Tony Kornheiser - class act

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
A-amUUxCcAABr5y.jpg:large

In case you missed it, the title of this post is ironic.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
In life you expect POS people to say POS things. No surprise.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE both Wilbon and Kornheiser. Best show on TV by a mile. Sometimes they say stupid things. Its their job to be entertaining and to make people pay attention and tune in. Classless and stupid statement? yes. Do i care? Nope.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Kornhole is an idiot. I would love to see the Hawks smash his Redskins in the first round

SEC FAN

Reaction score
That doesn't sound like something he would say. I need more proof.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Someone should break Kornwholes jaw.. of course in response to the crap he spews.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Never been a fan of these two. They couldn't care any less about Seattle. There was a game years ago where we were on Sunday Night Football, the next day I watched their show and when it came up to talk about Sunday Night Football, they both said they didn't watch it because there was better stuff on prime time television.

This is two people whose job it is to discuss sports, who chose not to watch the only national game of the day, to instead, watch some prime time television. Then talk about those shows on a sports talk program in lieu of talking about the game that actually took place.

Seahawks or anyone else, this is ridiculous and I've not wasted one minute on these two since that day.

As for the OP here, Assuming it's legit, that was a STUPID remark and shows his ignorance. Whether it was right or not to call that fake punt, you don't call for a player to get hurt because of it. This is a classless punk move, that should never have been said and shouldn't be tolerated.

GCrow

Reaction score
Couple years ago when I was younger, loved PTI and had to watch it everyday. Now (given I actually know what goes on in games and create my own opinions) I fret even switching to it when on.

Wilbon when at the Wash Post was definitely a very good sports journalist, however ever since he's been on TV all I get is the impression that he thinks he's a celebrity right up there with "his boy" Magic Johnson. And anyone who ever dares to disagree with him is a baffoon. (Look at his feud with Dan Steinberg & Bram Weinstein earlier this year).
As for TK, and I say this with all due respect to his career...just go home man. The only time I really hear of him anymore is when he makes outlandish remarks (Hannah Storm comment) and this may take the cake...Wow. Really Dude?

Anyways (not that I care what they do say) but this is baffling.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
What did Russell Wilson have to do with a fake punt?

Wishing harm on a player is bad enough, but wishing harm on a player that had nothing to do with a play or the decision to run it is just classless and stupid.

Jac

Reaction score
I actually heard that bit on Kornheiser's radio program this morning here in DC. He had Michael Wilbon on the phone. I'm not sure that's how I heard that comment at all, though. They were talking about the last couple of weeks (the 4th down pass and the fake punt) and that Seattle should be careful or one of its players (Wilson might have been the example) is going to get targeted and hurt. I don't remember it as a "should" comment at all.

Incidentally, Wilbon RAVED about the Seahawks for about two minutes. It was kind of funny, because he said Carroll is the kind of coach that's insufferable when he has a powerhouse...and that Seattle was now a team that had EVERYTHING. And he went down and listed all the parts (defense, QB, young WRs, running game). Then, he talked about how Harbaugh and Carroll are both big characters, and that that's probably good for the NFL. He can't wait for the SNF game.

GCrow

Reaction score
^.....Well that makes a little more sense. (I still think their way 'round the bend though)

BlueTalons

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2tk725t7 said:
A-amUUxCcAABr5y.jpg:large

In case you missed it, the title of this post is ironic.
If he actually said that...he is an ASS! :death2:

(Actually...your title is sarcastic. Ironic would be my avatar that is actually a campaign pin for Woodrow Wilson.)

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":334zp1ab said:
Yes, I agree, more sarcasm than irony in the title. Still a giant douche. Can't say you wouldn't see half the nation screaming if he'd said this regarding RGIII and his injury.

Well apparently, according to somebody who heard it, he didnt even say it but is being misquoted.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
His actual quote was something along the lines of:

"You know how you get back at a guy like Pete Carroll? You take Wilson out of the game. You don't run for 3 TDs if his leg is broken."

rastahawk

Reaction score
Its not just because of this bone headed comment do I not listen to the guy. Its generally because he is kind of an annoying character with a bitchy voice. I just hate watching guys all giddy when the cameras are rolling. But in saying that I hope he gets tea-bagged by an african bull elephant.

amill87

Reaction score
Wow.

ESPN should be embarrassed. They should make him apologize for saying something like that. I get it's all about ratings and what not that but that is crossing a line and completely unprofessional

rideaducati

Reaction score
I wonder what would happen if he said that about Tom Brady and the Patriots. I'm only guessing, but I bet it would garner much more negative attention for Kornheiser. Typical East Coast Elitists...When one of the teams out East runs up the score in a game, it's GREAT offense. When a West Coast team does it to an East Coast team, it's poor sportsmanship. I am definitely looking forward to the Seahawks becoming ESPN's most hated team.

This all started when the Seahawks hired Pete Carroll. Pete was already hated in the East for beating every team the East put in front of him. Now, he's doing the same thing in the NFL for a West coast team. Had Pete and John done what they are doing in Seattle for the Jets, John would be the most talked about for executive of the year. Pete would definitely be the most talked about for COY and Russell Wilson would be RUNNING AWAY with ROY talk.

Oh well. I'm loving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts