Tony Kornheiser - class act

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Tony Kornheiser - class act
Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:16 pm
  • HawkWow wrote: (if he said any of this at all)

I can see arguing semantics of what he meant etc, but there's no questioning whether he said it or not.
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:19 pm
  • pehawk wrote:
    AbsolutNET wrote:I think pretty much any fan base would react like this. It's a lousy thing to say and in poor taste. He didn't say "someone should break his leg" but its just a road that no one needs to go down, its bad form.

He was insinuating that someone may retaliate. I doubt it would ever occur, and its a reach to assume it could happen in todays NFL, but they're job is to discuss sports, its a legit angle to take. And, it occurs in EVERY other sport.

Yeah Bounty Gate is an illusion.....................

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:23 pm
  • Here is what is really stupid about it: By the time we "ran up the score", Wilson was off the field and Flynn was in. Breaking Wilson's leg would have required some mobsters.

And you are right, PeHawk, I did miss that Chicago game, not only did I not watch football back then, I was too busy for football, what with soccer practice and ballet lessons.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:24 pm
  • I don't care semantically what Kornheiser was insinuating, or whether there was malice in his statement or not. It was a poor choice of words. Period.

Should we be demanding an apology? No. But Kornheiser might want to follow it up with "errr, not the best choice of words, I don't want someone to break RW's legs."
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:25 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:
    HawkWow wrote: (if he said any of this at all)

I can see arguing semantics of what he meant etc, but there's no questioning whether he said it or not.

Nope...not arguing, I was just unsure. I read several posts here that stated he did not say this but you make it clear he did. Therefore, my opinion of him stands.
    Having your views challenged is a lot more healthy than simply jabbering on with people who think exactly the same way as you.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:33 pm
  • Your right pehawk, I didn't watch football growing up because I think Kornheiser is an idiot. Get off your high horse, and give me a break.
    BAllenHawk
    NET Rookie

Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:35 pm
  • BAllenHawk wrote:Your right pehawk, I didn't watch football growing up because I think Kornheiser is an idiot. Get off your high horse, and give me a break.

He has to use a low horse, he can't get on to a high one.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:48 pm
  • So, him discussing retaliation, using an extreme to illustrate his point, somehow offended everyone?

Okay, well, I think we should right now develop a list of right and wrong things to say. I'm serious, I dont think Kornheiserm, or I for that matter, understand how sensitive you all are. I know I'm really scared that if in a scenario I use an obvious extreme to make a point, like breaking a leg, I could really hurt all of you.

Should he have just said "what if someone retaliates against his star, Wilson, for running up the score?"" Would that be okay, ladies?

I heard Tarentino used some extreme language and violence to entertain and make a point in Django Unchained. You guys must be SOO upset!
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:04 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:I don't care semantically what Kornheiser was insinuating, or whether there was malice in his statement or not. It was a poor choice of words. Period.

Should we be demanding an apology? No. But Kornheiser might want to follow it up with "errr, not the best choice of words, I don't want someone to break RW's legs."

Your avatar is using an extreme scenario to illustrate a point. I think you're NOT a class act. I think you should apologize to me, and everyone else. NOW!!

P.S., he never said someone "should" break RW's leg. He used and extreme to illustrate a point. Kinda like your OFFENSIVE avatar. I come here for football, not what turns you on.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:16 pm
  • Midol anyone?
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:18 pm
  • Sgt Largent NEEDS TO admit thats a poor choice of an avatar. He's condoning the media's lips being fastened to Tebows zipper. It's classless.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Previous

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:52 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information