that no one needs to go down, its bad form.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:03 pm 
* Report Button *

AbsolutNET wrote:
I think pretty much any fan base would react like this. It's a lousy thing to say and in poor taste. He didn't say "someone should break his leg" but its just a road that no one needs to go down, its bad form.

He was insinuating that someone may retaliate. I doubt it would ever occur, and its a reach to assume it could happen in todays NFL, but they're job is to discuss sports, its a legit angle to take. And, it occurs in EVERY other sport.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:08 pm 
* NET Moderator *

pehawk wrote:
blue 22 wrote:
no kidding... you guys need to chill out and stop being so butt hurt about the media. who cares? you cant control what others are going to say... y'all stop whining! :les:

They're whining over a comment NEVER SAID! That's the part that gets me. It's amazing! It makes me think there's something to this cities and sports teams not being taken seriously.

What a bunch of menopausal women we are as a fanbase.

Completely agree. Its a shame you cant see the greatness in LaMichael, otherwise you're a pretty smart dude, sometimes.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:18 pm 
* Report Button *

I think he was great in his KR role. I think that's his future. He's Eric Metcalf, if Metcalf was a pro athlete since 18, like LaMichael.

The show's also to entertain. The topic was "is Carroll running up the score?". Kornheiser and Wilbons job is to discuss that topic, cause and effect, and make it relevant and entertaining to fans who DONT care about the Seahawks as well.

In the 70's, this type of retaliation would be a REAL and LEGIT threat to running up the score. It was part of the game. Before Goodell. The same Goodell drawing criticism for pussifying the game. Hmmm....

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:21 pm 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*

Aw Pe. You truly are our Rock during turbulent times. A calmer of raging seas. An anchor for reason.

Thus i'd like to retract my whole bucket shower idea and settle for golden ones instead.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:29 pm 
NET Ring Of Honor

If you watch or listen to the idiot then you have coming exactly what you deserve....More Bullshit.

Last edited by Largent80 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:29 pm 
* Report Button *

400WattHPSHawk wrote:
Aw Pe. You truly are our Rock during turbulent times. A calmer of raging seas. An anchor for reason.

Thus i'd like to retract my whole bucket shower idea and settle for golden ones instead.

If I become the voice of reason, calming influence and/or a voice of reason we're screwed.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:35 pm 
NET Veteran

this coming from a guy who is afraid to fly. read the espn biography to see how big of a pussy this clown-haired asshole is.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:35 pm 
* Report Button *

52 seconds in is WHAT Kornheiser feared. I remember watching this when I was a kid. Thought I'd provide it since none of you grew up watching football.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:03 pm 
NET Veteran

kornheiser's shctick is old, tired. MNF is still reeling from his stint while there. I fully understand the value of shock entertainment, it sells (see Howard Stern) but kornheiser constantly misses the mark. More appropriate would have been (if he said any of this at all); You know how you retataliate against Pete Carroll? The next punting situation, you break his punter's leg.

That would have made more sense, achieved the same level of shock and awe, while not damaging the show's, or network's credibility for going after RW, one of the great stories and yong men of this league. Perhaps Goodel should see this as another example of bounty-gate. No name player, about to be cut, breaks Wilson's leg and achieves instant media / notoriety.

Of course I am being facitious but ESPN needs to give the dude a talking to. I'll say it again, RW is what is right about this league, you don't target him with such adolescent BS.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:10 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Navyhawkfan187 wrote:
His actual quote was something along the lines of:

"You know how you get back at a guy like Pete Carroll? You take Wilson out of the game. You don't run for 3 TDs if his leg is broken."

That pretty much says he endorses breaking RW leg.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:15 pm 
NET Veteran

v1rotv2 wrote:
Navyhawkfan187 wrote:
That pretty much says he endorses breaking RW leg.

Sure sounds like it to me. Never liked the guy

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:16 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

HawkWow wrote:
(if he said any of this at all)

I can see arguing semantics of what he meant etc, but there's no questioning whether he said it or not.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:19 pm 
NET Veteran

pehawk wrote:
AbsolutNET wrote:

He was insinuating that someone may retaliate. I doubt it would ever occur, and its a reach to assume it could happen in todays NFL, but they're job is to discuss sports, its a legit angle to take. And, it occurs in EVERY other sport.

Yeah Bounty Gate is an illusion.....................

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:23 pm 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

Here is what is really stupid about it: By the time we "ran up the score", Wilson was off the field and Flynn was in. Breaking Wilson's leg would have required some mobsters.

And you are right, PeHawk, I did miss that Chicago game, not only did I not watch football back then, I was too busy for football, what with soccer practice and ballet lessons.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:24 pm 
NET Veteran

I don't care semantically what Kornheiser was insinuating, or whether there was malice in his statement or not. It was a poor choice of words. Period.

Should we be demanding an apology? No. But Kornheiser might want to follow it up with "errr, not the best choice of words, I don't want someone to break RW's legs."

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:25 pm 
NET Veteran

kidhawk wrote:
HawkWow wrote:
(if he said any of this at all)

I can see arguing semantics of what he meant etc, but there's no questioning whether he said it or not.

Nope...not arguing, I was just unsure. I read several posts here that stated he did not say this but you make it clear he did. Therefore, my opinion of him stands.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:33 pm 
NET Rookie

Your right pehawk, I didn't watch football growing up because I think Kornheiser is an idiot. Get off your high horse, and give me a break.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:35 pm 
* NET X's & O's Guru *

BAllenHawk wrote:
Your right pehawk, I didn't watch football growing up because I think Kornheiser is an idiot. Get off your high horse, and give me a break.

He has to use a low horse, he can't get on to a high one.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:48 pm 
* Report Button *

So, him discussing retaliation, using an extreme to illustrate his point, somehow offended everyone?

Okay, well, I think we should right now develop a list of right and wrong things to say. I'm serious, I dont think Kornheiserm, or I for that matter, understand how sensitive you all are. I know I'm really scared that if in a scenario I use an obvious extreme to make a point, like breaking a leg, I could really hurt all of you.

Should he have just said "what if someone retaliates against his star, Wilson, for running up the score?"" Would that be okay, ladies?

I heard Tarentino used some extreme language and violence to entertain and make a point in Django Unchained. You guys must be SOO upset!

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:04 pm 
* Report Button *

Sgt. Largent wrote:
I don't care semantically what Kornheiser was insinuating, or whether there was malice in his statement or not. It was a poor choice of words. Period.

Should we be demanding an apology? No. But Kornheiser might want to follow it up with "errr, not the best choice of words, I don't want someone to break RW's legs."

Your avatar is using an extreme scenario to illustrate a point. I think you're NOT a class act. I think you should apologize to me, and everyone else. NOW!!

P.S., he never said someone "should" break RW's leg. He used and extreme to illustrate a point. Kinda like your OFFENSIVE avatar. I come here for football, not what turns you on.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:16 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Midol anyone?

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:18 pm 
* Report Button *

Sgt Largent NEEDS TO admit thats a poor choice of an avatar. He's condoning the media's lips being fastened to Tebows zipper. It's classless.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]