Who would you rather play? Kaepernick or Alex Smith?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • I'm a 49ers fan, and a quarterback debate between Smith and Kaep has been going on since the Bears game.

    So I'm curious, as Seahawks fans who would you rather they play?
    User avatar
    USArmyParatrooper
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 59
    Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:21 pm


  • Smith, any day.
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7534
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68


  • Smith, easily.

    Who's the other guy? Tolzien? that'd be my total preference.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19226
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


  • Absolutely Smith. He is a great game manager to keep the game close w/ a great grind it out running game. But if you get behind a little bit you are pretty much done as Smith lacks any resemblance of being capable of getting you back in the game or playing catch up. Kaep on the other hand has a much higher ceiling w/ his strong arm and great running ability. I have seen very little drop off in the decision making between the 2 other than a few rookie mistakes from Kaep. He might have a few more mistakes taking chances but the positives/potential out weighs the those by quite a bit imop. I was extremely sad to see you guys take him and even sadder to see Smith get hurt.

    Should be one heck of a brutal game and great test to see where both our teams sit at this time. Here is to a great Hawks victory w/ no injuries.

    Go Hawks
    Welcome to Mr. Wilson's Magic Show
    Strong safety Kam Chancellor, a 6-foot-3, 232-pound rhinoceros in cleats.....REED ALBERGOTTI
    Put them together, and this long-limbed, fleet-a-foot foursome forms a formidable force. ....Clare Farnsworth referencing the "Legion of Boom"
    oregonhawkfan
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 2068
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:08 pm


  • Smith. Pressure him at all and he'll start leaving plays on the field.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

    Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 11341
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


  • Smith, Kap is much more scary
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    User avatar
    rainger
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1740
    Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:32 am
    Location: Victoria BC


  • KAP first year starters do not fair well in the clink
    warden
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1954
    Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:31 pm


  • Very tough call, I think Harbaugh made the right call as Kap is the future. Everyone knows what Smith can do, he was efficient but not a real threat. Kap on the other hand brings more big plays but more turnovers and inexperience. I think both would have trouble next Sunday Night but I think after seeing the issues Kap had wiht fumbling and trowing some very bad deep balls I'd rather face him right now. As someone stated before the Seahawks weakness is short to intermediate and crossing routes. Smith is probably better at those than Kap is so in particular Smith matches up better against our style of defense. Next year after Kap has already tasted the SEA VS SF rivalry and played a game at the CLINK he will be scary.

    I fully expect Sunday to be a blood bath. NFC West has overtaken the AFC North for the toughest division in football. With two Super young talents in Wilson and Kap this rivalry is only getting better. I'm just glad the Hawks are a younger team so as soon as SF starts fading we can get some easy Division titles again.
    Image
    User avatar
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2182
    Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:38 am
    Location: Graham, WA


  • Kap personally. We beat Cam already this year, and for some reason struggle against Smith so I'd rather go with something the Seahawks defense has somewhat seen already and had success against.
    Image Image
    User avatar
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2128
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:18 pm
    Location: Marysville, WA


  • Kaep all day. He is inexperienced.
    P-Rich fo life
    User avatar
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2575
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am


  • Wenhawk wrote:Very tough call, I think Harbaugh made the right call as Kap is the future. Everyone knows what Smith can do, he was efficient but not a real threat. Kap on the other hand brings more big plays but more turnovers and inexperience. I think both would have trouble next Sunday Night but I think after seeing the issues Kap had wiht fumbling and trowing some very bad deep balls I'd rather face him right now. As someone stated before the Seahawks weakness is short to intermediate and crossing routes. Smith is probably better at those than Kap is so in particular Smith matches up better against our style of defense. Next year after Kap has already tasted the SEA VS SF rivalry and played a game at the CLINK he will be scary.

    I fully expect Sunday to be a blood bath. NFC West has overtaken the AFC North for the toughest division in football. With two Super young talents in Wilson and Kap this rivalry is only getting better. I'm just glad the Hawks are a younger team so as soon as SF starts fading we can get some easy Division titles again.


    That was actually a pretty well reasoned post, though I still prefer Kaepernick to start (as a 49ers fan).

    One thing that's really making me nervous, though, is Justin Smith being hurt. That man is a BEAST. He would not have left the game unless his elbow was reaaaallly effed up. That's the type of player that he is. A huge, huge loss of the team to have him out for a game.

    Hopefully my suspicions will be wrong and he plays.
    User avatar
    USArmyParatrooper
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 59
    Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:21 pm


  • AF_Hawk wrote:Kap personally. We beat Cam already this year, and for some reason struggle against Smith so I'd rather go with something the Seahawks defense has somewhat seen already and had success against.


    You didn't struggle against Smith at all last time. Our Defense won that game.
    User avatar
    USArmyParatrooper
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 59
    Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:21 pm


  • USArmyParatrooper wrote:
    Wenhawk wrote:Very tough call, I think Harbaugh made the right call as Kap is the future. Everyone knows what Smith can do, he was efficient but not a real threat. Kap on the other hand brings more big plays but more turnovers and inexperience. I think both would have trouble next Sunday Night but I think after seeing the issues Kap had wiht fumbling and trowing some very bad deep balls I'd rather face him right now. As someone stated before the Seahawks weakness is short to intermediate and crossing routes. Smith is probably better at those than Kap is so in particular Smith matches up better against our style of defense. Next year after Kap has already tasted the SEA VS SF rivalry and played a game at the CLINK he will be scary.

    I fully expect Sunday to be a blood bath. NFC West has overtaken the AFC North for the toughest division in football. With two Super young talents in Wilson and Kap this rivalry is only getting better. I'm just glad the Hawks are a younger team so as soon as SF starts fading we can get some easy Division titles again.


    That was actually a pretty well reasoned post, though I still prefer Kaepernick to start (as a 49ers fan).

    One thing that's really making me nervous, though, is Justin Smith being hurt. That man is a BEAST. He would not have left the game unless his elbow was reaaaallly effed up. That's the type of player that he is. A huge, huge loss of the team to have him out for a game.

    Hopefully my suspicions will be wrong and he plays.


    Did he hurt the arm that he uses to hold the Tackle that is assigned to block Aldon Smith? If so, that is a significant loss for SF.

    As far as Kaepernick, he made some throws on Sunday that an above average secondary would have made him pay for. He seems like he goes through his progressions well, but still makes some odd decisions while doing it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2265
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm


  • Kaepernick. I want to beat Kaepernick and instill the fear of God into him in case we have to travel to SF in the playoffs.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

    RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 15474
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


  • USArmyParatrooper wrote:
    AF_Hawk wrote:Kap personally. We beat Cam already this year, and for some reason struggle against Smith so I'd rather go with something the Seahawks defense has somewhat seen already and had success against.


    You didn't struggle against Smith at all last time. Our Defense won that game.


    True. But I'd rather face a QB that plays in our favor which I think Kaep does. First year starter, playing huge playoff type game at one of the hardest stadiums to play in.
    Image Image
    User avatar
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2128
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:18 pm
    Location: Marysville, WA


  • Kap.

    Young, dumb and full of ....uh...mistakes.

    Really though, I think Smith would be more even keel and consistent, while Kap can light things up, or blow the game.
    Image
    User avatar
    DericLee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 863
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:17 pm


  • Being that we have little to no pass rush, having Kaep run towards us can only benefit us, no? J/k, but we do need to figure out how to get a pass rush against the Niners outstanding offensive line.
    Image Image
    User avatar
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2128
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:18 pm
    Location: Marysville, WA


  • AF_Hawk wrote:Being that we have little to no pass rush, having Kaep run towards us can only benefit us, no? J/k, but we do need to figure out how to get a pass rush against the Niners outstanding offensive line.


    Wha?? Our offensive line is horrible. They played well against the Patriots, though.
    User avatar
    USArmyParatrooper
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 59
    Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:21 pm


  • oregonhawkfan wrote:Absolutely Smith. He is a great game manager to keep the game close w/ a great grind it out running game. But if you get behind a little bit you are pretty much done as Smith lacks any resemblance of being capable of getting you back in the game or playing catch up. Kaep on the other hand has a much higher ceiling w/ his strong arm and great running ability. I have seen very little drop off in the decision making between the 2 other than a few rookie mistakes from Kaep. He might have a few more mistakes taking chances but the positives/potential out weighs the those by quite a bit imop. I was extremely sad to see you guys take him and even sadder to see Smith get hurt.

    Should be one heck of a brutal game and great test to see where both our teams sit at this time. Here is to a great Hawks victory w/ no injuries.

    Go Hawks

    He showed in the last postseason, he's capable of playing from behind.

    As for the OP, definitely Smith. Cutler was running all over us and I don't trust our LB's to be able to contain a guy like Kaep.
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7236
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


  • Smith is easy to rattle. Like Montana said, he leaves plays on the field. It isn't easy to pressure him into picks, but is easy to pressure him into stagnation.
    Kaep is a wildcard right now. But unlike Smith, he can be pressured into mistakes, see the St. Louis road game. And I think our secondary can create a few traps for him. But, he has wheels, and a couple of our linebackers lack speed. However, we had no trouble shutting down a guy who can run like him in Carolina.

    So, I want to face Kaep. He is the future in SF, and we need to give him an impression he won't forget. Alex already is what he is.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11311
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


  • CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    USArmyParatrooper wrote:
    Wenhawk wrote:Very tough call, I think Harbaugh made the right call as Kap is the future. Everyone knows what Smith can do, he was efficient but not a real threat. Kap on the other hand brings more big plays but more turnovers and inexperience. I think both would have trouble next Sunday Night but I think after seeing the issues Kap had wiht fumbling and trowing some very bad deep balls I'd rather face him right now. As someone stated before the Seahawks weakness is short to intermediate and crossing routes. Smith is probably better at those than Kap is so in particular Smith matches up better against our style of defense. Next year after Kap has already tasted the SEA VS SF rivalry and played a game at the CLINK he will be scary.

    I fully expect Sunday to be a blood bath. NFC West has overtaken the AFC North for the toughest division in football. With two Super young talents in Wilson and Kap this rivalry is only getting better. I'm just glad the Hawks are a younger team so as soon as SF starts fading we can get some easy Division titles again.


    That was actually a pretty well reasoned post, though I still prefer Kaepernick to start (as a 49ers fan).

    One thing that's really making me nervous, though, is Justin Smith being hurt. That man is a BEAST. He would not have left the game unless his elbow was reaaaallly effed up. That's the type of player that he is. A huge, huge loss of the team to have him out for a game.

    Hopefully my suspicions will be wrong and he plays.


    Did he hurt the arm that he uses to hold the Tackle that is assigned to block Aldon Smith? If so, that is a significant loss for SF.

    As far as Kaepernick, he made some throws on Sunday that an above average secondary would have made him pay for. He seems like he goes through his progressions well, but still makes some odd decisions while doing it.


    Oh, please. Now I really hope he starts just so I can see this nonsense again.
    User avatar
    USArmyParatrooper
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 59
    Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:21 pm


  • I'd rather see Kap. He's a bit of a hot commodity right now but to me he has a gimmicky feel. At least while he settles into his long term identity. Smith while he has his moments can also be very effective. He is afterall the more cerebreal of the two. I feel like if Kap starts making mistakes he is more likely of the two to spiral out of control because of his inexperience.
    Image
    User avatar
    rastahawk
    * Just Chillin' *
     
    Posts: 1060
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:51 am
    Location: Los Angeles


  • USArmyParatrooper wrote:
    AF_Hawk wrote:Being that we have little to no pass rush, having Kaep run towards us can only benefit us, no? J/k, but we do need to figure out how to get a pass rush against the Niners outstanding offensive line.


    Wha?? Our offensive line is horrible. They played well against the Patriots, though.

    Man, you guys are spoiled if you think your line is horrible.
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7236
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


  • USArmyParatrooper wrote:
    AF_Hawk wrote:Being that we have little to no pass rush, having Kaep run towards us can only benefit us, no? J/k, but we do need to figure out how to get a pass rush against the Niners outstanding offensive line.


    Wha?? Our offensive line is horrible. They played well against the Patriots, though.


    Horrible? I don't think so.

    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

    I know stats don't tell the whole story, but even when we played you earlier in the year the Niners o-line dominated.
    Image Image
    User avatar
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2128
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:18 pm
    Location: Marysville, WA


  • AF_Hawk wrote:
    USArmyParatrooper wrote:
    AF_Hawk wrote:Being that we have little to no pass rush, having Kaep run towards us can only benefit us, no? J/k, but we do need to figure out how to get a pass rush against the Niners outstanding offensive line.


    Wha?? Our offensive line is horrible. They played well against the Patriots, though.


    Horrible? I don't think so.

    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

    I know stats don't tell the whole story, but even when we played you earlier in the year the Niners o-line dominated.


    I'm talking about pass protection. We're one of the worst in the league. It's a little better now since kaepernick is more mobile.
    User avatar
    USArmyParatrooper
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 59
    Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:21 pm


  • Either. At this point we know that Smith can win here or at home against the Seahawks, so it isn't like playing a mediocre 2nd string QB. He was the starter for a team that was a couple of special teams fumbles from the Superbowl.

    Kaepernick has shown he can win in a historically challenging road game and in prime time games. He is more a wildcard to the Seahawks, since they haven't had extensive experience against him. Will be interesting to see how the 9ers decide to attack the Seahawks deep and with whom. Usually Davis is giving the team fits but now Crabtree and even Moss are getting shots and that I think is due to Kaep's elevation to starter.

    So I would rather play Smith if playing a close game at home is the best chance to win. Kaep, if it is to be a high-flying shoot-out that has the country raving about the matchup.

    So for entertainment value, Kaep. Not because I think it guarantees a win. Just because it could be a fun game to watch for all.
    Image
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    User avatar
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *
     
    Posts: 9358
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
    Location: Covington, Washington


  • USArmyParatrooper wrote:
    AF_Hawk wrote:Kap personally. We beat Cam already this year, and for some reason struggle against Smith so I'd rather go with something the Seahawks defense has somewhat seen already and had success against.


    You didn't struggle against Smith at all last time. Our Defense won that game.


    your defense didn't beat us, our offenseive struggles and dropped balls beat us... to answer the question, smith all day every sunday.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4053
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


  • If the game was in SF I'd rather play Smith, but since it's our home game I'd rather play Kaepernick........because he's the one of the two QB's that's more likely to make mistakes in front of a hostile crowd.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3547
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


  • I have stated this elsewhere but will repeat for the OP since you asked :) part of this was in an earlier reply

    Smith calmly moved across the field in the last game. It was a mix of short passes and Gore running the ball. Seattle hardly had the ball in the second half as we couldn't get SF off the field. It drained defenses and when the Seattle offense failed to get a first down right away it was a huge deal as it was another 7-10 minutes before they saw the ball again (20-30 minutes real time lol). That is not good for either offense or defense. It is a great way to play football when the game is close or you have the lead

    Kap can score quickly - I can live with quick 7 points. It allows our offense back out there to stay in rythm and it gets the defense off the field. The defense will have more opportunities for picking off the long ball or hitting WR's just catching it in the secondary and hoping the ball will come loose. I think it is more of the future of the NFL and is great for when you are down / want to put up quick points to get a lead. It is not optimal when you have a lead by 2 or 3 td's (see NE game as example....)

    Now on top of this you add a very loud environment and hopefully two very good CBs playing on Sunday night for the Seahawks. I hope we can stack the box to stop the run and play man to man in the secondary and still get the picks. I think Alex Smith would pick us apart over the middle where we have been weak in several games this year.

    I said it before the NE game - I was hoping for a SF CLOSE loss. Only for the reason that I think Kap is better for the Hawks than Smith is and I wanted a SF loss that wouldn't be blamed on Kap. Sticking with that pick and happy we get to see Kap. Doesn't mean he won't torch us - just means I think we are better suited for his kind of game
    mikeak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3551
    Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • Kaepernick is the wildcard. For either bad or good. Against the Rams and Dolphins, he had a total of 1 TD. (rushing). Those are good defenses and he was effectively shut down. Averaging 196 yards/gm. Even against the Saints the offense only managed 17 points-- they won thanks to 2 pick 6's.

    He's thrown for a mere 7 TD's in his 6 games he's started or played the majority of the game. 4of which came against a horrific PAT's passing defense. 6 of his 7 TD's have come against just 2 teams. (Pats on road, Bears @ Home).

    The question is what trend is most relavent? Is it the feast of the PATs game and he going to be throwing several TD's from here on out, or is it the famine of the STL and MIA games?

    Then you've got the Seahawks run defense that played Cam Newton brilliantly, but has since struggled at times against good backs. Can they get back to that CAR level of play. On the whole Kaepernick presents to me the greatest swing both positively and negatively. Whereas Smith doesn't make mistakes and if they don't make mistakes than it's hard to come out on top.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2428
    Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:48 pm


  • Horrible? Maybe I'm watching a different team, the Niners o-line is damn good. Unfortunately
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2966
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • USArmyParatrooper wrote:
    CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    USArmyParatrooper wrote:

    One thing that's really making me nervous, though, is Justin Smith being hurt. That man is a BEAST. He would not have left the game unless his elbow was reaaaallly effed up. That's the type of player that he is. A huge, huge loss of the team to have him out for a game.

    Hopefully my suspicions will be wrong and he plays.


    Did he hurt the arm that he uses to hold the Tackle that is assigned to block Aldon Smith? If so, that is a significant loss for SF.

    As far as Kaepernick, he made some throws on Sunday that an above average secondary would have made him pay for. He seems like he goes through his progressions well, but still makes some odd decisions while doing it.


    Oh, please. Now I really hope he starts just so I can see this nonsense again.


    I knew that would get your rainbow panties in a bunch.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2265
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm


  • I don't care who the put in; let's kick some ass!!!!
    Status: Active lieutenant in the 12th Man Army
    User avatar
    12thMan1
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 723
    Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:19 am


  • jlwaters1 wrote:Kaepernick is the wildcard. For either bad or good. Against the Rams and Dolphins, he had a total of 1 TD. (rushing). Those are good defenses and he was effectively shut down. Averaging 196 yards/gm. Even against the Saints the offense only managed 17 points-- they won thanks to 2 pick 6's.

    He's thrown for a mere 7 TD's in his 6 games he's started or played the majority of the game. 4of which came against a horrific PAT's passing defense. 6 of his 7 TD's have come against just 2 teams. (Pats on road, Bears @ Home).

    The question is what trend is most relavent? Is it the feast of the PATs game and he going to be throwing several TD's from here on out, or is it the famine of the STL and MIA games?

    Then you've got the Seahawks run defense that played Cam Newton brilliantly, but has since struggled at times against good backs. Can they get back to that CAR level of play. On the whole Kaepernick presents to me the greatest swing both positively and negatively. Whereas Smith doesn't make mistakes and if they don't make mistakes than it's hard to come out on top.


    Touchdown throws (as an isolated statistic) is overrated. If a QB drives the team 80 yards and the OC calls for the RB to run it in, same result. When already inside the 10 the difference between a TD throw and a running TD isn't really a meaningful way to assess a QB. Deep TD passes, on the other hand, are a different matter.
    User avatar
    USArmyParatrooper
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 59
    Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:21 pm


  • USArmyParatrooper wrote:
    AF_Hawk wrote:Being that we have little to no pass rush, having Kaep run towards us can only benefit us, no? J/k, but we do need to figure out how to get a pass rush against the Niners outstanding offensive line.


    Wha?? Our offensive line is horrible. They played well against the Patriots, though.


    You honestly think the 49ers have a horrible offensive line? Wow.
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7534
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68


  • Kaepernick all day everyday. Why? Simple, because Kaepernick is the Niners future. I think either qb could start and win or start and lose, but when I play our division rivals, I want to beat their "A" team, and Kaep is part of the Niners "A" team now and for the future.
    Image

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 14157
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • hawker84 wrote:
    USArmyParatrooper wrote:
    AF_Hawk wrote:Kap personally. We beat Cam already this year, and for some reason struggle against Smith so I'd rather go with something the Seahawks defense has somewhat seen already and had success against.


    You didn't struggle against Smith at all last time. Our Defense won that game.


    your defense didn't beat us, our offenseive struggles and dropped balls beat us... to answer the question, smith all day every sunday.


    Right. Your offense put a whopping 6 points on the board and it had nothing to do with the Niners D.

    You know good D's force fumbles, right?
    User avatar
    USArmyParatrooper
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 59
    Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:21 pm


  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    USArmyParatrooper wrote:
    AF_Hawk wrote:Being that we have little to no pass rush, having Kaep run towards us can only benefit us, no? J/k, but we do need to figure out how to get a pass rush against the Niners outstanding offensive line.


    Wha?? Our offensive line is horrible. They played well against the Patriots, though.


    You honestly think the 49ers have a horrible offensive line? Wow.


    In terms of pass protection, yes. Absolutely.
    User avatar
    USArmyParatrooper
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 59
    Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:21 pm


  • Its a tough call. Kaep is more dynamic, but I also have a feeling he's just a bunch of turnovers waiting to happen. Smith is more steady and under control, but doesnt deliver the big play potential that Kaep does (but also highly capable of turnovers).

    Being that the game is in Seattle and the 12th man is going to be in full roar I think i'd rather see the youngster who's only started a few games.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18619
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


  • USArmyParatrooper, you must be really nervous about this game. Why else would you come to a hawks forum. Enjoy getting blown out this week. You will be lucky to stay within 20.
    P-Rich fo life
    User avatar
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2575
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am


  • USArmyParatrooper wrote:In terms of pass protection, yes. Absolutely.


    Poor pass protection doesn't exclusively mean the line is "horrible". They are excellent in run blocking. You have invested a lot of draft capital and in free agency to build that line - I think most teams would trade for your line in a blink of an eye.

    I'm not even sure I would agree you have poor pass protection. I think you might be a little spoiled by how good your team is. :th2thumbs:
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7534
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68


  • T-Sizzle wrote:USArmyParatrooper, you must be really nervous about this game. Why else would you come to a hawks forum. Enjoy getting blown out this week. You will be lucky to stay within 20.


    lol

    Will someone please sing me another song about 49ers fans who think the Seahawks are a guaranteed win? Anyone? Beuler?

    I am a little nervous about the game because I respect the Seahawks. But seriously, you have to be a real knuckle dragger to think you're going to run the score against the 49ers defense.
    User avatar
    USArmyParatrooper
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 59
    Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:21 pm


  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    USArmyParatrooper wrote:In terms of pass protection, yes. Absolutely.


    Poor pass protection doesn't exclusively mean the line is "horrible". They are excellent in run blocking. You have invested a lot of draft capital and in free agency to build that line - I think most teams would trade for your line in a blink of an eye.

    I'm not even sure I would agree you have poor pass protection. I think you might be a little spoiled by how good your team is. :th2thumbs:


    If I'm not mistaken, until Kaepernick came in we took the most sacks in the league. Keapernick is a lot more illusive, so I'm sure that went down some. The run blocking is very good, so I'll give you that.
    User avatar
    USArmyParatrooper
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 59
    Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:21 pm


  • USArmyParatrooper wrote:You know good D's force fumbles, right?


    Too bad they didn't force any fumbles...we dropped wide open passes that would have likely gone for six...see Turbin, Robert and Tate, Golden for reference.
    User avatar
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 605
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:48 am


  • Navyhawkfan187 wrote:
    USArmyParatrooper wrote:You know good D's force fumbles, right?


    Too bad they didn't force any fumbles...we dropped wide open passes that would have likely gone for six...see Turbin, Robert and Tate, Golden for reference.


    Yep. Huge drop by Tate on the 3rd down slant. Moore dropped what would have been a long gainer down the sideline. Also, Obo had the long catch (30+ yds) but stumbled and it would have gone for a lot more.
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7534
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68


  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    Navyhawkfan187 wrote:
    USArmyParatrooper wrote:You know good D's force fumbles, right?


    Too bad they didn't force any fumbles...we dropped wide open passes that would have likely gone for six...see Turbin, Robert and Tate, Golden for reference.


    Yep. Huge drop by Tate on the 3rd down slant. Moore dropped what would have been a long gainer down the sideline. Also, Obo had the long catch (30+ yds) but stumbled and it would have gone for a lot more.


    Dropped passes are a part of the game. I couldn't watch the Niners - Seahawks game but I wouldn't be surprised if the Niners had dropped passes of their own.

    Hopefully Carroll has a little respect for the Niners D as some of you seem to. But unfortunately he's not stupid.

    But back to the point, the 49ers defense beat the Hawks. Not Alex Smith.
    User avatar
    USArmyParatrooper
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 59
    Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:21 pm


  • USArmyParatrooper wrote:
    Dropped passes are a part of the game. I couldn't watch the Niners - Seahawks game but I wouldn't be surprised if the Niners had dropped passes of their own.

    Hopefully Carroll has a little respect for the Niners D as some of you seem to. But unfortunately he's not stupid.

    But back to the point, the 49ers defense beat the Hawks. Not Alex Smith.


    You didn't even watch the game so you really shouldn't be commenting on it. Seattle had the most drops they've had all year vs SF. They literally "dropped" that game away. Turbin dropped a wheel route with nobody near him, Tate dropped open looks with NOBODY NEAR HIM. Young team nerves got the better of Seattle and Gore gashed our D all game long on traps and dives and kept our Offense off the field and unable to overcome our early mistakes. Your D would have looked like crap if our hands didn't look worse.
    User avatar
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 605
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:48 am


  • USArmyParatrooper wrote:Dropped passes are a part of the game. I couldn't watch the Niners - Seahawks game but I wouldn't be surprised if the Niners had dropped passes of their own.

    Hopefully Carroll has a little respect for the Niners D as some of you seem to. But unfortunately he's not stupid.

    But back to the point, the 49ers defense beat the Hawks. Not Alex Smith.


    You didn't see the game, that's the problem. Even the commentators were saying that "the story of this game, if the Seahawks lose, will be the dropped passes". They were HUGE drops at critical times by WIDE OPEN receivers. At least 1 (Turbin's) would have been a TD for sure, and 1 (Tate's) would have been a 1st down close to FG range. One was a drop by Edwards in the end zone that would have been a tough catch but it was in his hands.

    The 49ers D was beat on these plays, and the Hawks' players just could not make the plays for some reason.

    I don't recall any drops by the 49ers in this game. If there were any, they were not critical drops.
    Image
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11810
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


  • USArmyParatrooper wrote:
    Navyhawkfan187 wrote:
    USArmyParatrooper wrote:You know good D's force fumbles, right?


    Too bad they didn't force any fumbles...we dropped wide open passes that would have likely gone for six...see Turbin, Robert and Tate, Golden for reference.




    Dropped passes are a part of the game. I couldn't watch the Niners - Seahawks game but I wouldn't be surprised if the Niners had dropped passes of their own.

    Hopefully Carroll has a little respect for the Niners D as some of you seem to. But unfortunately he's not stupid.

    But back to the point, the 49ers defense beat the Hawks. Not Alex Smith.



    Funny that you are so comfortable speaking of something of which you know nothing about.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2265
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm


  • CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    USArmyParatrooper wrote:
    Navyhawkfan187 wrote:
    Too bad they didn't force any fumbles...we dropped wide open passes that would have likely gone for six...see Turbin, Robert and Tate, Golden for reference.




    Dropped passes are a part of the game. I couldn't watch the Niners - Seahawks game but I wouldn't be surprised if the Niners had dropped passes of their own.

    Hopefully Carroll has a little respect for the Niners D as some of you seem to. But unfortunately he's not stupid.

    But back to the point, the 49ers defense beat the Hawks. Not Alex Smith.



    Funny that you are so comfortable speaking of something of which you know nothing about.

    He isn't here for debate or discourse. So, talking out his ass about a nationally televised game he didn't watch is only natural. Eff him, it's the ignore list for him.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11311
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Next


It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:30 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information