Seahawks outside of the NFC West

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Seahawks outside of the NFC West
Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:30 pm
  • Nothing groundbreaking here, but I thought our W-L record was interesting when broken down outside of the Home/Away breakdowns we usually see.

I like to look at our record in 3 ways. First, how did we do in our division...the answer there is so far 1-3 with 2 games left. Makes it really hard to win your division when you start off 0-3

Second, I like to look at NFC games outside our division We have 6 of these games each year, and this year, we are 5-1, beating Dallas, Green Bay, Chicago, Minnesota & Carolina and only losing to Detroit. This speaks wonders because the teams we beat, 3 of them could be in the playoffs and possible future opponents.

Lastly, I like to look at how we do in the AFC. This year, we played the East and went 3-1. We beat the Patriots, Jets and Bills, only losing a close game to Miami.

So, to sum up, we are 8-2 outside our division. This is a number which I REALLY like to see going into the playoffs. This makes San Francisco the only team to have beaten us going into the playoffs this year. This is why I want this win on Sunday sooooooo badly. I want to go into the playoffs having won our last game against all the playoff teams we played this season.
    :les:

kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Re: Seahawks outside of the NFC West
Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:52 pm
  • Thanks for the info. Always good to go and take wins away from the league as a whole. No one is talking about how we are the worst division ever nowadays.

Man, I am with you. I want this win so freaking bad, I am foaming at the mouth.
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:31 pm
  • And people keep telling us how good the NFC East is ... and how tough the NFC North is ... and how bad the NFC West is ...
    Joe
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*

Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:43 pm
  • I believe that the NfC west is now the best division in football. You could argue the NfC north.

I'm scared and my tension level is on high alert. I have put in a vacation day for Monday because win or lose it ain't going to be pretty.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:46 pm
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:I believe that the NfC west is now the best division in football. You could argue the NfC north.

I'm scared and my tension level is on high alert. I have put in a vacation day for Monday because win or lose it ain't going to be pretty.

From current power rankings, we are the #1 division. However, its gets kinda skewed because NFC East is technically the 2nd cause of this atrocious 3 way tie going on over there.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:20 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information